Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Two new Stars Without Number RPG bundles are up. The first bundle is entirely first edition material and can be found here. The second one is a mixture of first edition and Revised edition material and can be found here.

Stars Without Number is one of the finest science-fiction RPGs available, IMO. Think Traveller but using an old school Dungeons & Dragons chassis, without the Traveller edition warring. First edition material is very largely compatible with the Revised edition (with the exception of the Skyward Steel book), so if you want to go whole hog into Stars Without Number Revised Edition, I strongly recommend picking up both bundles.
I find SWN useful for the GM-facing tools...but frankly, even CT feels much better than its combat system, not to mention MgT/CE or T5. (The out of combat skill rules are basically the same, anyway, or close enough that it doesn't really matter:grin:).

What is in the first edition bundle that is lacking in the revised bundle that you think is a must have?

What is in the first edition bundle that is lacking in the revised bundle that you think is a must have?

Suns of Gold is a must-have for the expanded merchant rules and the mercantile GM tables and charts if you want to go for a classic Traveller-ish campaign. Darkness Visible is helpful if you decide to run a campaign that uses one or more covert agencies or if your PCs play spies. Engines of Babylon and Relics of the Lost contain a lot of neat toys for PCs, but are not essential.

Two new Stars Without Number RPG bundles are up. The first bundle is entirely first edition material and can be found here. The second one is a mixture of first edition and Revised edition material and can be found here.

Stars Without Number is one of the finest science-fiction RPGs available, IMO. Think Traveller but using an old school Dungeons & Dragons chassis, without the Traveller edition warring. First edition material is very largely compatible with the Revised edition (with the exception of the Skyward Steel book), so if you want to go whole hog into Stars Without Number Revised Edition, I strongly recommend picking up both bundles.

This is the first bundle of 2019 that has been of any interest to me. That has been a good thing, because I failed my willpower check quite often in 2018.

This is the first bundle of 2019 that has been of any interest to me. That has been a good thing, because I failed my willpower check quite often in 2018.
I know what you mean:smile:. Not that I failed it a whole lot, but strictly speaking, I've bought some things that I didn't really need immediately.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, I actually made my check this time! I was all set to pull the trigger and thought 'yeah, but you've got a few of these already and you're never going to even read them, let alone play the game'. So I closed the page and went about my business :smile:

And I've simply got more SWN than I'm likely to ever need:smile:. But it's nice for new people, especially if they plan on GMing!

I do not, but have more systems than I will ever play. Still, may pick it up anyways. I’m always up for a new one ;)

I picked it up. Not a fan of anything in the whiff20, er, d20 system-ish setup but figure it might have something I can plunder for other games.

Speaking of d20, the next Bundle of Holding is up, and it's a good one: Traveller20. It's Traveller based on Dungeons & Dragons 3.x. I've read it's offshoot/cousin SciFi20 (which is Traveller20 stripped of the Third Imperium), and I liked it a lot.

Speaking of d20, the next Bundle of Holding is up, and it's a good one: Traveller20. It's Traveller based on Dungeons & Dragons 3.x. I've read it's offshoot/cousin SciFi20 (which is Traveller20 stripped of the Third Imperium), and I liked it a lot.
On the one hand, it's Traveller...
On another, it's d20!

I think I'm going to wait for MegaTraveller and/or T4 bundles.

Of course for a few bucks more, you get all of that and more on CD-ROM...

Frank
I know. I keep meaning to get them, but I mean to take the discount, too:shade:.

And then, just before my entertainment budget has the money, I usually find something else to buy:grin:!

Wait, what?
On FFG's website, they're selling Traveller 20 PDFs, and basically all the PDFs, on CD-ROMS. It's $35 per CD (and a hard $10 delivery, IIRC). Most editions are a single CD.

EABA up at Bundle of Holding.

If you're like me and you've always been curious but not curious enough to spend $20 on the core book PDF definitely take a look now. $6 gets you the core book and a few supplements and $17+ gets you the whole shebang.

No experience with EABA, but BTRC has cranked out some excellent game building resources, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS and the Vehicle Design System are very useful for building weapons and vehicles for a variety of games.

Greg Porter (the mind behind BTRC) is a very nuts and bolts game designer. I imagine even if you find you don't care for EABA there is some worthwhile stuff in that bundle that can easily be used with other games.

I've been on the fence about EABA for quite sometime, I think Humpty Dumpty just fell off the fence. :ooh:

EABAv2 is great. I haven't got around to use it, yet, but there's no doubt I will. Just not sure for what, yet, but there's little doubt it would become a campaign of its own, some day:smile:.

Let me just tell you this, people, and see if I can raise the number of purchases of this bundle:wink:.

The combat example in the book is a certain combat scene from the second Matrix:evil:!

Interesting. I'm not really in the market for a new system, but I have wanted to take a look at that Verne book.

A Bundle of Fiasco and other Morningstar games is up! Including his excellent game Skeletons that I discussed in this thread.

A Song of Ice and Fire also has a Bundle up if you haven’t checked it out before. I think it is a pretty good adaptation.

[ . . . ]
The combat example in the book is a certain combat scene from the second Matrix:evil:!
But they only made one Matrix film. There was talk of sequels, but nothing ever came of it ... :wink:

But they only made one Matrix film. There was talk of sequels, but nothing ever came of it ... :wink:
From one of those attempts then. I hear you can actually find footage from them on some site named YouTube!

Anything interesting in the Corporation RPG bundle if I already have Cyberpunk 2020?

Anything interesting in the Corporation RPG bundle if I already have Cyberpunk 2020?

It is my understanding that The Corporation is essentially the Syndicate RPG, Syndicate being a popular cyberpunk-ish computer game from the early 1990s. It came out around the same time as X-Com and had similar game play with the player controlling a small team of operatives.

Syndicate

It has been on my list for some time, so I'm getting this bundle. I don't know much more about it other than it was supposed to be inspired by Syndicate.

Assuming it follows the computer game fairly closely, where it would differ from most other cyberpunk games is the teams are sponsored by a corporation rather than being freelancers for hire. Less freedom, but more resources.

It looks like a pretty light weight system based on skill + stat, roll under on 2d10.

It is my understanding that The Corporation is essentially the Syndicate RPG, Syndicate being a popular cyberpunk-ish computer game from the early 1990s.

I loved this game and it was one of the few games at that time that I played all the way through to completion. The final platform was really quite intense!

Whenever I see HERO bundles I get a sudden urge to sell my physical copies and just keep the digitals. I never do it but I suspect it's the rational choice to sell them.
I guess it depends on how much use they see and how much the physical copies are going for:thumbsup:!

Can anyone give a opinion on the world books? I played Gurps so HERO is unfamiliar territory for me.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back