Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
stupid ass bundle of holding MADE me just buy both traveller bundles, and I bought the blades one earlier. How DARE they offer lots of products for cheap AND make me give too charity. HOW DARE THEY!

Got the Traveller basics Bundle and scooped the Blades Bundle as well, already have BitD in hardcopy but really enjoying Scum and Villany with Nobby-W Nobby-W GMing and Band of Blades looks promising too.

stupid ass bundle of holding MADE me just buy both traveller bundles, and I bought the blades one earlier. How DARE they offer lots of products for cheap AND make me give too charity. HOW DARE THEY!

I've been lucky that the ones lately haven't been anything I was super interested in, but otherwise, maaaan do I feel you...

I love John Carter, only read Princess of Mars fairly recently and think the Brad Bird film is underrated, so I couldn't resist the John Carter bundle. Also interested in digging into the streamlined version of the ruleset.

I liked the film, I've only read Princess of Mars so I'm guessing the film either just made up stuff or tried to cram in stuff from multiple books, but I still found it enjoyable.

Something that I didn't feel they captured from the book, was John Carter is a success for just not being a dick, as much as for his super human abilities on low gravity Mars. It comes out repeatedly that he wins over "man and beast" through being kind and loyal to others, and coming down like a ton of bricks on those who wont respect that. A lot of TR's speak softly but carry a big stick. I would have thought that message would have resonated fairly well in todays society so surprised they didn't play it up.

This looks interesting - a DCC/MCC module of an animatronic Old West town.

Of particular interest is the publisher offering discounted copies of their other books as add-ons.

I know little about Chivalry and Sorcery (never even heard of it) but that looks beautiful. Now to buy the C&S 5E core!

I know little about Chivalry and Sorcery (never even heard of it) but that looks beautiful. Now to buy the C&S 5E core!

I don't know anything about it's current iteration, but I know a bit about it's history. It was one of the very earliest fantasy RPG challengers to D&D, whose claim to fame was that it was a much more "historically accurate" game, insofar as it made a genuine attempt to model an actual medieval culture, albiet with the addition of magic/magical creatures. It was known for it's complexity (even judged against AD&D) It was also, incidentally, the first RPG to use the term "Game Master".

Both of the illustrators, incidentally, are online friends of mine. L. Lake got into painting minis/Oldhammer around the same time as me, and we've traded minis back and forth a few times.

Isn't Land of the Rising Sun the rpg by Lee Gold? I think that was based off of C&S. I'll have to check.

Isn't Land of the Rising Sun the rpg by Lee Gold? I think that was based off of C&S. I'll have to check.

Yeah, Lee Gold is the writer with some Japanese consultants

Can’t be. There weren’t any women in Roleplaying until WotC.
I hope you're joking...

I'm not sure I can afford it, and I'm not sure how I feel about C&S 5e but this is really exciting to see a new edition of this. I really wish I had bough LotRS back in the day. I still the C&S 1e book that was the 2nd or 3rd RPG we had. It originally was a Christmas (1977) present for my friend (his mom showed it to me asking if I thought it was a good choice for him). I ended up using the book (and abusing it by breaking the spine to photocopy bits, until I eventually bought it off him). Someday I would like to give C&S another spin. Maybe I should pick up this and 5e to see how I like it (and at least get some money to Lee Gold so if I decide I'd rather stick with 1e, I won't feel so bad about a borrowed copy of LotRS 1e....).

I hope you're joking...

He is. He's making a sarcastic reference to certain groups new to RPGs who have adopted a revisionist form of history where the only ones who played any RPGs before Critical Role started their Youtube channel were straight white males. It's borderline touching on exactly the sort of politics we like to avoid at the Pub

He is. He's making a sarcastic reference to certain groups new to RPGs who have adopted a revisionist form of history where the only ones who played any RPGs before Critical Role started their Youtube channel were straight white males. It's borderline touching on exactly the sort of politics we like to avoid at the Pub
Or alternatly refering to Gary Gygax's first call to Lee Gold where I believe his first words to her were "Your a girl/woman!?!"

Or alternatly refering to Gary Gygax's first call to Lee Gold where I believe his first words to her were "Your a girl/woman!?!"
I’ll admit, when I first heard Lee Gold, I thought along the lines of Lee Majors, not Lee Meriwether. :hehe:

She also did GURPS: Japan and the Pirates and Vikings books for Rolemaster, which makes her a badass before you count 45 years of A&E.

Well, if you're going to get the starter level, the The Bitter Reach turns it into a whole different game in my opinion- in a good way. It for all intents and purposes takes everything good about the first one, puts you in a different environment, and makes enough tweaks to make everything seem new. And the difference of $12 is cheap just for that expansion.

robertsconley robertsconley few questions for you if you didn't mind. Backed your KS and just redeemed the codes for print- got the Blackmarsh as well. What other supplements do you have that tie into Blackmarsh? Is it all the Wilderlands stuff? Wasn't sure on that. Also, what else do you have in the pipe for the game/world? Thanks!

Sorry for the belated answer. Currently the other supplement that ties into Blackmarsh is the first Point of Light by Goodman games. Southland in PoL I is directly to the south of Blackmarsh.

Next up on my agenda is the Wild North which is a larger map to the north of Blackmarsh. So by late spring or summer there will be an expansion of Blackmarsh out. I am currently planning another kickstarter to fund the art as the setting has a heavy early Slavic theme so I need a few specific pieces of art. Then after that highly likely the next book in the Majestic Fantasy RPG series the Lost Grimoire of Magic. Which will includes the Magic User classes, all the spells I have used (1st to 9th). Commentary on incorporating magic users into the campaign. As well as support for things involving magic users like establishing a conclave or a sanctum as well as other various useful aides like a memorized spell generator and a spell book generator.

I am also working on a master map of the Majestic Fantasy Realms which has all the current and unpublished maps placed on it. Like what I did for the Wilderlands it will be a single full scale maps that I crop the individual maps out of. I will probably target the 18" by 12" size that DriveThruRPG has for posters. Although the Wild North will be 22" by 17" because I first created it as Wilderlands Map 19 in Fight On #3.

Got my book and read it there today. Very happy with having backed this.
Appreciate the compliment and glad you find it useful and fun to read.

My copy just shipped
Yay! My big batch order of 10 hardbacks hasn't shipped yet. But all the single order comp copies have been shipped.
Just got my copy of Blackmarsh!
Hang on to it that version will soon be a collector's item :wink:. Lightning Source the PoD printer for DriveThruRPG is not doing saddle stitch books as of early March. So I will be replacing the printed version with one or more of the print options. Likely digest sized both softcover and hardcover. Still be priced a little above cost.

Fallen Knight dropped on Kickstarter today

I've been following this one in development for a while now on Social media just based on the miniature prototypes

51cm9PklT3L._AC_.jpg

It looks to be heavily influenced by both Kingdom Death: Monster and Dark Souls, to the point the description made me think "Kingdom Death lite" if you driopped the settlement aspect of play and refocused it as a dungeoncrawl. Still looks very interesting, from both an aesthetic and design standpoint.

I do want to do a bit more research before backing, myself, however, as I haven't yet got a sense of how reliable the team behind this one is. But the price is definitely right (and I may grab the earlybird just in case, I can always back out later).

Fallen Knight dropped on Kickstarter today

I've been following this one in development for a while now on Social media just based on the miniature prototypes

View attachment 25861

It looks to be heavily influenced by both Kingdom Death: Monster and Dark Souls, to the point the description made me think "Kingdom Death lite" if you driopped the settlement aspect of play and refocused it as a dungeoncrawl. Still looks very interesting, from both an aesthetic and design standpoint.

I do want to do a bit more research before backing, myself, however, as I haven't yet got a sense of how reliable the tea behind this one is. But the price is definitely right (and I may grab the earlybird just in case, I can always back out later).

Necrozius Necrozius - this might be up your alley in particular

Aaaand it's cancelled.

Aaaand it's cancelled.

Welp...guess my trepidation was justified. Mongolian company, no history in Kickstarter or any other business fulfillment. Curious why it was cancelled - I guess because they did't reach funding goal on the first day, will have to look into it

A new charity bundle is currently up on DriveThru that includes, among other things, several C&S books, a couple of Troika products, and Gardens of Ynn by Emmy Allen, which anyone running anything vaguely D&D-ish should own.

A new charity bundle is currently up on DriveThru that includes, among other things, several C&S books, a couple of Troika products, and Gardens of Ynn by Emmy Allen, which anyone running anything vaguely D&D-ish should own.

Interesting, this week I need to decide if I go for the Land of the Rising Sun kick starter, if I do, I should use this bundle to get C&S 5e, I see at least a few other things of interest.

Fulfillment Process

Fulfillment didn't go quite as smoothly I thought it would. The main issue is that I mistakenly thought I could handle this with update posts targeted at different backer levels. Instead what I should have done, and discovered later, I is handled it with Kickstarter messages targeted at the different backer levels.

Everybody should have a Kickstarter message from me in there Kickstarter inbox with the codes for their reward level. Around forty haven't said one way or the other that they gotten their codes so I have just sent out an email to those individuals.

If you have answered the survey with no that you haven't gotten the codes from your update. Then look for that email or look in your Kickstarter inbox for the codes. In either case if you could let me know I would appreciate it so I can update the records indicating that you received the rewards.

Initial Reception
So far people seem to like the rules and the cards. I have seen two reviews so far and I did a interview about the Majestic Fantasy Basic Rules.

A Land Beyond Beyond Review

A Land Beyond Beyond Interview

Thanks to Jon Salway for writing both of these.

There Might Be Gazebos Review

Thanks to Chuck for writing this.

Blackmarsh News

I been notified that the printer for DriveThruRPG is discontinuing saddle stitched books as of March. Blackmarsh uses this format. I will be switching over to a different print format by the end of February once I gotten more details of the switchover process. Likely it will be a digest sized book of 24 pages in softcover and hardback. I may try using a card format as well. I will keep folks posted.

I also found that the price was incorrect it is $3.80 not $3.50. Printing cost change over time and apparently .30 cent was added to the cost since I first did the estimate for the Kickstarter.

Future Installments
I had Matteo M. on the discussion tab on the Majestic Fantasy RPG page at DriveThruRPG ask me this question.

Are we going to see the eXpert version of this game?

The "expert" version is going to be a series of supplements. I realize it will be a little different so there some risk it won't work out.

The next one up* is the Lost Grimoire of Magic while will have the complete details of the Magic User class, and Spells. along with some useful aids and procedures centered around magic users. There will be supplements covering Fighters, Rogues, Clerics, Monsters, NPCs (two volumes), Equipment, Treasure, and Magic Items. Finally a book around sandbox campaigns, refereeing, and various useful aids.
The point of doing it this way is that in my experience most people start out with a system and then kitbash stuff they like from other similar systems. I am aiming not only to write a quality RPG, but be a first or second choice when people kitbash their campaign. Hence breaking down it into supplements that work on their own.

*My next project will be getting the Wild North out and after that I will finish up the Lost Grimoire of Magic. Both will be Kickstarter project due to their art or editing requirements. The rules are finished and playtested, but the organization and supplemental material still remain to be written.

Appreciation
Once thank I thank everybody backing this project. Your generosity is appreciated. As always if you have any question or issue feel free to reach out.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back