C-Virus Freebies Amalgamated Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I really need an eye-roll emoticon added to the "like" menu.

Myriad Song (a.k.a. the SF Sanguine game that actually has humans instead of anthropomorphic animals:tongue:) is now free!

And it's a really, really good SF system, though it can easily be adapted for other genres as well:shade:.

Yes, it's me singing the praises of a system that's neither Mytras nor Traveller, so you should at least check it out:grin:!

So the people behind Degenesis have made a bunch of pdfs free on their website. Sadly, I can't find the download links, as I can't get the pages to scroll on Chrome or Firefox. If anyone else can, please let me know how you did it :smile:

The 4th and final week of the Osprey giveaways are up. If you've missed previous weeks (either from forgetfulness or from login issues (try clearing your cookies)), as of a couple days ago the previous weeks' codes were still working.

The 4th and final week of the Osprey giveaways are up. If you've missed previous weeks (either from forgetfulness or from login issues (try clearing your cookies)), as of a couple days ago the previous weeks' codes were still working.
I haven't been able to login for over a week.

I haven't been able to login for over a week.
Yeah, I got week 1 and then haven't been able to do anything since. Cleared my cache, used three different browsers, tried morning, noon, and night, and the U.S. site just will not work. I can log into the UK site, but it won't let me check out.

So the people behind Degenesis have made a bunch of pdfs free on their website. Sadly, I can't find the download links, as I can't get the pages to scroll on Chrome or Firefox. If anyone else can, please let me know how you did it :smile:
Wow, those books are gorgeous! I've never heard of this RPG before now.

I just clicked on the book images, then the option to download was on the next page.

Wow, those books are gorgeous! I've never heard of this RPG before now.

I just clicked on the book images, then the option to download was on the next page.

That didn't work for me on Chrome and Firefox. I clicked the image and nothing happened. I was able to get it to work on Opera, so I'm going to download them at work onto my external drive when I have some time later

I didn't manage to get anything from Osprey. I tried to download the first sets, didn't manage it for some reason, and then just decided I've missed it all.

OK, now that's high-quality art:shade:!

urbwar urbwar I don't know what the issue is with your Chrome and Firefox, but I just downloaded them via Firefox. And I was able to access them via Chrome using my phone.
Sorry, can't help you with any more tips.

urbwar urbwar I don't know what the issue is with your Chrome and Firefox, but I just downloaded them via Firefox. And I was able to access them via Chrome using my phone.
Sorry, can't help you with any more tips.

Like I posted above, I can access them via Opera, so it's fine

That's great!

Now the question is, how do I access the Osprey offers:shade:?

and of course now, I can't access the Degenesis page properly from Opera! I give up

I finally was able to get the Osprey site to work for me. I had to log in to the UK site, clear all items out of my cart, then switch to US shopping and it let me shop and get the free books. Posting in case it helps someone else.

I finally was able to get the Osprey site to work for me. I had to log in to the UK site, clear all items out of my cart, then switch to US shopping and it let me shop and get the free books. Posting in case it helps someone else.
I'll try...
Can anyone PM me a list of the codes/offers, please?

Got my Stimulus check, and now I have the fancy special Edition Degensis coming in. So much for free!

and of course now, I can't access the Degenesis page properly from Opera! I give up

Are you running ad or pop-up blockers? Java disabled?

Are you running ad or pop-up blockers? Java disabled?

I have ad/popup blockers on chrome. I turned them off. Still didn't help. I don't know about Java, other than it runs on FIrefox, which is one of the browsers I tried

I have ad/popup blockers on chrome. I turned them off. Still didn't help. I don't know about Java, other than it runs on FIrefox, which is one of the browsers I tried
My only other thought is antivirus software, or firewalls can both interfere with web applications. The fact one of your browsers worked once makes me think it's something outside of your browsers.

Wizards of the Coast is doing a freebie give away this week. Today's giveaway includes the Starter Set on Roll20 for free. I just purchased it on Roll20 on April 1st, guess it was an April Fool's joke on me. lol

Looks like Week 3 is all queued up. Oh, and Osprey's got another giveaway for the solo rules to Last Days: Zombie Apocalypse. It also looks like they've learned a lesson over the last month, as this latest is linked to a Google Drive file rather than something you need to go through the check out process for. :tongue:

From Modiphius:

"I wanted to send you all an update on Modiphius during the lockdown and have something special for our community to say thanks for all your support. I've long been passionate about John Carter of Mars since I was a kid so if you head over to our webstore and use the code BARSOOM at checkout you can score yourself a free copy of the John Carter of Mars RPG core book in PDF before the end of April. It's a really streamlined version of our 2d20 system so if you like what you see the code VIRGINIA will get you 20% off anything in the John Carter RPG & miniatures collection."

From Modiphius:

"I wanted to send you all an update on Modiphius during the lockdown and have something special for our community to say thanks for all your support. I've long been passionate about John Carter of Mars since I was a kid so if you head over to our webstore and use the code BARSOOM at checkout you can score yourself a free copy of the John Carter of Mars RPG core book in PDF before the end of April. It's a really streamlined version of our 2d20 system so if you like what you see the code VIRGINIA will get you 20% off anything in the John Carter RPG & miniatures collection."
Grabbed. Been a fan of Barsoom almost as long as I've been a fan of Elric.

Crosspost-

Dragon Warriors hardcover is, inexplicably $11 and change on DTRPG. It says PWYW, but it charges $11+ and then shipping, which still seems like a helluva deal. Tempted, but I doubt I'd actually play it, so I'm gonna pass.

Crosspost-

Dragon Warriors hardcover is, inexplicably $11 and change on DTRPG. It says PWYW, but it charges $11+ and then shipping, which still seems like a helluva deal. Tempted, but I doubt I'd actually play it, so I'm gonna pass.
I believe you can change it back to whatever price you want.

I think $11.56 is the minimum printing cost ($7.36 for the softcover). The pdf is zero. Its a nice book. I have a nostalgic preference for the paperback, but the new art (well, "newer") is fantastic.

Well, I'm definitely not complaining about its price even at 11bux. It's not for me, but it's a great deal.

Crosspost - Now that I am on PC, minimum price is $7.06

Crosspost - Now that I am on PC, minimum price is $7.06
The softcover has a minimum price of $7.06, the hardcover has a minimum price of $11.56.

PWYW on print books requires that you pay the minimum required for Lightning Source to print the book. If you do the minimum, DTRPG and the publisher get $0.

I have to say, I make cracks about 2d20 all the time, but the actual products Modiphius puts out are ace. The John Carter book looks great. It is also the most accessible version of that system from my first flip-thru of the PDF.

I just don't like the system. The presentation has never been in question for me.

From Modiphius:

OK, got this one! (Still kicking myself over missing the Osprey's offers, but whatever, water under the bridge).
I've been a John Carter fan for ages. Didn't get on the KS because I knew I'd be paying for a system I don't enjoy...but at this price range, it's fine:shade:!

And of course, I'm thinking of seeing how well I could adapt a system I actually like:grin:!

Nor sure if 'Rona related, but Navigator, a Spacemaster 1e clone, is PWYW in PDF on DTRPG.

as an update on the Degenesis front: A friend downloaded them all and shared them with me, so I finally got the books.

It is winter my lord. The leaves fall as ashes amongst the blood of men.
Gather the Ashegari, command the Samurai. We must ride to the plains and face our enemy. His treachery dishonours us.
Shit, the army is huge. Wait, I'm still trying to group select...no they're attacking! FFS, where are my archers?

Gather the Ashegari, command the Samurai. We must ride to the plains and face our enemy. His treachery dishonours us.
Shit, the army is huge. Wait, I'm still trying to group select...no they're attacking! FFS, where are my archers?
That's when auto fight this battle becomes a good choice.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind, baka? Nobody goes to war in winter:grin:!"

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back