Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hi, Raleel Raleel and spittingimage spittingimage ! I haven't got a Bundle of Holding problem today, only got ~40 bundles... I'm just here because your admissions make me feel better:angel:!

Well, that, and because I might otherwise miss a bundle I'd have liked...:tongue:

Also, Allen Varney Allen Varney - have you considered a d00 Lite bundle? Just a random thought as I'm preparing to run one of their games.

Allen Varney Allen Varney - have you considered a d00 Lite bundle? Just a random thought as I'm preparing to run one of their games.
In January 2016 I presented Covert Ops and White Lies in an espionage-themed offer, but since then I haven't done anything with d00 Lite. In general my customers seem more interested in offers featuring one specific game line, rather than a system-based assortment. I'd be interested in a BareBones Fantasy offer.

Hi, Raleel Raleel and spittingimage spittingimage ! I haven't got a Bundle of Holding problem today, only got ~40 bundles... I'm just here because your admissions make me feel better:angel:!

Well, that, and because I might otherwise miss a bundle I'd have liked...:tongue:

Also, Allen Varney Allen Varney - have you considered a d00 Lite bundle? Just a random thought as I'm preparing to run one of their games.

Someone blood promised me Harn BoH... WHERE IS IT!!!!!!!!

For 10 bucks, I just grabbed it. They look decent, not very long, but a nice overview of a bunch of historical settings.

I grabbed them too when I got the BoH email. I like this kind of stuff and luckily there is little overlap with periods I've already collected a lot of material for.

There's an interesting new Quick Deal for a bunch of Mystical Throne Guides to various historical topics. Anybody know if they're any good?
I bought some of these a few years ago when they were called the 'Ultimate Guides'. It's the same line, as they were published by Mystical Throne Entertainment.
I have Ultimate Three Kingdoms, Ultimate Roman Legions, and Ultimate Mongol Empire, all for BRP Legend.

They are not really big books, the page count varies but it's typically between 50 pages to 80 pages, so they aren't too lightweight either.
Presentation does feel very indie-publisher, it is definately nothing flash, and these days even indie-publishers often present a bit better (these were published about a decade ago). However the content is good, and there is enough there to make a trpg session feel very historical.
They are decent value in this current deal, given that you are getting eleven books for $10 USD - that's $1 USD per book, plus a freebie!

The Legend stats are pretty close to Mythras, and a quick convert for other BRP games. I think this deal says these versions also have Savage Worlds stats.
They have good setting content anyway, so they are pretty useful resources for any system for that price.

Last edited:
You persuaded me already, I just have to find my debit card!

While we're doing fantasy BoH's, another LARP bundle would be very welcome. (Both the American Freeforms and the Freeform Games bundles were great).

I accept that trying to get anything done with multiple LARP publishers is going to be a herding cats situation.

I believe that, across ten years, you're the first Bundle customer who has expressed a desire for more freeform games.
Hah, I can imagine. Made extra complicated by the fact that the Brits, the Nordics and the Americans all use "freeform" to mean different things. (That said, to be fair, I'm not sure a "parlor LARP" bundle would appeal to many people other than me either).

I bought some of these a few years ago when they were called the 'Ultimate Guides'. It's the same line, as they were published by Mystical Throne Entertainment.
I have Ultimate Three Kingdoms, Ultimate Roman Legions, and Ultimate Mongol Empire, all for BRP Legend.

They are not really big books, the page count varies but it's typically between 50 pages to 80 pages, so they aren't too lightweight either.
Presentation does feel very indie-publisher, it is definately nothing flash, and these days even indie-publishers often present a bit better (these were published about a decade ago). However the content is good, and there is enough there to make a trpg session feel very historical.
They are decent value in this current deal, given that you are getting eleven books for $10 USD - that's $1 USD per book, plus a freebie!

The Legend stats are pretty close to Mythras, and a quick convert for other BRP games. I think this deal says these versions also have Savage Worlds stats.
They have good setting content anyway, so they are pretty useful resources for any system for that price.

I just want to chime in on this and say that I agree with everything said here. If you have any interest in those periods, pick it up. The bundle is worth the price.

As an aside, my friends and I have done some stuff for MTE and found that the studio treats (or treated) its freelancers very well. My buddy Jim did this cover - https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/98114/Savage-Insider-Issue-3-What-Lurks-in-the-Shadows

It is a fully original, full page digital painting. He was just starting out and had no idea how to price his work, so he gave a very low price, thinking that his work wasn't worth a lot since he didn't have a name in the industry. He was told by the publisher that it was too low and that he was unwilling to pay for the work that Jim turned in at his asking price, saying the work was worth far more, and significantly bumped up the pay.

TL;DR - Buy it. It's worth it. Support the publisher.

Hah, I can imagine. Made extra complicated by the fact that the Brits, the Nordics and the Americans all use "freeform" to mean different things. (That said, to be fair, I'm not sure a "parlor LARP" bundle would appeal to many people other than me either).

Put me down as at least one other person into the idea of a freeform larp BoH. Two sales at least!

Allen Varney Allen Varney have you discussed the possibility of redoing the Tunnels & Trolls bundle with Webbed Sphere? I kind of hate to give them any money the way they are treating third party publishers but it might be good for people to have a chance to grab things at a good price before the brand totally atrophies under their control.

Allen Varney Allen Varney have you discussed the possibility of redoing the Tunnels & Trolls bundle with Webbed Sphere? I kind of hate to give them any money the way they are treating third party publishers but it might be good for people to have a chance to grab things at a good price before the brand totally atrophies under their control.
I have no contacts at Webbed Sphere, and I doubt they've heard of me. But if anyone here on the Pub knows someone there, I'd appreciate an introduction.

Shiver is on the Quick Deals page.
Always been curious about this, but ugh. My reading pile is just too damn high.

Looks interesting... but really special dice. I can deal with special but convertible dice, but these symbols seem to mean something and are different for the dice.

I have most of the Clement sector stuff and am still buying this one (and not just because I consume almost everything on BoH).

I'm quite tempted by the Clement Sector deal, but it'd not something I've come across before. Do you mind filling me in? What is it? What's the big draw? How does it compare to Traveller?

I'm quite tempted by the Clement Sector deal, but it'd not something I've come across before. Do you mind filling me in? What is it? What's the big draw? How does it compare to Traveller?
I was tempted to because at first I guessed it would contain adventures or settings I might run in M-Space, but it seems mostly to justly comprise and ship design guides.

There's now a Hillfolk deal up at Bundle of Holding.

My current BoH dream would be a Clockwork & Chivalry collection, maybe with a Clockwork & Cthulhu add-on. I have a few of the titles in hardcopy, but Cakebread and Walton price the individual .pdfs pretty high, especially given that they've been out for a decade or more at this point. So I can never justify purchasing them. But I'd be on a package deal in an instant. Maybe with the additional attention D100 is getting these days...

My current BoH dream would be a Clockwork & Chivalry collection, maybe with a Clockwork & Cthulhu add-on. I have a few of the titles in hardcopy, but Cakebread and Walton price the individual .pdfs pretty high, especially given that they've been out for a decade or more at this point. So I can never justify purchasing them. But I'd be on a package deal in an instant. Maybe with the additional attention D100 is getting these days...
The October 2019 Clockwork & Cthulhu Bundle sold poorly, so I doubt I'll revive the offer soon. Clockwork & Chivalry also appeared in the August 2013 Bundle of the Ages, another weak seller.

The October 2019 Clockwork & Cthulhu Bundle sold poorly, so I doubt I'll revive the offer soon. Clockwork & Chivalry also appeared in the August 2013 Bundle of the Ages, another weak seller.
Fair enough, and thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I was not aware of BoH in time for those earlier bundles.

It's an alternate setting. The blurb about the whole setting taken from the DTRPG page:

In 2210, scientists discovered a wormhole allowing travel to the opposite side of the Milky Way galaxy. Once across, exploration teams discovered worlds far more suited to human habitation than those in star systems nearer to Earth. Were they terraformed by some unknown race? Are they just a coincidence in the vast diversity of the universe?

Over the ensuing years humans left Earth and began to colonize these worlds. Nation-backed colonies. Corporate colonies. People who simply no longer felt compelled to remain on Earth. The best and brightest.

In 2331, the unthinkable happened. The wormhole collapsed leaving those in Clement Sector cut off from Earth. Now these new worlds and new civilizations must stand on their own.

The year is 2342. Adventure awaits!

It reimagines a lot of things, including a lot of the technology.
I was tempted to because at first I guessed it would contain adventures or settings I might run in M-Space, but it seems mostly to justly comprise and ship design guides.
Though there are deck plans and ship plans, this offer mostly includes background information on organizations, subsectors, professions, and starports. The main book does include adventure seeds. I think this is geared towards those that want to play in the setting.

Fair enough, and thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I was not aware of BoH in time for those earlier bundles.
They've got the greatest company name in gaming.

Cakebread & Walton - Purveyors of Fine Imaginings
It's like that little English book shop which never seems to be in the same place, but you always find it when you need it.

I went ahead and grabbed the Hill Folk bundle. Doubtful I'll use it as is, but the idea of a social conflict focused RPG seems like it should offer good ideas for social conflict in any game system. Plus it is fairly cheap. :smile:

I went ahead and grabbed the Hill Folk bundle. Doubtful I'll use it as is, but the idea of a social conflict focused RPG seems like it should offer good ideas for social conflict in any game system. Plus it is fairly cheap. :smile:
It's very good, and not just in social conflict. It's more geared towards dramatic conflict of any type. My favorite adaptation of it is Malandros.

It's available at that link in plain text under CC, though the book is very nice laid out.

I was a playtester for Hillfolk. In my experience, every session involves some really interesting non-lethal PVP drama. You need the right group for it, of course, and it's good to have at least four players. Having three other players to bounce off keeps things moving.

I found the additional series pitches by other designers to be variable in quality. Some are great, but in others, I didn't feel the person writing it fully understood what works well for the game.

TinyMegaBundle is up. Why wasn't it the MegaTinyBundle? I don't know.

Anyway, It took a bit of effort to find the link for the fishing game, which is definitely included.

Not really sure what this bundle is missing. Seems like an awful lot of Tiny in here. (TWSS)

Anyone want to give the Cliff's Notes version of why I should buy this? Or not buy this? Besides the "you already have more games than you can play in your limited life expectancy" reason...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back