C-Virus Freebies Amalgamated Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thanks!

During the process, it looked for a minute like I’d need to register and give payment info even though it’s free. But in reality all you need is an email address.

Does Delta Green use the regular CoC rules? Or is it it's own thing?

For a moment, you got me steamed. I just bought the hard-copy last week! But this is the pdf they are giving away :-)
Now that my face-to-face games are on-hold, I'm using my quarantine time to develop a new setting and campaign for Fantasy AGE. I love how easy it is to build around this system.

How different are these anniversary editions from the 1st editions?

I've only read Changeling, but if that's any indicator - significantly different. Whether one considers it an "improvement" or not is kinda up to the individual. Suffice to say that there's a definite influx of...uh..."modern sensibilities"

I've only read Changeling, but if that's any indicator - significantly different. Whether one considers it an "improvement" or not is kinda up to the individual. Suffice to say that there's a definite influx of...uh..."modern sensibilities"

For what it's worth, V20 is good and is a bit of an anomaly when compared to the stuff that came after it.

V20 was awesome and W20 was good too, and were largely devoid of the "modern sensibilities" that Onyx Path would later become synonymous with.

It's really noticeable with the earliest V20 products since it predated a lot of the major changes in the culture, the hobby, and Onyx Path/White Wolf as a company. V20 was meant to be a one-off product meant as a thank you to all the fans, not just the ones who strictly followed the metaplot or were personal horror purists, but ALL of the fans of every setting, edition, and theme within the original Masquerade game.

Mage 20th Anniversary is where everything changed and started going in the direction that Onyx Path would later become infamous for.

V20 was explicitly metaplot-neutral at the start, avoided the pretentiousness and elitist tone of Revised Edition (while maintaining Revised's more sound mechanics) and walked back a lot of the most controversial and divisive setting changes in the game's original run, and it's probably the only Classic World of Darkness product released since 1999 that is actually worthwhile, and it can appeal to all themes and playstyles, be it political intrigue, katana-wielding goodness, or so-called "personal horror".

Speaking of pretentiousness, anyone know what happened to that White Wolf documentary that was advertised a few years back?

Never heard anything about it afterwards, or saw it get a release

Snagged. Got V20 and Werewolf too.
Good for you! I missed V20 and W20, but got the M20 today.
There shall be another free X20 tomorrow, I think. Geist 20, Demon 20, not sure...just make sure to check:thumbsup:!

OK, I might have the opportunity to really try TFT after all:thumbsup:!

Good for you! I missed V20 and W20, but got the M20 today.
There shall be another free X20 tomorrow, I think. Geist 20, Demon 20, not sure...just make sure to check:thumbsup:!
Wraith and Changeling, I believe.

They're sort of a summary and compilation of their lines. In general they're mechanically more complex, though not by much, but have much more splat content and options. So more merits and powers.

My favourite one is Wraith as the line was small and focused enough that a compendium volume serves it well.

Well, to be honest, the pretentious and elitist tone was kind of part of the appeal. The rest of the appeal was how incredibly cheesy and ridiculous it was. It's kind of like Rifts, I guess. There is something perversely charming about complete nonsense that takes itself 100% seriously. :tongue:

Chronicles of Darkness seems to be based partly on an attempt to take the same starting idea and sort of balance it out - to make it at once more realistic, and less prone to blowing its own horn about how realistic it is. But that just makes it no fun at all, I feel. A sober game of gritty intrigue and occult conspiracies just cant hold a candle to a game where kung fu fighters kicking cyborgs in the face is supposed to be INCREDIBLY DEEP AND SERIOUS, DAMN IT! :grin:

I don't actually know if any of these except the first are because of the coronavirus going around, but Gallant Knight Games has a few of their titles as Pay-What-You-Want currently. They are:

Tiny Supers (d6 superheroes)
Sagas & Six-Guns (Savage Worlds old west/vikings mashup)
Dark Streets & Darker Secrets (OSRish urban fantasy)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back