Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Come on, man...that was obviously a joke comment. Why the hostility:sad:?

Yes, we d100 fans on this forum are many. Yes, of course we recommend our favourite games, even though we know not everyone likes d100. And yes, your eventual conversion to Mythras is a matter of time, if you ask us:devil:!

But fans of all kinds of games do the same, from d20 to whatever...sometimes even in threads where it's obviously not what the OP is looking for. So are you going to post a similar comment on the next OSR Bundle:thumbsup:?

More on topic, and with apologies to Allen Varney Allen Varney I need to visit the bank or the ATM, then of course I'm getting the Bundle:shade:!
I probably should have made that more clear that was a sarcastic comment on my part

I probably should have made that more clear that was a sarcastic comment on my part
Yeah, sorry, but I didn't get that:shade:. As my motto goes, "emoticons help":tongue::grin::thumbsup:!

Last edited:
I think there should be a one week ban if you use five emojis or more in one post.
Seems like something you could add to the text editor to limit rather than ban after the fact.

I think there should be a one week ban if you use five emojis or more in one post.
And TBP has a space on the moderator team, I've heard...:evil:

I've actually caught a temp ban for this on TBP.
Twice:shade:.
After the second, I didn't log in ever again, though. I'm sure they would have tripled down on it, though.

Remember that Allen Varney is notified for every response in this thread...

Regrettably, this is true, but this is also a forum with users who like to talk.

Regrettably, this is true, but this is also a forum with users who like to talk.
Yeah... I was thinking that if you go off on a tangent, maybe consider that for this thread so we show appreciation for the support he gives us here, and take it to some other thread? Especially if its of no substance for the thread.

Yeah... I was thinking that if you go off on a tangent, maybe consider that for this thread so we show appreciation for the support he gives us here, and take it to some other thread? Especially if its of no substance for the thread.
But it happened in this thread:smile:.
And, technically speaking, Allen Varney shall get notified about your posts as well:wink:.

This is a question about the Mythras Bundle, meant really for Loz Loz I guess. It provides 4 different file-versions for the Mythras Core rules, all of them .pdfs:
  • Mythras_Interactive
  • Mythras_Interactive_Revision_2
  • Mythras_3rd_Printing_Interactive_3
  • Mythras_3rd_Printing_031118
I'm guessing the first two are earlier versions of the rulebook, but I'm not clear on which of the last two is the most up-to-date.

This is a question about the Mythras Bundle, meant really for Loz Loz I guess. It provides 4 different file-versions for the Mythras Core rules, all of them .pdfs:
  • Mythras_Interactive
  • Mythras_Interactive_Revision_2
  • Mythras_3rd_Printing_Interactive_3
  • Mythras_3rd_Printing_031118
I'm guessing the first two are earlier versions of the rulebook, but I'm not clear on which of the last two is the most up-to-date.
According to Loz, "Mythras_3rd_Printing_031118 is the most up-to-date version with all errata included." I'm in the process of updating the Mythras corebook file in the Bundle of Holding system.

In my own experience with DriveThruRPG's system, the most recent version of a file is always the last one in the list. Anyone else have a different experience?

I've updated the Mythras core rulebook file in the Bundle of Holding system to the most recent version, 031118.
Please refresh my memory, Mr. Varney - is re-purchasing old Bundles now available? I seem to remember it was, and then trying to find the option today netted me...nothing.
So either I'm misremembering, or my ability to search the site didn't correspond well to the time constraints:shade:!

Also, the Mythras bundle is impressive like always (of course, I also got the previous one:thumbsup:).

is re-purchasing old Bundles now available? I seem to remember it was, and then trying to find the option today netted me...nothing.
I can't sell a Bundle of Holding offer after it ends, if that's what you're asking. The Mythras core rulebook has been featured in the April 2018 Mythras Core Bundle (revived in August 2019) and also in this new Mythras Settings Bundle in progress.

I can't sell a Bundle of Holding offer after it ends, if that's what you're asking. The Mythras core rulebook has been featured in the April 2018 Mythras Core Bundle (revived in August 2019) and also in this new Mythras Settings Bundle in progress.
Actually I was asking about improving the level of participation if you joined on a lower level...but then somehow deleted half my post while editing it, and didn't notice:smile:.

I guess that's out of bounds as well, though.

I fully understand why it would be so, but then the question is, what am I misremembering:wink:?
(Well, obviously you couldn't know the answer to that last part, either:grin:! I'll have to check the sites I've been visiting, though).

Actually I was asking about improving the level of participation if you joined on a lower level...but then somehow deleted half my post while editing it, and didn't notice:smile:.
Okay, I understand now. Yes, nowadays you can purchase just the Starter Collection for a given offer, and then upgrade to the complete collection later -- as long as the offer is still running. The upgrade cost equals the current threshold (average) price minus the amount you already paid.

Okay, I understand now. Yes, nowadays you can purchase just the Starter Collection for a given offer, and then upgrade to the complete collection later -- as long as the offer is still running. The upgrade cost equals the current threshold (average) price minus the amount you already paid.
OK, that's the part I was misremembering (or rather, didn't notice the first time)! Thank you very much and apologies for bothering you:thumbsup:!

Well, and now I'm considering those Icons bundles:shade:.

Hi Allen Varney Allen Varney, I got both Traveller bundles, and everything looks fine in the Wizard’s Cabinet, but in DTRPG, I was given the Starter Set, not the 2e Rulebook.

Hi Allen Varney Allen Varney, I got both Traveller bundles, and everything looks fine in the Wizard’s Cabinet, but in DTRPG, I was given the Starter Set, not the 2e Rulebook.
I accidentally omitted the Fall of Tinath campaign book from the Mongoose Traveller 2E corebook entry. I just got the file from Mongoose and added it to the Bundle system. You should have both files under the corebook entry on your Wizard's Cabinet download page.

Snagged mine this morning. These always blow me away with the value. Unless my math is seriously off, this one looks to be worth around $360.00 USD. I'd not snagged any of the 2e stuff though it had been on my to get list for a while. I just always seemed to have far too many rpgs on my list that ended up higher priority. In the case of the 2e stuff, I had some of the 1e Traveller material and of course MegaTraveller and the little black book original version so it's not like I didn't have plenty of Traveller rpg goodness. lol

Wait, but I thought that's what we're supposed to get? The Starter Set and not the Core Rulebook? LOL Now I'm confused.

Yes, it's the complete Mongoose Traveller Starter Set, except I accidentally omitted the Fall of Tinath campaign book. Sorry! Fixed now.
Huh, seems like I need to download this now:grin:!

Of course, I liked the bundle so much, I'm also trying to get it for a friend...but not sure I'm doing it right:thumbsup:.

Allen Varney Allen Varney - how does purchasing a gift work? Do I just replace my e-mail with his? (For the record, I pay via PayPal).

I figured it out:shade:!

Last edited:
Yes, it's the complete Mongoose Traveller Starter Set, except I accidentally omitted the Fall of Tinath campaign book. Sorry! Fixed now.
Hmm, then it's the other way around, DTRPG is correct and BoH is wrong. DTRPG shows the Starter Set, but the Wizard's Cabinet on the BoH site does not contain the Starter Set, it contains the Core Rulebook and Errata documents.

The zip file MongTrav2E-StarterCollection-[bignumber].zip contains...
MongooseTraveller-2E-CentralSupplyCatalogue.pdf
MongooseTraveller-2E-FallOfTinath.pdf
MongooseTraveller-2E-TravellerCompanion.pdf
MongooseTraveller-2E-CoreRulebook-2020 Folder which contains...
MongooseTraveller-2E-CoreRulebook-2020.pdf
MongooseTraveller-2E-Errata.pdf

If we're not supposed to have the Core Rulebook then Houston we have a problem because I have it in my Wizard's Cabinet.

Hmm, then it's the other way around, DTRPG is correct and BoH is wrong. DTRPG shows the Starter Set, but the Wizard's Cabinet on the BoH site does not contain the Starter Set, it contains the Core Rulebook and Errata documents.
Sorry, the files on the Bundle site are organized slightly differently from the DriveThru versions, because I inadvertently left out the Fall of Tinath file when the offer launched, and only added it this morning. The Mongoose 2E Starter Set consists of the Traveller 2E core rulebook plus the Fall of Tinath and a map. All these files are part of the Mongoose Traveller 2E Starter Collection on the Bundle site -- they're just broken out differently.

Looks like a great deal to me. I’ve never owned Mongoose Traveller 2e but I will probably get in on this.

Looks like a great deal to me. I’ve never owned Mongoose Traveller 2e but I will probably get in on this.
Traveller and Mythras are the two systems I keep coming back to time and time again...:devil:
(No, I'm not going to tell you you should get it! But it's a good deal).

Whic means these last days Bundle of Holding is being pretty nice to me:grin:!

Sorry, the files on the Bundle site are organized slightly differently from the DriveThru versions, because I inadvertently left out the Fall of Tinath file when the offer launched, and only added it this morning. The Mongoose 2E Starter Set consists of the Traveller 2E core rulebook plus the Fall of Tinath and a map. All these files are part of the Mongoose Traveller 2E Starter Collection on the Bundle site -- they're just broken out differently.
Hmm, here's what the order on DTRPG shows as the Starter Set that I received.
Capture2.JPG

Definitely not the same thing. Whatever we're supposed to get, what BoH site is calling the Starter Set and what DTRPG are calling the Starter Set are two different things.

Hmm, here's what the order on DTRPG shows as the Starter Set that I received.
View attachment 31531

Definitely not the same thing. Whatever we're supposed to get, what BoH site is calling the Starter Set and what DTRPG are calling the Starter Set are two different things.
Argh. I'll sort it out with Mongoose. Sorry for the confusion.

Whatever we're supposed to get, what BoH site is calling the Starter Set and what DTRPG are calling the Starter Set are two different things.
Okay, I believe now I've got the proper Mongoose Traveller 2E Starter Set up on the Bundle of Holding download pages. This should match the DriveThru listing (though I renamed the files). My thanks to the endlessly patient Mongoose Publishing people for indulging my repeated flailing at this title.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back