C-Virus Freebies Amalgamated Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
That's when auto fight this battle becomes a good choice.

In the first Shogun, I had a general trapped in a province, surrounded by enemies. However, he was the highest rated general in the game. For six turns, I auto fought invasions of the province he was in, expecting him to fall. He won every battle, and I was able to finally get reinforcements to him. He ended up being the one to exterminate two enemy clans. He died at the age of 107, just before I won that game. I've never had a general in any Total War game defy the odds like that ever since. Dude was a legend. Now if only I could remember his name :tongue:

If anyone uses Indyplanet to shop for comics, the digital versions of every title released by Oniric Comics are free. The artist, Chris Malgrain, is pretty talented. I know his work from the 4 volume Heroes of the Public Domain series. I like his stuff, so I figured I'd let others know about it

"Are you out of your goddamn mind, baka? Nobody goes to war in winter:grin:!"
it's always winter on my pc, the game's too much for it to cope with these days. I have it, but the cpu just heats up to about 80 degrees which doesn't strike me as a good thing

it's always winter on my pc, the game's too much for it to cope with these days. I have it, but the cpu just heats up to about 80 degrees which doesn't strike me as a good thing
Not a good thing, indeed, from what I've heard:thumbsup:!

From an email I had from Game Designer’s Workshop just now:

The Science Fiction in Traveller by Shannon Appelcline is free on DriveThruRPG in various formats until the end of May.

The Science-Fiction In Traveller

We have made this title free through the end of May.

“Award-winning reviewer Shannon Appelcline (Designers & Dragon) investigates the science-fiction literature that shaped the structure and content of the Traveller science-fiction role-playing game. He reviews and discusses the broad expanse of SF that influenced Marc Miller as he designed the massive background universe of Traveller, and then gives equal consideration to the novels and short stories that were inspired by Traveller.”

At download, you can select the files you need: Kindle, iBook, or PDF.

From an email I had from Game Designer’s Workshop just now:

The Science Fiction in Traveller by Shannon Appelcline is free on DriveThruRPG in various formats until the end of May.
I quite enjoyed that one. I liked the dual ratings, one for how good it is as a book and another for how good it is as Traveller inspiration. Nice look at the The Concordat series, the first Traveller inspired fiction.

Speaking of DriveThru...they aren't freebies, but DTRP has these cheap superbundles where the proceeds go to benefit different Covid related charities:

Kobold Press is now offering Prepared!, a book of one-shot adventures, for free from their store with a code.
Great:thumbsup:! But this...
With Prepared!, designer Jon Sawatsky has created dozens of 5th Edition fantasy scenarios ready to use in any fantasy campaign setting, at a variety of PC levels. Never be caught without a plot again!
:sad: I don't understand. Wasn't 5e promoting a more sandbox approach, among other stuff?

Not 'Rona related, but STuper Powers! is PWYW on the publisher's site:

The mechanics are literally "Rock, Paper, Scissors." It still rules.

Go for Tiny Supers! It's great!
I turned the fantastic dice I got from the Kickstarter into a Roll20 rollable table for this next one.
We did a Forged in the Dark/FASERIP mash-up where you play a crew of Marvel Super Villains in 80's New York.
It's been a ton of fun, and we've worked most of the kinks out. If you aren't familiar with Marvel FASERIP or BitD, it's pretty easy to catch on from the downloads and videos.
Download the Free Rules
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QxXmK2jnGcB_Dmp3GvzJTHROv6IBddIn
Playtest Videos

It looks like the COVID give aways may be over. Even Wizards has not had any new material up since last week.

Probably, Covid is mostly over where I am
For now.... Washington is starting to heat up. Even though the border is close I'm sure we'll find some way to send it up your way.

that's fine, I plan to continue social distancing for....

the rest of my life, if I can help it.
What's a guy got to do to get you Covid? Come up and cough up a lung on your door handle? I'd do it but some guy out of a Rocky& Bullwinkle cartoon won't let me across the border.

Texas. With a governor shocked that trying to open everything has resulted in a huge spike in cases.

WhisperedVacantChicken-size_restricted.gif

Without any political commentary 33/50 US states are experiencing their highest daily new cases of Covid.

Without any political commentary 33/50 US states are experiencing their highest daily new cases of Covid.
Well I'm from New York...

That's all I wanted to say. I just had to meet my quota.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back