CANADIAN HEROES for CRUSADERS!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

olivier legrand

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Greetings, fellow gamers!

Legrand Games Studio proudly presents the third issue of CRUSADERS INTERNATIONAL, an irregular series of mini-supplements for CRUSADERS, the roleplaying game of superheroic action!

In this third issue, take a look at CANADIAN SUPERS, in the grand tradition of 1980s comics! Meet the heroes of Northwatch - the all-Canadian super-team: Skyguard, Givreuse, Snowbolt, Thunder Woman... and the super-villain Blue Frost!

CHECK IT OUT!

Legrand Games Studio proudly presents the third issue of CRUSADERS INTERNATIONAL, an irregular series of mini-supplements for CRUSADERS, the roleplaying game of superheroic action!

In this third issue, take a look at CANADIAN SUPERS, in the grand tradition of 1980s comics! Meet the heroes of Northwatch - the all-Canadian super-team: Skyguard, Givreuse, Snowbolt, Thunder Woman... and the super-villain Blue Frost!

CHECK IT OUT!

Is there crime in Canada?

O olivier legrand , I'm curious, why did you specifically choose to make a supplement for Canadian heroes? Do you have a personal connection to Canada, or did it just seem fun, or something else that I haven't thought of?

I see Skyguard has supreme armor and supersonic flight which is only available w/supreme flight.
Can improvements buy supreme power options? I didn't see that in the main book but I probably missed it.

Awesome, time to re-read Captain Canuck and Northguard!

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, there's a cool documentary about Canadian comic book characters called Forgotten Heroes.

Can I play a supe that vomits molten maple syrup? Or slays denim clad ninjas with my vorpal hockey stick?

Well, that depends on how you interpret the rules given on p 7 of the rulebook: theoretically, a hero created with 5 power rolls cannot have more that 1 Supreme power - or, more precisely, cannot choose the Supreme Option more than once. But since rolling the same power twice can also allow you to upgrade the already rolled power to the Supreme grade, a generous editor may allow a player to combine these two possibilities. That being said, you raised a valid point - and one that will be addressed in the next Showcase's Crusaders Queries (thanks!).

Anyway, SKYGUARD's profile was indeed riddled with errors (it was based on an earlier version of the character, using the 7 power rolls allowed to high-power characters, as detailed in the Appendix optional rules) - so extra thanks to you for spotting this! A corrected version of the PDF has been uploaded. Skyguard no longer has Supreme Armor but Improved basic Armor (Protection 15), his Flight is indeed Supreme (but without the Supersonic Flight - that would be a perfect Improvement choice for his next rank) and he no longer has the Pilot super-skill (a leftover from the aforementioned earlier version).

As for WHY I decided to make a supplement about Canadian heroes, what can I say?

- The very idea behind Crusaders International is... well, it's in the title, isn't it?

- I've always had a deep love for Marvel's ALPHA FLIGHT series created by the great John Byrne. 'nuff said!

Last edited:
Actually, "Wolverine" in French is translated as "Glouton", which is also the word for "glutton".

Which is why, back in the 80s, when the French editions of Marvel comics insisted on translating most hero & villain names, "Wolverine" was 'translated' as "Serval" (a type of wild cat which, sadly, has nothing to do with Canada)...

CHECK IT OUT!

I need a Short Acrobat and a Big Hairy guy add-on as well ;-) .

I need a Short Acrobat and a Big Hairy guy add-on as well ;-) .

Puck is one of my favorite members of Alpha Flight so I took a shot at writing him up. I give you, Judd Milton, aka Imp, my Puck knock-off.

Imp
Alias: Judd Milton
Motivation: Adventurer
Origin: Power Endowment

Physique 16
Prowess 19
Alertness 14
Psyche 11

Vitality: 80
Hero Points: 4

Powers:
Acrobat (Supreme): Acrobatic Feint, Acrobatic Jump, Dazzling Attack, Swing into Combat
Martial Artist: Fist Parry, Whirlwind Strike
Vigor
Intensive Training

Last edited:
And might as well post a Sasquatch knock-off as well. I give you Larry Walters, aka Yeti.
***Yeti has one more power than the Medium Power Level which is 5, taking advantage of the optional rule from page 99 of the book.

Yeti
Alias: Larry Walters
Motivation: Adventurer
Origin: Special Project

Physique 20
Prowess 16
Alertness 13
Psyche 11

Vitality: 100
Hero Points: 4

Powers:
Super Strength (Supreme): Strength Level 50
Regeneration: Fast Healing, Super Recovery
Vigor
Scientist
Special Attack (Slashing Attack-Claws)

*Note: Larry must spend a round transforming from his human form into his Yeti form. In human form, Larry only possesses the Scientist power.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back