Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Harl Quinn

Veteran of the Clone Wars
Reaction score
Ages ago, when the Internet was still new to me, I was on the mailing list for the Chaosium Digest and a few other digests, like a Pendragon mailing list and such. I've packed around these items for ages and have watched as their archives have disappeared from the web.

That being said, would the management here be opposed to me posting the old Chaosium Digests so others might peruse their eldritch wisdom and so we might once again have an archive of such knowledge?

Harl

Are there any sort of copyright complications in posting these, or are they purely fan material?

I would be interested in these, even as a zipped up collection of text files.

Are there any sort of copyright complications in posting these, or are they purely fan material?
The Chaosium Digest was a series of discussions, as a bulletin board. Everything was fan-based, there was a lot of discussions and some scenarios, cults and such like.

Harl,

Give me a couple days. I'm probably going to add a resources manager so that people can upload things like this. I'll let you know when it is ready.

Harl,

Give me a couple days. I'm probably going to add a resources manager so that people can upload things like this. I'll let you know when it is ready.
Sounds good. It's all fan material and I've looked around and there are a number of links and whatnot scattered across the net. Putting them into PDF format is definitely a good idea, and I do have the zipped archives as well.

Harl

Can you PDF them?
As far as putting them in PDF format, I think what I'll do is PDF them by Volume, complete with bookmarks and whatnot. I'm going to leave them in Courier type so that text alignment remains in place. I've cut and pasted stuff from them before in order to run games and putting it in Times New Roman makes more formatting work. :p

EDIT: *sigh* I decided to go give putting them in PDF format a try. I don't know if it's my computer or my age, but overall, I can't do it. My computer is a bit slow (yeah, I probably should defrag and free up some space on the hard drive), but I definitely had more patience for reformatting the text 20 years ago. I think the best I can do is wait for the resource manager to be put in action... Until then, the best I can do is open a Dropbox account for archival purposes and post links. I've also tried doing a post of the text of an entire issue and either the forum software didn't like something, or Firefox upchucked. At any rate, links and indices forthcoming.

Harl

Last edited:
Okay, so I've got the Dropbox archive up. You can download everything in a zip file or download individual files. I'll post indices when I have time in the coming days.

EDIT: You can find another archive of sorts with new material here (though I'm sure most of you know of this one already).

Harl

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back