Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Oh, Bunch Bunch called it.

The new Savage Heroes bundle has all four of the soon-to-be-discontinued Savage World of Solomon Kane books. Frankly, I'm kind of torn - I already own the corebook, but the price to get the supplements is more than just buying them on DriveThru would be (even without taking Christmas in July into effect). On the other hand, since they are going away, it might be nice to have them backed up in multiple places . . .

Anyone have good things to say about Fear Agent, The Goon, or The Sixth Gun?

Fear Agent is very evocative, I thought. I love the idea of The Goon, but feel like I need to read the comics to grasp it fully. Sixth Gun is great if you want something weird west for Savage Worlds, but don’t like Deadlands.

I'm not actually opposed to the 2d20 system...but I made Conan characters and, as much as I love the Lifepath system (or lifepath systems in general), I'm not completely sure what's actually going on statistically with the characters, and that's not good.

Wait...so the first edition is in the $1 level, but the Second Edition is in the $15 level?
The Second Edition Core Rulebook is at the $18 level this morning. Do the tiers change with time?

Those are some good deals for sure. I almost wish I didn’t get everything as soon as it’s released. :devil:
the burden. it's real.

there have been a few times that I've gotten it before it was announced via automated means. One time I happened to see it on DTRPG and had it before Loz actually got the announcement out.

Raleel looked out over the deck of the 14th luxury yacht he'd bought with his Mythras sales money, when suddenly the thought struck him. "Was every Mythras supplement necessarily perfect?" Sure those so far had been, but he'd recently considered giving "Coddefut's Stipule" only 9/10. In the end he'd realised his mistake sure, but the thought alone was heretical. He decided it was time he got Loz to check his programming.

I have the first bundle from a while back. Is the new bundle worth it?

How is Classic Fantasy? I'm interested in seeing what it's like compared to Mythras.

I have the first bundle from a while back. Is the new bundle worth it?

The Worlds has 3 big draws - the Thennla (Shores/Taskan) stuff, Mythic Constantinople, and After the Vampire Wars. I can't speak a lot about Shores/Taskan, as I've not spent a lot of time with them. They appear to be pretty good.

Mythic Constantinople is quite detailed and extensive. A pseudo mythical version of it, with some non human races and a very clever code system for linking together various organizations and people. It has a lot on Christianity and Islam, and has some neat takes on Sufis and Dervishes that I'm quite fond of, as well as some other semi-magical organizations.

After the Vampire Wars is very good. I am using it as a base for my cyberpunk stuff. a setting where there was an all out war with the vampires that almost went nuclear, then negotiations, and now magical creatures live in the open, but there is an effect around the world that hides them a bit. Sort of world of darkness-y. It has a point system for creating comparable characters across vampires, werewolves, humans, sorcerers, half-fae, and so on. It also presents 3 levels of play so that you can play low/middle/high power and they get different environmental benefits (casting faster, faster magic regen, power availability, etc).

A hidden gem here is the Fenix Papers, which is a mess of articles from Fenix, many written by Pete Nash. All sorts of little tweaks to add to your game. Sort of like having Dragon magazine for your Mythras.

How is Classic Fantasy? I'm interested in seeing what it's like compared to Mythras.

Classic Fantasy is good. I've run a couple of campaigns of it, and am playing in one. It is very 2e-D&D-but-done-as-Mythras. That having been said, it's not without it's nuances and quirks that are being worked on (I'm in the playtest group). The Expert Set is a fair bit of errata, but also includes a lot of new content (higher power spells, a "mind slayer", psionics). For most of the content it works well. If you have the RQ6 full core book with the movement rules in the back, it uses those rules, though more fully explained (there is a small part where it is confusing and could be interpreted differently, but apparently it'll be fixed here soon).

Essentially, if you want your fighting men to act like Mythras warriors, you want this. It's definitely higher power than core mythras - armor is literally 1/10th the price due to monetary changes, every fighting man type gets extra defensive actions, the spells are generally quite powerful for how fast they are cast, and are pretty cheap. healing is relatively plentiful, etc. D&D power level, Mythras hit locations and special effects and skill lists.

The Worlds has 3 big draws - the Thennla (Shores/Taskan) stuff, Mythic Constantinople, and After the Vampire Wars. I can't speak a lot about Shores/Taskan, as I've not spent a lot of time with them. They appear to be pretty good.
I've only run a couple of sessions with the Thennla (Shores/Korantia) setting, but it looks good on paper. It definitely feels designed from the ground up to be played with RQ/Mythras. It's easily worth picking up at the price.

Of course I've got the Worlds already.
What do the wargamers here think of the ongoing wargames bundle?

I own just about all of those books. That's a good bundle. I'll point out that the Points of Light books are done by RPG Pub regular robertsconley robertsconley .

Thanks for the shout out.

If folks want to see what they are going to get with either you can grab a copy of Blackmarsh for free from DriveThruRPG or my website. If you like print it pretty inexpensive on DriveThruRPG @ $4.99.

Points of Light
This has four lands, Wildland, Southland, Borderlands, and the Swamps of Acheron. Wildland takes place after the fall of the Bright Empire and feature a landscape where civilization is rebuilding. Southland is in a later time period and lies on the frontier of an expanding Grand Kingdom. Borderland is set during the civil war that tore the Bright Empire apart. Swamps of Acheron is a planar setting and the home of the dark god of Order and Tyranny, Sarrath.

The north edge of Southland joins along the south edge of Blackmarsh and both are in the same time period

Points of Light 2: The Sunrise Sea
Again three lands and one planar setting. This time the theme is exploration of the new world and they are set in the time period of the expansion of the Grand Kingdom and its rival the Ochre Empire.

The Golden Shores: A land in the midst of being colonized, where adventurers can encounter unknown cultures, old enemies, and battle a darkness that has haunted the land for millennia.

Amacui: A frontier land with only a single trading post representing the civilized world, but there are many ruins to explore and new civilizations to discover.

The Misty Isles: The greatest threat to exploration is not the natives or ‘things man is not meant to know,’ but enemies from the old world. Here in the Misty Isles, enemies from different realms and factions fight amid the jungles and islands.

Mazatl: the Realm of the Bat God: Rising from the vast Jungles of Zaracar is a massive shield volcano. Here the blood god, Azartac, lives in the city of Mazatl in the volcano’s caldera.

What it all about
The series was written to popularize the hexcrawl formatted setting and as a more affordable version of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy boxed set. Figuring if people liked Points of Light they would like the Wilderlands. Blackmarsh is formatted the same way with a short background, a paragraph or two on each important piece of geographic, and followed by a list of locale indexed by hex number.

The format allow me to pack a lot more local level detail into a compact format compared to the more verbose travelogue format used by most RPG settings.

Legacy 2E is up in a Bundle!!

I’ve heard very good things about the range of options and tweaks to the system in this edition. The Generation Starship supplement in particular appeals to me.

Doubt I’ll be able to resist this one.
If you were wanting a hardcopy of the book, I was a KS backer and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not super into PBTA style games, so I'm gonna get rid of mine.

If you were wanting a hardcopy of the book, I was a KS backer and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not super into PBTA style games, so I'm gonna get rid of mine.

Thanks a lot for the offer but I don’t have much room for too many more hardcopies, I usually get the pdf to check it out and then if I really like the game snag a hardcopy later.

Thanks a lot for the offer but I don’t have much room for too many more hardcopies, I usually get the pdf to check it out and then if I really like the game snag a hardcopy later.
Cool cool

New Bundle of Holding is up.

This one is directly benefiting Jonathan Thompson, of Battlefield Press, who came home from GenCon to find that not only had his home office caught fire and his cat killed, but sentimental items were looted from his home...and the fire investigation just revealed that it was set intentionally.

So if you’re a Savage Worlds fan, or just a kind heart, take a look.

Last edited:
Two Trail of Cthulhu bundles up this week for GUMSHOE enthusiasts or experimenters. The first is, I think, a repost of the previous corebook-and-adventures bundle, while Cities of Cthulhu has different, newer supplements (including a nice selection of Ken Writes About Stuff material).

Two Trail of Cthulhu bundles up this week for GUMSHOE enthusiasts or experimenters. The first is, I think, a repost of the previous corebook-and-adventures bundle, while Cities of Cthulhu has different, newer supplements (including a nice selection of Ken Writes About Stuff material).

I got the Ken Writes About Stuff because of a previous Gumshoe/ToC purchase and then saw that Dreamhounds of Paris, which I've long wanted but could never find for a reasonable price is in the Cities of Cthulhu bundle!

I got the Ken Writes About Stuff because of a previous Gumshoe/ToC purchase and then saw that Dreamhounds of Paris, which I've long wanted but could never find for a reasonable price is in the Cities of Cthulhu bundle!
Dreamhounds of Paris is good. The only catch is that its a case where you want players as interested and knowledgeable about the surrealist art scene as the GM. Fortunately, ToC can work with a small group, which lowers the bar of difficulty a little. There was a whole series of segments on the KARTAS podcast around the time it came out where Robin and Ken talk about the major figures of the scene. I went to their website to link them, but while they have two later episodes tagged "Dreamhounds of Paris", it looks like the didn't tag any of the actual episodes where they were plugging the game. I leave you to hunt for them on your own.

New Bundle of Holding is for Wiggy Wade-Williams, who is ridiculously prolific while writing for both Savage Worlds and Ubiquity. He's suffered three strokes this year and has currently lost the ability to type. He once called me one of the three reviewers he trusts. The bundle is for his Necropolis 2350 sci-fi/horror setting for Savage Worlds.

Last edited:
New Bundle of Holding is for Wiggy Wade-Williams, who is ridiculously prolific while writing for both Savage Worlds and Ubiquity. He's suffered three strokes this year and has currently lost the ability to type. He once called me one of the three reviewers he trusts. The bundle is for his Necropolis 2350 sci-fi/horror setting for Savage Worlds.
I have never been disappointed by Wiggy's work, and his Savage Worlds projects really helped me get a handle on doing what I wanted with Savage Worlds. I think I already have all the stuff in this bundle, but I'm buying it again just to support him. It's a tragedy for someone so full of creative energy to be deprived of their ability to keep working.

Shit, hope he recovers.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back