Cannibalistic Russian Ants

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Soooooo, this is apparently a real thing...

But I'm certain this will turn out fine, right? Right?
The question I have is why did the main nest keep sending ants to an apparent dead end for years. In sufficient numbers to keep hundreds of thousands of ants alive. I assume the alive ones are made up primarily of new ant falling in but man that's a lot of resources to expend in a direction that seems fruitless.

Maybe it was just a treacherous area that, for some reason, stayed flagged as an active route; maybe all the others were blocked, or enough ants were getting back that the colony didn't disable it.

But it's fiiiiine. Ants already massively outnumber us and possibly out biomass us. They're utterly ruthless when they go to war. If they ever decide we're done, I don't think I'd put money on us.

There are so many ants, that if Jeff Bezos converted his fortune into cents and gave one to each ant, he'd run out of money long before running out of ants.

Maybe it was just a treacherous area that, for some reason, stayed flagged as an active route; maybe all the others were blocked, or enough ants were getting back that the colony didn't disable it.

But it's fiiiiine. Ants already massively outnumber us and possibly out biomass us. They're utterly ruthless when they go to war. If they ever decide we're done, I don't think I'd put money on us.

There are so many ants, that if Jeff Bezos converted his fortune into cents and gave one to each ant, he'd run out of money long before running out of ants.
I don't know if I'd bet on ants. It's clear from this there are ways to convince them to go down dead end routes and expend resources. I don't know how deceptive they can be. Plus it would take a great ant leader to destroy the world and I already killed one of those in my last gamma world game. I got this!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back