Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The art is indeed among the stronger points of the game, from what I know:grin:.

(The rules leave me cold).
It's the descriptor style that leaves me less than warm. It's just not clean for clarity in my opinion which slows you down trying to recall what the name does powers wise. I want to learn the mechanics so that they come to mind easily and that system doesn't do that for me. :/ Also the whole "you're doing it wrong if you don't use cyphers exactly how we tell you" gets old from fans. But I love the writing and art, yep. If you're curious about Numenera or even just want to mine it for ideas for your own game I recommend snagging this Bundle of Holding.

Numenera I think is a good setting, if not a great one. The system for the most part I have Zero use for. I enjoy the parts of the world the various supplements reveal.

I mean Amazon's Kindle ebook exclusivity agreements. But that's good to know, and in any case the publisher will set me straight.
Amazon requires exclusivity for titles enrolled in their Kindle Unlimited program. Not every DMR Books release is part of that program, so there's nothing stopping us from making a deal for the ones that aren't. Feel free to email me through the contact form on my website.

Amazon requires exclusivity for titles enrolled in their Kindle Unlimited program. Not every DMR Books release is part of that program, so there's nothing stopping us from making a deal for the ones that aren't. Feel free to email me through the contact form on my website.
Hey, welcome to the Pub, cool to see you here.

I still find the image of Bezos skulking around music festivals to find whether the exclusivity agreement is being upheld...well, more than mildly amusing:grin:!

I still find the image of Bezos skulking around music festivals to find whether the exclusivity agreement is being upheld...well, more than mildly amusing:grin:!
Given his recent litigious activity, it's not as ridiculous as when I made the joke.

I have my fingers crossed for a DMR books Bundle of Holding!

Thanks! I play RPGs only about once every ten years so I don't think I'll have much to add to most of the conversations here, but I'm always glad to talk about S&S fiction.
Well, we often talk about S&S:thumbsup:!
And of course, we just might set you up to play in a S&S game...:shade:

New Orleans as covered in the Deadlands Noir core contains enough premade cases, a case generator and well done NPCs to brainlessly make a medium-term campaign, has a great big bad, as well as not leaning on Deadlands metaplot much. It's also quite low-powered for a Savage Worlds setting. I really enjoyed it.

The settings in the Companion aren't quite as good, but the best would be LA due to the overarching plot being a more interesting investigation and better NPCs.

Last edited:
New Orleans as covered in the Deadlands Noir core contains enough premade cases, a case generator and well done NPCs to brainlessly make a medium-term campaign, has a great big bad, as well as not leaning on Deadlands metaplot much. It's also quite low-powered for a Savage Worlds setting. I really enjoyed it.

The settings in the Companion aren't quite as good, but the best would be LA due to the overarching plot being a more interesting investigation and better NPCs.
How easy/difficult would it be to convert to Deadlands Classic rules? Or would you want/need to? Amd would the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition be a suitable core ruleset, if one did not convert?

How easy/difficult would it be to convert to Deadlands Classic rules? Or would you want/need to? Amd would the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition be a suitable core ruleset, if one did not convert?
There's a fairly consistent set of conversion rules between Deadlands Savage Worlds version and Deadlands Classic that gives solid results (I've explored it in both directions):

In many cases Pinnacle's Savage Worlds stats for Deadlands enemies are a direct result of applying this to the Classic stats and in other cases involve very slight adjustments. It works equally well with Noir I felt*.

Noir was written for Deluxe not the current SWADE so it'd be perfect if you didn't convert.

* I did a lot of testing of this back in 2016

Last edited:
Oooh, I may get this Cthulhu Hack bundle because it includes the cool looking Dee Sanction game.

In 16C England, as the Church splinters, vengeful supernatural creatures emerge from long seclusion and attack their oppressors. In 1563 Queen Elizabeth I passes an Act Against Conjurations, Enchantments, and Witchcrafts, with severe punishment for acts of magic. The following year, Doctor John Dee and Francis Walsingham convince the Queen to pass an amendment to the Act, the Dee Sanction, permitting magic in defense of the realm.

The Dee Sanction is a standalone roleplaying game about serving Queen and country in the late Tudor period. You are an Agent of Dee -- not by choice, but for self-preservation. Somewhere between conscription and penance, you work with a faint hope you can earn pardon and absolution -- if only you can outrun the shadows of your past and the horrors of the present.

The 70-page rulebook presents a complete Agent generation system, including random Agent creation and Tradecraft rules; a brief timeline of events, and a rundown of Elizabethan England's key enemies; a simple system for handling threats, hazards and consequences with an approach that always pushes onward; a bestiary of supernatural and common enemies; and a full introductory adventure, "Lost in Translation."

Oooh, I may get this Cthulhu Hack bundle because it includes the cool looking Dee Sanction game.

In 16C England, as the Church splinters, vengeful supernatural creatures emerge from long seclusion and attack their oppressors. In 1563 Queen Elizabeth I passes an Act Against Conjurations, Enchantments, and Witchcrafts, with severe punishment for acts of magic. The following year, Doctor John Dee and Francis Walsingham convince the Queen to pass an amendment to the Act, the Dee Sanction, permitting magic in defense of the realm.

The Dee Sanction is a standalone roleplaying game about serving Queen and country in the late Tudor period. You are an Agent of Dee -- not by choice, but for self-preservation. Somewhere between conscription and penance, you work with a faint hope you can earn pardon and absolution -- if only you can outrun the shadows of your past and the horrors of the present.

The 70-page rulebook presents a complete Agent generation system, including random Agent creation and Tradecraft rules; a brief timeline of events, and a rundown of Elizabethan England's key enemies; a simple system for handling threats, hazards and consequences with an approach that always pushes onward; a bestiary of supernatural and common enemies; and a full introductory adventure, "Lost in Translation."
I have the Dee Sanction (in on both Kickstarters) and I love it.

I have the Dee Sanction (in on both Kickstarters) and I love it.

How easy would it be to use stuff from the Dee Sanction with Lamentations Of The Flame Princess?

I've never looked at Lamentations of the Flame Princess, so I couldn't say. It's pretty rules lite though.

LOTFP is basically B/X, with the assumed default setting being 16th-17th century Europe.

LOTFP is basically B/X, with the assumed default setting being 16th-17th century Europe.
This is decidedly not B/X. Let's see if I can keep this short.

Three stats - Intellectuall, Physicall, and Supernaturall. Each has a die rating (or step) ranking the dice from d4 - d12 with steps 1-5. You get 6 steps to assign at the beginning. You have a Back Story, consisting of an Occupation, an Association, and Focus. You either roll for them or select them. You also have a Favour which you draw from a deck to assign (magical ability). You have abilities determined by your back story- they're just general areas of expertise instead of having a specific definition.

Challenges are resolved by the player stating what is to be done, and the GM naming the consequences of the action, the resource needed, and whether the player has advantages or disadvantages, causing the die used to step up a die type or step down. The player rolls the die associated with the resource to meet the challenge. There's no failure- 1-2 and the challenge falters- you fail forward and have a consequence. Any other result on the die means a success.

Big Warhammer FRP bundle at Humble Bundle. A few years ago they had a smaller bundle. If you bought that, I’m pretty sure you can get just the “new” items by selecting the 24 item bundle.

Last edited:
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place—I thought we were consolidating all the bundle deals.

Mods, please clean up if you deem worthwhile.

The thing is that there's not a real good place to have all the Humble Bundle deals posted, probably because they're so irregular (Since I'm thinking of it, they dropped a Numenera bundle today). Allen and Bundle of Holding, on the other hand, updates on a fairly predictable schedule (midweek specials notwithstanding), such that there's two up we've missed so far:

I'm especially interested in the latter, as I've been meaning to pick up the Bestiary. And while I'm sure I've heard the name, this is the first look I've really taken at Apocthulhu - does its "simple yet elegant d100 system" imply a broad compatibility with other BRP/Call of Cthulhu games?

Maybe we can have a general thread for discounts on games. Humble Bundles should fit fine in there. It could be useful to have a place to tell people about random online deals, which will keep the thread from disappearing between RPG-related Humble Bundles.

this is the first look I've really taken at Apocthulhu - does its "simple yet elegant d100 system" imply a broad compatibility with other BRP/Call of Cthulhu games?
Yes, the Apocthulhu System Reference Document is closely based on the SRDs for Mongoose's Legend (the OGL version of Mongoose RuneQuest) and Arc Dream's Delta Green RPG. You can download the SRD free at the link.

The thing is that there's not a real good place to have all the Humble Bundle deals posted, probably because they're so irregular (Since I'm thinking of it, they dropped a Numenera bundle today). Allen and Bundle of Holding, on the other hand, updates on a fairly predictable schedule (midweek specials notwithstanding), such that there's two up we've missed so far:

I'm especially interested in the latter, as I've been meaning to pick up the Bestiary. And while I'm sure I've heard the name, this is the first look I've really taken at Apocthulhu - does its "simple yet elegant d100 system" imply a broad compatibility with other BRP/Call of Cthulhu games?

Yeah those popped up in my email, and I succumbed, they got me with the titles and it took very little reading beyond that to lighten my wallet.

I thought the system was fine, reasonably light. The real good stuff is in the adventures and supplements though.
Well with that as a consideration, what do people think of the Humble Bundle Numenera offering referenced just now? It overlaps a bit with September’s Bundle of Holding that I posted about upthread but notably it has stuff like Jade Colossus and The Hideous Game.

(I’d post this to the new “deals” thread but that doesn’t exist yet, does it? Anyway this is sort of complementary to the recent BoH offering—neither of them has everything the other included.)

The new Classic Traveller Imperium Tour presents Traveller First Edition rulebooks plus many sourcebooks and adventures in the Third Imperium. In the 1980s Game Designers' Workshop brought forth a, what's the word, stellar array of rulebooks and supplements that tour the 11,000 worlds and the 1,100-year history of this sprawling galactic empire. Through Monday, November 23 this new offer presents a huge assortment of rules, settings, and scenarios, including The Traveller Book, The Traveller Adventure, and all eight Alien Modules, as well as Tarsus, Beltstrike, and the other M-series Imperium modules, plus the new Classic Traveller Facsimile Edition -- everything you need for your own high passage through this much-loved space-opera setting.

PS. Check TravellerMap.com for an amazing tool to explore Charted Space.

There's a Tribe 8 bundle up. Most of the 1st edition line is offered in the sale, with the exception of the last 3 metaplot adventures and the 2 adventure supplements unrelated to the metaplot (any reason why these are not included, btw?).
All the setting supplements are present, though, and they really are all you need if you want to use the game to spin your own tale.

There's a Tribe 8 bundle up. Most of the 1st edition line is offered in the sale, with the exception of the last 3 metaplot adventures and the 2 adventure supplements unrelated to the metaplot (any reason why these are not included, btw?).
All the setting supplements are present, though, and they really are all you need if you want to use the game to spin your own tale.
I always take it as a kind favor when posts that mention Bundle of Holding offers link to the offer: Tribe 8 Bundle

I thought I got all the metaplot adventures. Which ones did I miss?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back