Bunch's Fantasy Grounds thread.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Bunch

The other Mods are geese!
Reaction score
I'm going to try and setup some FG servers for people to explore FG Unity. The product is now in open beta. You can download the demo license and connect to me because I have an unlimited license.

I have the following rulesets
D&D 5E with pretty much all the splat books
AD&D 2e with the three core books
Rolemaster Classic
Savage World's (Deluxe?)
Numenera/Strange/Cypher
FATE
Pathfinder default (basic)
BRP
C&C

Please let me know which of those you would like to check out and I'll try to get an instance running for you.

I'm going to try and setup some FG servers for people to explore FG Unity. The product is now in open beta. You can download the demo license and connect to me because I have an unlimited license.

I have the following rulesets
D&D 5E with pretty much all the splat books
AD&D 2e with the three core books
Rolemaster Classic
Savage World's (Deluxe?)
Numenera/Strange/Cypher
FATE
Pathfinder default (basic)
BRP
C&C

Please let me know which of those you would like to check out and I'll try to get an instance running for you.
Bumping this in case it got lost in the morning posts

Thanks a bunch :tongue:

We’re moving our campaigns to FGU for the next few months. We might have questions on how to do stuff once we are a little further down the track...

Thanks a bunch :tongue:

We’re moving our campaigns to FGU for the next few months. We might have questions on how to do stuff once we are a little further down the track...
What game are you playing?

Initially we will be playing 5e. We are part way through Out of the Abyss and FG seems to have good support for the official campaigns, so our GM was keen to pick that over Roll20.

I will be running Savage Worlds on it at some point in the near future, too, I suspect. We were literally one session into my campaign when the isolation hit.

I’m thinking about trying this out.

Dumb question: do we have to have a paid FG accounts to access these?

i almost went with GFG, and probably would if we had gone 5e with our game. Are there any provisions for storyteller games? or mythras for that matter? is there a toolkit that I could writeup my own Mythras add in?

i almost went with GFG, and probably would if we had gone 5e with our game. Are there any provisions for storyteller games? or mythras for that matter? is there a toolkit that I could writeup my own Mythras add in?
There is BRP. You can modify a ruleset if you're decent with Lua and XML.

There is BRP. You can modify a ruleset if you're decent with Lua and XML.

while i'm not personally, I can muddle through a lot, and I do know some Lua and XML folks in my group

If you want to see a BRP instance I can switch it over now and you can log in.

I just started up the BRP ruleset. It's very basic.

alright, i'll check it out. downloading

Question, please Bunch Bunch ...

Does everyone playing need to buy their own PHB to have access to the stuff in it, or if the GM buys it can anyone logged in to their game access it?

We are getting close to playing and our GM jumped in with an Ultimate license (monthly) so we are connecting to his server. But so far no one has any of the ‘extra’ modules and so we’re missing any of the player stuff outside the SRD at the moment. I’m playing a Bard of the Sword college so particularly feeling the absence of content.

Only the GM needs to buy it. I don't believe you'll have access to the books while offline though.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Some digging around suggested that but their documentation is pretty woeful

Hmm. So the concept of FG:U is that hosters will purchase the unlimited version and every package imaginable and then let you manage your instances like creeperhost et al do for online games and charge subscriber fees to the GM’s?

Hmm. So the concept of FG:U is that hosters will purchase the unlimited version and every package imaginable and then let you manage your instances like creeperhost et al do for online games and charge subscriber fees to the GM’s?
Interesting.

You either buy a subscription or a one time license. I have an ultimate license. I bought the original a long time ago and reupped for the Unity upgrade.
The subscription option is relatively new.
The cheapest long term way to do things is buy an unlimited license for your group GM. No one else buys anything. You can for the most part get away without buying anything more.

However rulesets generally speed up character and encounter building.

The model is not have GMs buy unlimited licenses and charge players.

That isn't to say it isn't done. Some GM's charge to play. That's more of an overall trend in the industry than something FG specific.

We are in negotiation with a client about some collaboration tools and their lawyer has gone over the EULA with a fine tooth comb. I suspect that there is some kind of restrictive text in the FG license that forbids creating a ‘service bureau‘ or similar.

It won’t be worth their time to chase people doing this small-scale but they could decide to make an example of any high-profile abusers of the license.

That isn't to say it isn't done. Some GM's charge to play. That's more of an overall trend in the industry than something FG specific.
That's a good thing, actually. I've been thinking lately that professionalizing GMing is a logical next step to actually make RPGs more popular and mainstream...though many people might dislike the idea.
Actually, I might even be one of those, or not. Depends on how they set it up:shade:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back