Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Seems cool, I'm going to think on it. I see Graeme Davis is a writer for some of it.

Well, I was just about to pick up the DG bundle, but decided to go for the Colonial Gothic one instead. I've picked up a few of the minor books over the years (I'm especially fond of their take on the Templars), but there was still too much in this bundle to pass up.

The Colonial Gothic bundle is tempting. I didn't know they were up to a third edition. I have a few books I picked up in 2011.

If it had Ars Magica 2 in the Bundle I would go for it. It may get added so I’ll keep an eye on it.

Sorry, these two offers are only presenting the Ars Magica Fifth Edition line from Atlas Games.

That's okay. I find 5e a bit too complex for my tastes but the supplements look good so I may go for those.

Tell me of this because I like Gamma World.
Me as well please. I have Gamma World, Aftermath and Mutant Future. Is there anything about this that means I need it as well?

Me as well please. I have Gamma World, Aftermath and Mutant Future. Is there anything about this that means I need it as well?

Charlie D Charlie D talks about it here and here. I've got Genlab Alpha and it looks like a blast, I want to run it bad.

The build and settlement component is the most unique and inspired design of the core game I think.

This is a great Bundle, got it instantly since GA impressed me so much. Fingers crossed they add the Robot supplement.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed they add the Robot supplement.
Sorry, the Mechatron - Rise of the Robots supplement for Mutant: Year Zero isn't yet published and won't be part of this Bundle of Holding offer.

Sorry, the Mechatron - Rise of the Robots supplement for Mutant: Year Zero isn't yet published and won't be part of this Bundle of Holding offer.

Cool, thanks Allen Varney Allen Varney really appreciate you keeping an eye on the thread!

PS. Love your work for Paranoia and Dark Sun.

The latest Bundle of Holding is OneDice and I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about it. Is it a good system? It seems to cover several genre that hold interest for me.

The latest Bundle of Holding is OneDice and I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about it. Is it a good system? It seems to cover several genre that hold interest for me.
It's a very straight-forward, traditional, rules-light(ish) system. The quickstart is PWYW (which could be nuthin' ... ) if you're curious enough to check it out. I haven't played it myself, but it seems sound enough.

Latest bundle of holding is GDWs 2300AD. Am I getting it and if so why?

Also interested in learning more. The rulebook cover is iconic and very 80s but I never played it. The star map sounds cool and the mechanics, at least as briefly summarized, don't sound overcomplicated or fiddly.

Last edited:
Definitely looks cool, but even with bundle prices I can only see things through a lens of "Would I ever really get a chance to play this?" Many of the bundles as of late, save for Deathwatch, seem like they'd be tough to find, or run, a game for, even online.

Definitely looks cool, but even with bundle prices I can only see things through a lens of "Would I ever really get a chance to play this?" Many of the bundles as of late, save for Deathwatch, seem like they'd be tough to find, or run, a game for, even online.
Never had a problem finding players for any of the games I've bought from Bundle of Holding. And if a GM is willing to teach the rules, I doubt you can remain without players if you offer to run a game online (say, on Myth-Weavers).

I liked the lore of 2300. Its universe is technically a continuation of Twilight 2000. Unlike most SF visions, Earth never became one world Government - there are a few space capable nations, each mainly exploring a different area. Aliens have been discovered. The aliens are well thought out and a generally quite removed form Trek's people with putty on their face. Traveller aliens had some coolneess but I think these are better.

I found the rules a bit too finicky. Have you played Twilight 2000? Kinda like that. This was GDW's era of high crunch but not always well playtested. There is a companion space combat game which is fun but I was able to easily build a custom ship that could easily outclass any ship in it's price range.

FTL is via stutterwarp - the ship gets pushed through a wormhole so instantly travels a mile or so, doing this multiple times a second. Speeds are like a parsec/day and it is inertia-less.

The game can have different feels depending on location. The frontier is kinda like most Traveller; sparsely populated with mysteries going on. Earth is overpopulated and has a cyberpunk feel.

At the time, I had very little rpg money so bought only a few things of the line so can't comment on most things. It's pretty cool but I'm not going to get it as I already have the core books and I'd probably never play.

There is a Mongoose version that takes the lore but uses Mongoose Traveller for the rules. I haven't tried it but it's tempting.

I had 2300 back in the day, but I only played it a little. The rules were a little clunky. The setting was interesting on the whole though. It was a more serious attempt at science-fiction than you usually see in RPGs. It is certainly worth mining for ideas for any game looking for that tone. It's been a long time since I read it though, so I can't remember much detail.

The setting seemed to undergo a mild retcon in places near the end. After the Cyberpunk RPG came out, 2300 attempted to get into the trend with the Cybertech/Earth Sourcebook.

Is this the Traveller edition where France is a world/space power in the year 2300? I remember it had a really cool map of the nearest stars to earth.
I don't know. I was hoping people here could tell me.

Is this the Traveller edition where France is a world/space power in the year 2300? I remember it had a really cool map of the nearest stars to earth.
Yep, the original edition was Traveller 2300.
traveller2300.jpg

The 2nd edition was called 2300AD.
2300ad.jpg

Yes. Unless there's another one, too.

They mention the star map in the write-up.

Yes. It was a continuation of the history in Twilight: 2000. In that game, one of the triggers that set off WW III was East Germany defecting from the Warsaw Pact and reunifying with West Germany. France was not keen on the idea of Germany getting back together, so they dropped out of NATO in protest just before the war started. While you can only sit out a limited nuclear war so much, they were still left in a lot better shape than the rest of the world, allowing them to take the lead.

Just to clarify, it has no real connection to Traveller. There was some blowback from people that felt deceived by the title, which is why it was just 2300 AD in the next edition.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back