Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
If I recall, TNE also had a big setting change. The Imperium had broken up into a multi-sided civil war. TNE ended that war with a computer virus that took over most ships and started a relative dark age, with little travel. Characters start with contact with other worlds just being re-established. If you didn't like the setting change then most of the TNE books weren't worth buying.

MegaTraveller was my jam back in the day. I have fewer fond feelings for TNE; there were both setting and system things I thought were a step down for me from MegaTraveller.

Knightfall is a nifty little campaign, though I always thought it was odd they used what looks like cover art from Hammers Slammers.

I never did get the Diaspora Sector or Arrival Vengeance books in first run. I may have to nab it!

I have no memory of Megatraveller. TNE was very similar to the late GDW games, Dark Conspiracy, Twilight 2000 2.2 etc. I remember 2300 which was really kind of its own thing with only vague similarities to other GDW games. But MT drawing a total blank.

CD-ROMs are still a better deal I think.
I tried to puzzle out the contents of the FFE CD based on the image at the site, then I gave up and resorted to RPGGeek. It looks like the two options overlap. The bundle has MT Journal 3-4 that aren’t listed for the CD. The CD has Fighting Ships of the Shattered Imperium and these bonus items:

• Players’ Guide to MEGATRAVELLER
  • MegaTraveller1 The Zhodani Conspiracy computer game manual
  • MegaTraveller2 Secret of the Ancients computer game manual
  • MegaTraveller3 unpublished computer game draft manual
  • Imperial Lines (Issue 1) and Imperial Lines (Issue 2)
  • Poster map of the Spinward Marches
Neither of them seems to have everything for MT that’s listed at RPGGeek, for example the worldbuilder’s handbook; vehicles; robots. And some of the lesser items in each, like the newsletters, may not be available (legally) any place else including DTRPG.

CD is $35; the whole bundle is about $22 as I write this. However Fighting ships alone is $10 at dtrpg. So it’s pretty much a wash, with some charity benefit through the bundle.

EDIT: On further review I think the MT Journal is a better deal than Imperial Lines. At least the amount of content is high and it’s all devoted to MT.

Last edited:
I tried to puzzle out the contents of the FFE CD based on the image at the site, then I gave up and resorted to RPGGeek. It looks like the two options overlap. The bundle has MT Journal 3-4 that aren’t listed for the CD. The CD has Fighting Ships of the Shattered Imperium and these bonus items:

Neither of them seems to have everything for MT that’s listed at RPGGeek, for example the worldbuilder’s handbook; vehicles; robots. And some of the lesser items in each, like the newsletters, may not be available (legally) any place else including DTRPG.

CD is $35; the whole bundle is about $22 as I write this. However Fighting ships alone is $10 at dtrpg. So it’s pretty much a wash, with some charity benefit through the bundle.

EDIT: On further review I think the MT Journal is a better deal than Imperial Lines. At least the amount of content is high and it’s all devoted to MT.
Ah, the journal might tip it. The World Builder's Handbook (and other titles) isn't available because of licensing issues. The CD also has Robots.

But it does look like this bundle is closer to the CD than some of the other Traveller bundles have been.

Player's guide to Megatraveller seems to be in the Drivethru offer if it makes a difference. I just checked, it's called MegaTraveller - official guide:smile:.
Also I have downloaded Imperial Lines from my Wizard Cabinet.
But I'll admit that what got me to buy it was the shipping times:wink:.

I can’t verify that robots is on the CD but it’s $2 at DTRPG.

If any Pubbers know crafters who knit, sew, quilt, cosplay, or otherwise make things with yarn or thread, tell them about Pattern Chest, the Bundle of Holding's new companion site that presents downloadable .PDF patterns for knitters, sewists, quilters, cosplayers, and fiber-arts crafters of every kind. The debut Pattern Chest offer, the Spring Knits Bundle, has colorful seasonal patterns for every skill level from beginner to experienced: scarves, skirts, socks, handbags, shawls, and more.

Even if you don't knit, it would help if you visit the site and let me know if anything looks weird or broken.

https://patternchest.com/presents/SpringKnits

My wife sews dice bags. Just dice bags. She learned how to make them to hand-sew me a bag one birthday and finds working to that one pattern to be meditative.

I have hundreds of dice bags. Anyone need one?

That because those items from Digest Group and Marc Miller still has issues trying to get the rights to include them in his collections.

The MegaTraveller Journel 3 & 4 were recently cleared hence why they are not on the CD (yet).

All of the Digest Group material is exceedingly good.

If any Pubbers know crafters who knit, sew, quilt, cosplay, or otherwise make things with yarn or thread, tell them about Pattern Chest, the Bundle of Holding's new companion site that presents downloadable .PDF patterns for knitters, sewists, quilters, cosplayers, and fiber-arts crafters of every kind. The debut Pattern Chest offer, the Spring Knits Bundle, has colorful seasonal patterns for every skill level from beginner to experienced: scarves, skirts, socks, handbags, shawls, and more.

Even if you don't knit, it would help if you visit the site and let me know if anything looks weird or broken.

I just the sent the link to a friend of mine. Don't know if she's in a financial place to take advantage of it though.

I know a lot of LARPers who make their own costumes so I'll definitely share this on FB.

Megatraveller had some terrible issues with its editing - there are something like 70 pages of errata sitting around in the interwebs. I used it in a mix with CT for a bit. The character generation covers more or less all the CT Book 1 and Supplement 4 careers with a unified skill set, although it's more bloated and detailed than CT. What I did a bit was to use MT character generation with CT and a slightly trimmed skill list. It made characters that were closer to the effects of the advanced character generation systems through an extra skill per term.

I never bothered with the rebellion setting or the virus, though. The virus itself was pretty naff and geopolitics don't matter all that much at the level of a bunch of yobs in a free trader. The Imperium works fine as a sort of tenuous thing that sits in the background and doesn't really do much at the level where it matters to a typical party. Most of the background fluff from the OTU (particularly the later material) is more by wargamers for wargamers than anything that's much use to a DM running a mid-life-crisis-in-space.

MT works fine once you go through the errata and make sense of it. Arguably it's the best version of Traveller that GDW did, at least in theory, although the rebellion setting didn't do a lot for me.

Last edited:
Several cool Bundles up right now, one for Cthulhu Confidential, a cool duet version of Trail of Cthulhu; a Bundle of PbtA games, including the excellent The Sword, Crown and Unspeakable Power (built for GoT political play), The Veil (Cyberpunk) and The Warren (Watership Down-inspired rabbits!); plus Star Trek Adventures!

Comrades may seem like a silly adolescent treatment of the subject from the presentation but I heard an interview with the designer and his take is actually more sophisticated and historically complex than it may look.

Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok is the new one. It's a pretty neat game. Gorgeous books.

That’s pretty cool, Allen. You should look into doing something similar with 3D printing patterns, if you haven’t already.

There are these two offers for The Dark Eye on Bundle of Holding. I've got the core rules already, so it's about the supplements...:thumbsup:

Does anyone know more about them? Namely, are the supplements based on actual historical information, and how closely do they stick to it:shade:?

If someone put a gun to your head and said pick one of those two bundles which would you pick?

The OSR bundle this time just seems sort of unfocused—mechanical commonality but setting/theme is a bit scattered.

If someone put a gun to your head and said pick one of those two bundles which would you pick?
Falsh Gordon would be no contest even without the intimidation attempt:tongue:!

The OSR bundle this time just seems sort of unfocused—mechanical commonality but setting/theme is a bit scattered.
Well, the OSR is meant to be "DIY D&D", not "keep to a theme D&D":grin:!

I note it says Old School not OSR. I prefer that myself, less restrictive.

Last edited:
Really want to get this but trying to save money right now...damn you Allen Varney Allen Varney!
Well, I just got the starter set, too, which might be enough for you as well?
If I ever need more than that, I'd consider buying from Drivethru...but since it looks more like something I'd pilfer for other campaigns, it's not a priority.

Well, I just got the starter set, too, which might be enough for you as well?
If I ever need more than that, I'd consider buying from Drivethru...but since it looks more like something I'd pilfer for other campaigns, it's not a priority.

Yeah I'll do that I think. That way my significant other won't make me sleep on the couch.

I note is says Old School not OSR. I prefer that myself, less restrictive.
Not sure if all are D&D-based; in any case this is one of those rare bundles where I think I’ll just put the items of interest into my DTRPG want list.

Does anyone have any familiarity with the Class Compendium or Golgotha?
Class Compendium is a fun product. It's for Labyrinth Lord, which means it is basically designed for B/X, but it runs from levels 1 to 20 for the human classes. It is still useful for straight B/X or OSE. The demihuman classes still top out around 12, and the human classes mostly have all of their special abilities around that same level. As the levels beyond B/X are mostly just "more bonuses and HP" it's not hard to remove them.

Here is the table of contents to give you an idea of what's inside.
1595425597915.png

Really want to get this but trying to save money right now...damn you Allen Varney Allen Varney!

Last year BoH got a lot of my money. for awhile there it seemed like at least every month there was something I was interested in, some months multiple bundles. This year has been a little easier, I think Flash Gordon is only my second bundle this year.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back