Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

CRKrueger

Eläytyminatör
Reaction score
I always take it as a kind favor when posts that mention Bundle of Holding offers link to the offer: Tribe 8 Bundle

I thought I got all the metaplot adventures. Which ones did I miss?
Children of Prophecy Cycle is…
  • Enemy of my Enemy (in Weaver’s Screen)
  • Children of Lilith
  • Trial by Fire
Conquest Cycle is…
  • Warrior Unbound
  • Broken Pact
  • Vimary Burns
  • Revanche
  • Liberation
So the Bold/Italicized are ones you missed. Looks like 4 of them.

From what I understand, the Word Books are interstitial releases and non-metaplot.

Allen Varney

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Children of Prophecy Cycle is…
  • Enemy of my Enemy (in Weaver’s Screen)
  • Children of Lilith
  • Trial by Fire
Conquest Cycle is…
  • Warrior Unbound
  • Broken Pact
  • Vimary Burns
  • Revanche
  • Liberation
So the Bold/Italicized are ones you missed. Looks like 4 of them.

From what I understand, the Word Books are interstitial releases and non-metaplot.
Thanks. The Weaver's Screen is included in the core rulebook's slot in the offer. I'll see about getting the other three books from Dream Pod 9, but I won't promise anything.

CRKrueger

Eläytyminatör
Reaction score
Thanks. The Weaver's Screen is included in the core rulebook's slot in the offer. I'll see about getting the other three books from Dream Pod 9, but I won't promise anything.
Take those three, add in Book of Legends, Harvest of Thorns, Silhouette Core, 2nd Edition Player’s Handbook and Capay Book of Days (Start of the 2nd Edition Cycle) and make a second Tribe 8 Bundle.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
Why is Tribe 8 so good? I hear it getting praise but I've never really dug into it.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Why is Tribe 8 so good? I hear it getting praise but I've never really dug into it.

Simply, combination of excellent system with a very unique setting & mood

To quote myself:

"The setting is a fascinatingly unique blend of post-Catholic Myth, Neolithic Tribal societies, and Clive Barker-esque horror. I'd say that it manages to hit some strange equilibrium between The Dark Crystal and Mad Max.

And I really likes the Silhouette system - it's simple, streamlined, and very easy on GMs & players, so it quickly "fades into the background", while remaining robust enough to provide straightforward resolution. It's in my top ten favourite RPG systems, many of which I consider almost on par with MSH(FASERIP) and would probably use instead if that didn't exist (Savage Worlds and D6 being other examples).

Along those lines, the magic system hits a really sweet balance between a playable system, but still loose/interpretive enough to still "feel magical" (if that makes sense). It at once reinforces the setting's themes and provides a means for players to express their character's unique outlook.

The initial set-up is really straightforward and understandable while at the same time providing new players with an instant understanding of their place in the world and their background as tied to the setting. Each player belonged to a tribe that was directly ruled by the physical manifestation of one of their Gods - "Fatimas", and as such grew up focusing on those traits that embody that Fatima, but at some point were cast out for going against the grain in some way, or displeasing their god. In the case of Agnes, the child, this could be as simple as losing (or winning) a game of hide and seek or tag that upset her in some way. So the players are often from very unique backgrounds, but all share a common "origin event" that binds them together and gives them a common goal/struggle.

And the Z'Bri are fantastic villains, disturbing monstrosities that are the exact opposites of the Fatimas in some ways, and their mirrors in others (there's a good reason for this).

Also, the game ostensibly takes place in post-apocalypse Canada, which as a Canuck is pretty cool, but it's also easy as pie to relocate to any other place in the world (such as the gaming group's hometown or nearby area)
."

We had a "sell-me"- type thread on it a while back: https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/tribe-8-who-has-run-played-it-give-us-your-secrets.3735/

Spellslinging Sellsword

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I always take it as a kind favor when posts that mention Bundle of Holding offers link to the offer: Tribe 8 Bundle
It seems unlikely that a poster would come to a 1,000+ post thread dedicated solely to Bundle of Holding and not be able to find your site. I mean I guess there are people that stupid in the world, but....

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
It seems unlikely that a poster would come to a 1,000+ post thread dedicated solely to Bundle of Holding and not be able to find your site. I mean I guess there are people that stupid in the world, but....

I've seen the stats for email campaigns for donations for work reasons, believe me you always want to make it REAL easy for people to give you their money.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Forgot you were a fan too. Mea Culpa.
More like a future, but really likely fan (I'd expressed interest in reading and potentially, running it).
Either way, I am getting my start in Tribes8 with this Bundle...and yes, advice is welcome:thumbsup:.

Last edited:

Black Leaf

This Film's Crap. Let's Slash the Seats.
Reaction score
Coming on Wednesday, Liminal is another one in the "so good I own most of it already" series. If you want British low key supernatural fantasy it's well worth grabbing.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com