Mechanical4d+1
Sensors1d
Space Transports1d
Technical3d+2
Space Transports Repair1d
Equipment
Stock Light Freighter(owe 6k on)
Datapad, Comlink,Blaster Pistol

Coot'cha tired of living under the corporate thumb of his homeworld. Like many of his race he is a good pilot and a decent trader. He tries to make a living doing whatever it takes as long as it keeps him flying. Legal is preferred but money talks.

Personality: Gregarious. Life's to short not to laugh.

Objective: Keep flying and living as free as he can.

Quote: "You need something delivered somewhere with no questions asked? Coot'cha has another payment installment coming do soon so lets work something out?"

26 - Nightlife

Name: Sir Edmund Rowley
Race: Ghost
Faction: The Commune
Connections: Historian,

Strength: 25
Dexterity: 23
Fitness: 16
Intellect: 20
Will: 33
Perception: 18
Attractiveness: 29
Luck: 24

Survival Points: 40
Hand to Hand Damage: 5

Humanity: 50
Maximum Humanity: 55

Edges

Aura Sight 58 (Range 58 ft, Usage Cost: 1 Humanity)
Corporality 43 (Up to 43 Minutes, Usage Cost: 1 Humanity)
Drain (Fear) 30 (Range Touch, Cost Special)
Event Manipulation 35 (Range 350 ft, Cost: 5 Humanity))
Nocturnal Vision 38 (Range 38 Ft, Cost 1 Humanity)
Weapons Immunity 20

Flaws

Vulnerable to Cold Wrought Iron (15 SP/BT)
Vulnerable to Fire (Double Damage, only in corporal form)
Exorcism (Can be exorcised if someone finds relic and circumstances of death. WILL to resist or else banished from material plane!)
Wardrobe Restriction (WILL roll to appear in something other than English Civil War clothes)
Relic - Own bones in grave (Must spend at least 8 hours near it or lose 1 FIT per day).

Skills

Pistol 32
Sword 30
Heraldry 30
Etiquette (Kin) 30
Horsemanship 30
Hunting 34
City Knowledge 34
Diplomacy 33
Fashion Sense 31
History (English Civil War) 35
Seduction 31
Gambling 30

Background

Sir Charles is the model of the dashing cavalier, all fancy hats and manners. He became a ghost after being caught in a particularly violent Roundhead ambush. While formally pro human, his age has led to him feeling increasingly distant from humanity as anything other than a concept.

Day 26: Godbound

I got up a little early today to tackle this one, knowing Godbound takes a little more effort than a typical B/X game. It still managed to take longer than I expected. Running through character creation for this one made me realize how much I miss this game. It's so, so very good. I wish Kevin would come back to making new material for it.

I present here the reluctant demigod of beasts, endurance & fertility...

Name: Joran Helias

Level: 1
HP: 10 XP: 0
AC: 3

Wealth: 0
Effort: 2
Influence: 2
Dominion: 0

Attributes:
(Format: Value / Modifier / Check)
-------------------------------------------------------
Strength 10 / +0 / 11
Dexterity 14 / +1 / 7
Constitution 16 / +2 / 5
Intelligence 9 / +0 / 12
Wisdom 13 / +1 / 8
Charisma 12 / +0 / 9

Saving Throws: Hardiness 13, Evasion 14, Spirit 14

Weapons:
Bow [Dmg: 1d8+1, Hit: +2, Attr: Dex]
Hunting knife [Dmg: 1d6+1, Hit: +2, Attr: Str/Dex]
Spear [Dmg: 1d8, Hit: +1, Attr: Str]

Armor: None (see Body of Iron Will)

Words: Beasts, Endurance, Fertility

Gifts:
Scent the Prey (Beasts, On Turn, 1pt) - Commit Effort to gain an intuitive awareness of the locations and types of all beasts within a mile radius. You may telepathically summon any of them to come to you as quickly as they can safely do so. Magical or intelligent beasts can refuse to come if they so choose.

Lord of the Wild (Beasts, Constant, 2pts) - Animals instinctively serve and obey you even to the death, carrying out commands as if they had a human intellect. Magical or intelligent beasts get a Spirit saving throw and cannot be commanded to act in a way that seems suicidal to them or completely against their nature.

Body of Iron Will (Endurance, Constant, 1pt) - Your natural armor class is 3. You are impervious to any natural environmental damage, such as that caused by extreme heat, cold, pressure, radiation, or vacuum. Such forces used as a weapon or hazard against you function normally. Armor or shields don't benefit this base AC.

A Second Spring (Fertility, Action, 1pt) - Commit Effort for the day. All allies in sight are refreshed, regaining vigor as if well-fed and rested and healing 1d6 hit points of damage plus the Godbound's level. Unlike most healing effects, recipients need not commit Effort to benefit from this blessing.

Seeds of Death (Fertility, On Turn, 1pt) - Commit Effort. You may induce cancers and killing growths as a 1d10 magic weapon with a 200 foot range, making attack rolls as normal. The first round’s use of this power is imperceptible to onlookers and the victim, but the second and further rounds produce visible tumors and growths. Lesser foes will die of cancer 1d6 months after you use this gift on them, barring magical healing, even if you elect to do no damage with a hit.

Facts:
* He once refused to go to war when called on by his brother the king, which earned him a life of exile.
* While never his primary trade, he is considered by friend and foe alike to be among the best carpenters alive.
* He once gave aid and kindness to an imperiled raider band from across the sea. They have sworn lifelong oaths of friendship with him.

Description:
While more than capable in a fight, Joran has always preferred the satisfaction and comfort of honest labor to more adventurous callings. He loves working in the sun and in the soil, loves the food born of his labor and loves his wife above all else. He's a man who pauses to measure every word before he speaks, which his neighbors swear is a rare enough event.

He's a large, sturdy man with ruddy brown hair and a full beard that lends his appearance more years than he actually has.

His apotheosis came to him unexpectedly. One moment he was sowing seed in a newly tilled patch of land, letting his mind wander as he's given to do. The next moment divine power leapt up within him and suddenly every field was grown to full, ripe with an abundant harvest.Animals from all around were also there: boar and bear, deer and elk, ducks and geese. All had come to answer some unheard summons, and he knew they'd obey him.

He tried to keep his newfound divinity a secret, to continue living his life as he had been. But rumor of his abilities spread like wildfire throughout the region. Now there are some that look to him as some sort of savior. Others look at him as an imminent threat to their power.

He cannot go back to life as it was.

Goal: To safeguard his adopted homeland against the ravages of a world slowly slipping into darkness.

edit: added armor class as it was missing.

Last edited:
Day 26: Nemesis, Arc Dream Publishing
(One-Roll Engine meets Lovecraft)

Name: Dr. Dolores Brandtwood
Background: Professor of Occult Studies
Dice: 75 (Cinematic)

Body: 3
Coordination: 3 (Driving 2, Shotgun 1)
Sense: 4 (Sight 2, Search 2)
Mind: 4 (Ancient Greek 3, Arabic 3, Archaeology 3, Education 4, First Aid 2, Latin 3, Occult 4)
Command: 3
Empathy: 3 (Persuasion 3)

Traits: None
Spells: None

Gear: Varies by situation, but typically what would normally be expected for an academic performing fieldwork. She knows how to use a shotgun from a little time spent shooting clays, but isn't generally armed.

Backstory: Dr. Brandtwood is a somewhat well-known authority among her peers in the niche field of occult studies. As such, she is often called on for consulting with government agencies or to be interviewed on various subjects. She is knowledgeable in several languages as well, and is generally rather observant. Despite her intellectual orientation, Dr. Brandtwood is certainly willing to get involved in fieldwork as well when necessary. Her interest in the occult is purely academic (so far, anyway), and she does not personally believe in it, being a staunch rationalist. To her, the idea that she would ever personally interact with the supernatural is preposterous...

For Character 26, I will be using the Straight to VHS Version 0.5 Playtest Rulebook, a game I have been intrigued by for a while. As one might guess from the title, this game is intended to emulate those awful, yet amazingly fun action movies that went straight to VHS in the ‘80s & early ‘90s.

This game is simple enough that I was able to read the entire 95 pages in about an hour, which I consider to be a positive quality. And I am not a fast reader. It’s also another game with specific examples in the rulebook, which is much appreciated. I hate that the rulebook calls successful die rolls “Passes” rather than something like, ya know, “Successes,” but so far, that’s my only issue.

I’m pressed for time, so I’m not going to explain this one step-by-step, I’m just going to do it.

Greetings, I am Papa Diskdrive, the Voodoo Cyborg. I’m easy to recognize by my top hat, teeth necklace, lack of shirt, black leather trenchcoat, old jeans, and motorcycle boots. I ride in on a low-slung silver chopper. Some have told me I’m the baddest badass in Orleans Parish. That’s not quite true yet, but it will be. I talk with spirits, I have weapons and tools built into my body that allow me to kick ass, and I look great doing it! I’m also haunted by the relatives I lost in the hurricane. My friend group is pretty normal though. They’re not the sorts you’d really expect to find hanging around a voodoo cyborg, but they’re alright.

HP TRACK
3 Hearts, 3 Shields

STATS
Accuracy 3
Athletics 2
Charisma 0
Intellect 3
Spycraft 0
Strength 1

MOVE DISTANCE
Close

SKILLS
Sight +1
Technology +1
Imminent Danger +1

FLAWS
None (I didn’t deliberately build to have zero flaws, it just worked out that way. I’d actually prefer to have some).

MELEE WEAPON
Metal Fists

RANGED WEAPON
.45 Fingers

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Calibration
Grab-o-Tron
Nowhere to Hide
Double Edged
Into the Fire
You Owe Me One

Day 25

Hey, y'all! I'm playing a little catch-up again! A stomach bug knocked this bug out for two days, but I'm feeling much better now, so here goes.

My catch-up character is an NPC that I'm whipping up for Castles & Crusades. Here she is ...

Laeoleth

Class: Assassin (Level 1, XP 0)
Race: Elf

ABILITIES
Strength
13 (+1), Dexterity (P) 17 (+2), Constitution 13 (+1), Intelligence 12 (+0), Wisdom (P) 12 (+0), Charisma 8 (-1)

COMBAT STATS
HP
: 7, AC: 15 (-Dexterity: 13, Touch: 12), Move: 30

ATTACKS
Short Sword
+1 Hit, 1d6+1 Damage
Dagger +1 Hit, 1d4+1 Damage
Short Bow (20 Arrows), +2 Hit, 1d6 Damage

ELVEN ABILITIES
Ability Score Increase
Enhanced Senses
Move Silently (adds +2 to assassin ability)
Spell Resistance (+1)
Spot Hidden Doors (+1)
Twilight Vision
Weapon Training

ASSASSIN ABILITIES
Case Target (+1)
Climb (+3)
Death Attack
Disguise (+0)
Hide (+3)
Listen (+3)
Move Silently (+5)
Poisons (+1)
Sneak Attack
Traps (+1)

EQUIPMENT
Short sword, Dagger (x2), Short bow, Quiver w/20 arrows, Leather armor, Buckler, Cloak (black/grey reversible), 13 gold pieces

So, I didn't really have a concept when I started making Laeoleth. I knew two things: 1) I just purchased the Fantasy Grounds Unity C&C ruleset, and 2) I'm going to start a C&C campaign once my 5E Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign is done. I actually dragged and dropped "Assassin" onto my character sheet accidentally when testing out the software, but then I decided to go with it. I'm thinking that Laeoleth will have been sent to assassinate a local lord as part of a much larger plan on the part of an elven enclave to strike back at the humans that invaded their lands generations ago. I'm thinking that the characters will start off as villagers living on said lord's lands. I'm drawing a bit of inspiration from The Dragon Prince in that regard, but I don't know that Laeoleth will last much beyond the attempted assassination. We'll see how it goes. I've still got about 33% of Rime of the Frostmaiden to go, so it'll be a while.

Last edited:
Day 26

And here is today's character. Let's go with Castles and Crusades again ...

Aelevos

Class: Illusionist (Level 1, XP 0)
Race: Elf

ABILITIES
Strength 9
(+0), Dexterity 15 (+1), Constitution 9 (+0), Intelligence (P) 14 (+1), Wisdom 11 (+0), Charisma (P) 13 (+1)

COMBAT STATS
HP
: 4, AC: 11 (-Dexterity: 10, Touch: 11), Move: 30

ATTACKS
Short sword
+1 Hit, 1d6 Damage
Dart, +2 Hit, 1d3 Damage

ELVEN ABILITIES
Ability Score Increase
Enhanced Senses
Move Silently (+4)
Spell Resistance (+1)
Spot Hidden Doors (+1)
Twilight Vision
Weapon Training (+1 to hit w/short sword)

ILLUSIONIST ABILITIES
Bonus Spells (+1 1st Level Spell)
Disguise (+2)
Sharp Senses (+2)
Spells (0 Level: Dancing Lights, Detect Illusion, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation), 1st Level: Color Spray, Hypnotism)

EQUIPMENT
Spellbook, Short Sword, Darts (x3), 49 gold pieces

I'm not sure what to do with Alevos. I started to make him as a partner to Laeoleth, and I might still go that way, but I might also make him aware of but opposed to the assassination plot, and therefore an NPC that can tip off and maybe ally with the PCs. Not sure yet. Also, he's got plenty of gold to outfit himself further, but I'm going to hold off on using it until I have a better sense of who he is. (Same goes for Laeolith.)

Day #26
Timelords 2nd edition

Bunch McBunchson
Age 50
Height 5'11"
Weight 89.5 kg
Race White/Hispanic
Background Gamer, Chemical Engineer, Computer programmer, Dad
Physical/Mental Speed: 9/16
Level/Apt/Bank:0
Attribute: value/aptitude
Strength:8/2
Constitution:11/3
Intelligence:16/4
Dexterity:10/3
Willpower:8/2
Bravado:13/3
Appearance:10/3
Perception:11/3
Stamina:10/3

Matrix Lag:18

Body Points:32

Skills
Pistol-6
Rifle-6
Heavy Machine Gun -4
Slingshot-11
Rapier-5
Automobile-10
Small Sailboat-10
Powerboat-10
Small Man Powered Boat -10
Carpentry-6
Plumbing-6
Electrician-5
Weaver-5
Area Knowledge (King County WA)-10
Area Knowledge (Los Angeles)-5
Area Knowledge (Pullman)-9
Area Knowledge (Seattle)-10
Drinking-5
Gambling-6
Navigation-5
Swimming-6
Camping-5
Chemical Engineering-10
Computer Science-11

Inventory:
Pocket Knife, Wallet, Keys to a Suburban, Glasses(bifocals), clothes, warm jacket, hat, pixel 6 cell phone

Ten year old me misses those straight to VHS action movies. Especially all the ninja-themed ones. My kids never take chances on movies like that. I forced them all to watch Big Trouble in Little China one day and you'd have thought I was committing crimes against humanity.

Heck, one of my players inveigled my wife and I to watch that, and we were about ready to commit crimes against humanity by about a third of the way in ...

Day 27:

Explodo!
(System agnostic supers character)

So ... Explodo is something of an unusual superhero. He’s got the usual training for the role: smart, fast, strong, skilled in mixed martial arts, Olympic-level athlete, reasonable investigation skills, reasonably streetwise. He couldn’t TAKE Captain America in a fight, granted, but it wouldn’t be a walkover. A proper four color type who has all the right Codes – against killing, against crime, against offering offense to small children and the elderly, you name the virtue, Explodo has the virtue.

And he has his one superpower. It runs in his family, ever since his grandfather was on the wrong US Navy tanker down range from the infamous Castle Bravo nuclear test. He can explode – with the force of a one-megaton nuclear warhead!

... once.

So far (obviously), Explodo hasn’t seen fit to use his power, but remains a cheerful, industrious hero, working within his other limitations to bring Truth, Justice and the Non-Nuclear American Way. He’s a good team player, and would happily join any good-guy team that would have him. Just wants a bunch that isn’t constantly worrying that they’re well within the blast radius, doncha know.

For Character 26, I will be using the Straight to VHS Version 0.5 Playtest Rulebook, a game I have been intrigued by for a while. As one might guess from the title, this game is intended to emulate those awful, yet amazingly fun action movies that went straight to VHS in the ‘80s & early ‘90s.

This game is simple enough that I was able to read the entire 95 pages in about an hour, which I consider to be a positive quality. And I am not a fast reader. It’s also another game with specific examples in the rulebook, which is much appreciated. I hate that the rulebook calls successful die rolls “Passes” rather than something like, ya know, “Successes,” but so far, that’s my only issue.

I’m pressed for time, so I’m not going to explain this one step-by-step, I’m just going to do it.

Greetings, I am Papa Diskdrive, the Voodoo Cyborg. I’m easy to recognize by my top hat, teeth necklace, lack of shirt, black leather trenchcoat, old jeans, and motorcycle boots. I ride in on a low-slung silver chopper. Some have told me I’m the baddest badass in Orleans Parish. That’s not quite true yet, but it will be. I talk with spirits, I have weapons and tools built into my body that allow me to kick ass, and I look great doing it! I’m also haunted by the relatives I lost in the hurricane. My friend group is pretty normal though. They’re not the sorts you’d really expect to find hanging around a voodoo cyborg, but they’re alright.

HP TRACK
3 Hearts, 3 Shields

STATS
Accuracy 3
Athletics 2
Charisma 0
Intellect 3
Spycraft 0
Strength 1

MOVE DISTANCE
Close

SKILLS
Sight +1
Technology +1
Imminent Danger +1

FLAWS
None (I didn’t deliberately build to have zero flaws, it just worked out that way. I’d actually prefer to have some).

MELEE WEAPON
Metal Fists

RANGED WEAPON
.45 Fingers

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Calibration
Grab-o-Tron
Nowhere to Hide
Double Edged
Into the Fire
You Owe Me One

I was in such a hurry to get this posted that I left out two of Papa Diskdrive's most important details:

TROPE 1
Cyborg

TROPE 2
Bravehearted

Last edited:
I quite liked the Tricube Tales-based game, Interstellar Mech War, that I posted upthread. Today, for character 27, I'll be using another Tricube Tales-based game, Interstellar Bounty Hunters. This is another 2-page game.

Choose a trait: Crafty

Select a concept: Bounty-bot

Pick a perk: Jetpack

Select a quirk: Imperial past. (It's clear that this game could easily be used to play not-Star Wars, and in Star Wars the Empire had some anti-droid prejudice, but one of the joys of not-Star Wars is that I'm not beholden to Star Wars canon. I mean, I wouldn't let myself be constrained by Star Wars canon even if I was running actual Star Wars, but it's nice for it to be a 100% non-issue).

Grab 3 Karma and 3 Resolve tokens: okay.

Make up a name & introduce yourself to the group: "Greetings, you fleshy wastes of space. I am ZXR-77, a droid craftily designed to hunt bounties, and I'm better at it than you. What's that? You heard I used to work for the Empire? I'm sure I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about."

Describe your role on the PC's starship: "While we're en route, I investigate leads on possible bounties. I leave the actual flying of the ship to my worthless fleshbag compatriots."

Roll on the table to generate the latest job: Happily! Track down and capture or kill a mysterious asset from somewhere on a forest paradise while dealing with unexpected betrayal.

Yay, ready to play!

Day 27: Rocket Age

For those who don't know it, Rocket Age is a rockets and rayguns game that takes place in an alt-historical 1938. In this alternate history, Albert Einstein and Nikolai Tesla hop in a rocket ship and together make first contact with life on Mars. The solar system is found to be teeming with life, from Venus to the moons of Jupiter. Here, the Nazis and fascists of WWII are threats to ways of life on entire worlds.

The Rocket Rangers are an elite US-based fighting force that are part Buck Rogers and part The Rocketeer. I am, frankly, surprised it took me this long to tackle it as part of this challenge.

Character creation is point based, with pre-built packages for species and occupation. These packages have a point cost that is deducted from the starting budget of 42 points. Any points leftover may be spent as the player wishes.

Name: Justin Day Age: 32
Species: Earthling

Attributes:
----------------
Awareness 4
Coordination 5
Ingenuity 2
Presence 2
Resolve 3
Strength 2

Skills:
----------------
Athletics 3
Fighting 3
Marksman 5
Science 1
Subterfuge 2
Survival 3
Technology 1
Transport 3

Traits:
----------------
Brave (Minor Good)
Charming (Minor Good)
Code of Conduct (Major Bad)
Fighting Man (Minor Good)
Friends (Minor Good)
Item (Mark III Rocket Pack; Special Good)
Item (Ray Pistol; Special Good)
Item (Rocket Ranger Space Armor; Special Good)
Obligation (Major Bad)
Quick Reflexes (Minor Good)
Rocket Man (Minor Good)
Voice of Authority (Minor Good)

Background:
As far back as he can remember, Justin has always idolized the Rocket Rangers. Practically from the time he could walk, he knew one day he'd join their ranks. He was more than ready for the grueling eight month long training. He'd practically been training all his life. It came as a surprise to noone that he graduated at the top of his class.

Now, as one of the elite, he's determined to be the best of them all.

His first mission, unfortunately, was an absolute disaster. It was supposed to be easy for a recruit of his caliber. An invaluable and unspeakably ancient piece of Martian art was stolen while on exhibit in Washing DC. It was Justin's job to find it and return it so that an interplanetary incident could be avoided. Justin caught up with the perpetrators of the crime and, in his zeal to bring them to justice, managed to destroy the artwork.

So much for being the best. It took years of being a probationary Ranger to earn back the trust he lost that day.

Now word comes of the Nazis having discovered an ancient yet operation Martian War Walker. Justin finds himself assigned to a special task force charged with either recovering the weapon of war, or destroying it. With the balance of power in the solar system at stake - not to mention countless lives - failure is simply not an option.

And I'm behind again, but not as much as I used to be:grin:!
Scratch that. Now I'm just as much behind as I used to be, and more:thumbsup:.

So of course I'm going to post a character for the crunchiest system I'd play: Legends of the Wulin!

Lin Xiaoma is a nice girl. She was always trying to be a nice girl. It's just that people who like using their hands too much, might end up falling and breaking one of them...but how is that Lin's fault?!?
With an attitude like that, she was a prospective candidate for the Resplendent Phoenixes, but that was not the will of Heavens! No, she finds the Phoenixes laughable - if anything, she finds that their ideas of using the Empire do not benefit the women of Shen Zhou one bit. Unless they believe they're the only women of Shen Zhou, maybe? If so, she's willing to prove them otherwise... with her fists, of course! Not much for debate, she is.
But she believes in the power of money. So she is following the path of the Eagle Talons.
Oh, and she is using an oversized mace, which she calls "Melon-Smasher". Unless she gets angry.
Then she switches to her empty hands and starts rending people apart...

So without further ado...
Lin Xiaoma
Warrior
Hardiness 10 (Focus on Breath)
Tactics 10
Wu Wei 10
Confidence 5 (Resisting Courtier Arts)

Righteous Virtues:
Benevolence 2
Force 5
Honor 3
Loyalty 5
Righteousness 3

Corrupt Virtues:
Ferocity 2
Individualism 1
Obsession 1
Revenge 2
Ruthlessness 1

Chi: 13 (37 Cultivation)
External Style: Bone-Fed Wolf Fang
March Towards Hell 4 (Flood one die, and your Strike creates a Disrupt or Disorient Marvel if it hits!)

Internal Style: Nine Sun Birds
1. Cry of the Golden Crow
2. Three-Legged Shuffle
2. Light Diffused by Clouds
3. Flight of the Golden Crow
4. Crow Eclipses the Sun
5. Reincarnating Nine Brothers

Loresheets:
Eagle Talons 3
Status 3 (suitable for a starting character, I'd say)
2 Contacts: Tea Traders (her father in the Shenli - a.k.a. the normal people's world - is a tea trader; she knows quite a few of those and they know her, and might be willing to give her at least information)
2 Eagle Claws Technique ("your Unarmed fighting counts as Unarmed/Saber")
5 Technique: Heavenly General (Related to CotGC and RNB).

Notes:
She must learn the first technique of her External style, which applies a defense bonus against anyone she'd Disrupted or Disoriented (and remember, she does that pretty much immediately) as soon as she humanly could.. However, since she doesn't have that many skills to inflict Marvels, she needed that External Upgrade...and that didn't leave enough points.
I admit that applying Marvels is one of my favourite tricks, too.
After that? Warrior Arts related to Disrupt and Disorient Marvels, and then additional Internal techniques. Probably another External as well, in order to avoid giving away Laugh At/Fear bonuses (BFWF has pretty easy Fears to trigger, in fact some styles she's likely to meet pretty much trigger them just by being themselves).

Also, she's got pretty much the maximum Chi one could start with: a hefty 13!

And that was it...for 12-01-2022:grin:!

Day 27. It's an En Garde! character!

Even better, if you like the look of him, let me know and you will play him in my online En Garde! game. (Ooo, that was impressive amounts of self impression).

Name: Lorin Verninac
Birth: Bastard Son of a Small Merchant from Provence
Starting Social Level: 2
Starting Funds: 20
Allowance: 4
Languages: French, Italian, German

Strength: 8
Constitution: 17
Endurance: 125
Expertise: 10

Military Ability: 3
Administration: 4
Artistic Ability: 6
Dancing: 3
Etiquette: 2
Medical Ability: 2
Musical Ability: 2
Legal Ability: 1
Pistol: 5
Thievery: 6

Notes: Definite a potential for a rags to riches story. He'd make a passable soldier or merchant, an excellent artist or could live dangerously and rob other characters.

Day 27: Lies and Spies - X!, Beyond Belief Games
(OSR 50's - 60's Espionage)

Name: Jason "Horrible" Horrigan
Class: Enforcer

Strength: 13 (+1 bonus)
Intelligence: 9
Wisdom: 9
Dexterity: 6 (-1 penalty)
Constitution: 16 (+2 bonus)
Charisma: 12

Hit Points: 12
Base Hit Bonus: +2 melee/+0 ranged
Armor Class: 12 (+2 class, +1 armor, -1 dex)

Languages: English
Usable Weapons: Any
Class Abilities:
-- Combat Machine: 1 extra attack per round against enemies of 1 hit die or less
-- Enforcer Background Skill - Builder/Laborer: +2 to task checks on related rolls
-- Vehicle Use: +2 to task checks with wheeled or tracked vehicles
-- Weapon Trained - Fists: +1 to attacks and damage with unarmed attacks

Advantages/Disadvantages: None

Gear: Varies by mission, but typically carries brass knuckles and an automatic pistol with ammunition, and wears a leather jacket (1 extra Acquisition Point of gear remaining)

Backstory: Some spies are suave and glamorous; others are clever and have formidable intellects. Jason is neither of these. Instead, he is a simple man who is adept at solving problems, as long as the method involves using his fists (or a gun if necessary, but it's not his preference). Before being recruited into his agency of employ, he alternated between working random construction jobs and working as a bouncer at some of the worst dives around. His approach is blunt and direct, but sometimes that's what's needed, especially when it comes to extracting VIPs, protecting the rest of his team, or neutralizing enemy agents between the team and an objective. Time will tell if Jason makes it in the dangerous world of global espionage, but for now, there is no shortage of work for someone like him.

Day 28:

Silver Jak
(GURPS fantasy character, 200 pts)

ST: 12
DX: 12
IQ: 13
HT: 12

ADVANTAGES: Blessed; Charisma/1; Claim to Hospitality/5; Detect Good or Evil; Fearlessness/1; Knack / Ward; Musical Ability/3; Reputation/+3 (all mountain folk, 12-); Signature Gear / silver-strung mandolin; Social Regard: Respected; Surefooted; Will Bonus/2.

DISADVANTAGES: Code of Honor (Hillfolk); Compulsive Behavior (Wanderlust); Pacifism: Reluctant killer; Poor Wealth; Sense of Duty: acquaintances.

SKILLS: Animal Handling-12; Area Knowledge (hills)-16; Brawling-14; Carousing-14; Carpentry-13; Climbing-12; Farming-12; First Aid-13; Folklore-18; Herbalist-12; Herb Lore-11; Hidden Lore (spirit)-14; Hiking-14; Literature-11; Literature (musical)-15; Musical Composition-15; Musical Instrument (mandolin)-18; Occultism-14; Public Speaking-13; Savoir-Faire (mountain country)-14; Shortsword-12; Singing-15; Survival (mountain)-14.

QUIRKS: Careless of danger; Fanatically protective of mandolin; Modest; Taboo skill: can't ride; Jak, just Jak; Makes up songs as he walks.

Deciding to pay homage to one of my favorite all-time literary characters – Manly Wade Wellman’s “Silver John” – I wrote this pastiche into my fantasy campaign nearly twenty years ago. I’m pleased that he’s proven a popular NPC the times parties have stumbled into his stomping grounds. The description below is reasonably faithful to the original, and I heartily urge people to make their acquaintance with the real deal through Wellman’s works.

Anyhow. Jak – he admits to no other name – is a wandering minstrel in the mountain country. He stays nowhere for very long, although the mountain folk revere him, and he’s made welcome everywhere he goes. He’s not in the least degree materialist (his possessions amount to a duffle bag, the clothes on his back and his mandolin), and won’t take money for singing or playing – all he’ll accept is a meal, a mug of good mountain liquor, and a place by the hearth to spread his bedroll. Well, that and a good song: one of the things that impels him from mountain vale to mountain vale is collecting new songs and stories to add to the encyclopedic collection in his head.

And something else. He has a nose for supernatural trouble, and some abilities to confront and deal with it. “Evil” magic tends not to bite on him, and he’s got a good bit of folksy knowledge about the supernatural. Still, he tries to work peacefully (he doesn’t actually carry a shortsword; that skill is to swing a makeshift club made from the nearest suitable chunk of wood), but he’s not afraid of a scrap.

As a NPC, Silver Jak’s a helpful fellow, willing to aid people in trouble, or those who show courtesy and respect for the mountain culture and ways. For the most part, though, he’ll stay in the mountains, and feels a fish out of water in the lowlands.

A few explanations for those of you unfamiliar with GURPS. That “knack” advantage is from 3rd edition, something left out of 4th: effectively, he can attempt to counter hostile spells thrown either at him or someone nearby, as a natural talent. Those -18 skill levels are very high: Jak’s regarded as the best mandolin player around, and his skill isn’t far off of the system standard for “best in the world.” The Detect Good or Evil thing is that he’s got an instinctive feel for whether people are good solid folk, or wicked all the way through; it’s also a sense for the sacred and the unholy.

Day #27
Tales from the Floating Vagabond

Og
Cro-Magnon Man
Barbarian
Strength: 7
Smarts: 1
Nimble: 4
Luck: 2
Cool: 1
Aim: 3
Common Sense: 1
Oops! Points: 18

Schtick: Rambo Effect
Skills (Attribute) Level Skill Roll
Berserker Rage (Strength) Expert 10
Break Things (Strength) Hack 9
Lift Things (Strength) Hack 9
Sneak Around (Nimble) Dabbler 5

Inventory
Brass knuckles, Spear, Leather Armor, Shield, Horse, 1,200 Bucks

Day #27
Tales from the Floating Vagabond

Og
Cro-Magnon Man
Barbarian
Strength: 7
Smarts: 1
Nimble: 4
Luck: 2
Cool: 1
Aim: 3
Common Sense: 1
Oops! Points: 18

Schtick: Rambo Effect
Skills (Attribute) Level Skill Roll
Berserker Rage (Strength) Expert 10
Break Things (Strength) Hack 9
Lift Things (Strength) Hack 9
Sneak Around (Nimble) Dabbler 5

Inventory
Brass knuckles, Spear, Leather Armor, Shield, Horse, 1,200 Bucks
First action in character: eat the horse:shade:?

Day 28: Star Wars (WEG 1e)

Short and sweet today with a character I intended for way back somewhere in the first 10 days.

Name: Kyx Erikol
Archetype: The Outlaw
Credits: 1,000

Dexterity 4D
-- Blaster 6D
-- Dodge 5D

Knowledge 3D
-- Streetwise 4D

Mechanical 2D+2

Perception 2D
-- Con 3D
-- Hide/Sneak 3D
-- Search 3D

Strength 3D+1

Technical 3D

Equipment:
dual heavy blaster pistols

Background:
She was pressed into doing a job she wanted no part in. When she failed, they killed her loved ones as a warning to those that would follow her. Now she's out for revenge. Empire or Rebellion, none of it matters. Anyone aligned with the Syndicate and their interests is going to pay dearly for their choice in friends.

Maahes

Drive: Justice

Might: Exceptional Superhuman
Agility: Exceptional Superhuman
Toughness: Exceptional Planetary
Intellect : Spectacular Human
Knowledge: Exceptional Superhuman
Resolve: Spectacular Planetary

Powers:
Heat & Light Control: Maahes is an Egyptian deity whom myths claim is the God of Summer heat, as such he can generate and control heat (and sunlight) at Exceptional Planetary ability

Superskill: Blades, Maahes is a god of knives as well as summer heat he has Spectacular Planetary ability to use bladed weapon
Body Armor: As an albeit minor deity incarnation Maahes has Exceptional superhuman protection from energy and physical attacks.

Superspeed: Exceptional Planetary ability to react and run at superspeed.

Maahes, is a deity of war,weather, protection, justice, lotuses, and knives in Egyptian mythology and is the son of Ptah, and either Bast or Sekhmet.

He is sometimes called the Lord of Slaughter (killing many people with heat.) Also the Wielder of Knife, and the Scarlet Lord.
In modern day this incarnation is a superhero who uses his speed and ability to unleash heat and light to bring people to justice (He understand modern laws, so running around killng people with a knife even if just, is not appropriate in the 21'st Century.)

Art is ancient forgive me!

Attachments

• d82ef8-90f6aeeb-7f5e-45ba-bbc4-9352fdc210d4.jpg
    d82ef8-90f6aeeb-7f5e-45ba-bbc4-9352fdc210d4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
For Character 28, I will be using Chrome Shells & Neon Streets, a Tricube Tales cyberpunk game.

Trait: Agile
Concept: Wheelman
Quirk: Glory hound
3 Karma & 3 Resolve
Name & introduction: "Greetings, folks, I'm Wheels McSpeed, your new getaway driver. Yes, that is my real name. No, seriously. Wanna head down to the racetrack and watch me do my thing?"

Rolling for the latest job:

The crew must exchange a dangerous fugitive inside a repair shop while dealing with Corporate Goons.

After paying my dues with LotW, here's a Wushu character...

Quan Joe was living his life quite happily as an otaku in a Midwestern school. Usually those don't have otakus, but their school does ever since he joined...
The main outlet for his feelings has lately been that MMORPG that everyone is playing and everyone is talking about. Nobody knows who is behind his character, who is now pretty famous within the game. So much so, he is actually getting famous.
Nobody would believe him if he told them, either. They would be horrified to learn it was Quan Joe.
Except now for some reason nobody can log out...

Most Powerful Character Eva! 5
Nerdy Education 4
Isekai Protagonist 3

Weakness: Secretly An Otaku 1

And that's my entry for 13-01-2022...:devil:

Day 28 Largely forgotten early English RPG Heroes.

Name: Paternus
Sex: Male
Nationality: Tyrantia
Social Background: Escaped Serf
Alignment: 3D (Chaotic Neutral)

Strength: 11
Agility:2
Intellect: 12
Personality & Charm: 3
Berserker Potential: 3
Missile Shooting: 9
Close Combat: 9

Personal Appearance: 7 (Character is passably handsome)
Social Level: 2

Starting Equipment: 2 Knifes, 13 Obols

Special Knowledge: Farming, Partial Woodcraft

Background: Paternus arrives at the gates of Triente determined to taste every opportunity freedom has to offer and to never be made a serf again. His high intelligence should help him build a new life but unfortunately his rather dull personality is likely to hinder making new friends.

Day 28: HOSTILE, Zozer Games
(Gritty late 70's/early 80's-inspired science fiction, using the Cepheus Engine)

Katelyn Darlington, Ex-Marine Captain
Marines 3, Age 30

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 9
Endurance: 11
Intelligence: 7
Education: 6
Social Standing: 6

Homeworld: Earth (free skill: Ground Vehicle-1)
Background Skill: Comms-0

Skills: Blade Combat-1, Comms-0, Gambling-1, Ground Vehicle-2, Gun Combat-1, Survival-1, Vacc Suit-1

Gear: ASA Taurus Auto Pistol with 6 Magazines, Ballistic Vest, Combat Knife, Wristwatch, Binoculars, Star Envoy Club Membership Pass, $3,540

Backstory: Katelyn enlisted in the Marines as soon as she was finished with high school, seeing it as no worse an option than working a grunt job in an overcrowded and polluted Earth city. She took well to military life, and was commissioned as a Lieutenant in her first term of service, receiving a promotion to Captain soon after that as well. For some time after that, her service was not particularly eventful, spending time deployed to various outposts and performing fairly routine support missions. That changed when her company was sent to rescue the inhabitants of an aquaculture colony on a distant world, where her unit saw fierce combat against ocean-dwelling exomorphs, and she was badly injured in the fighting. Despite taking losses, though, her unit saved the colonists, and the colony's corporate sponsors rewarded her with membership in the prestigions Star Envoy Club for her efforts. Now, with her military days behind her, she works as a freelance security consultant and occasional bodyguard, spending time in starport bars and casinos between jobs.

Late to the party but...

(White Box FMAG + the dual-wielding and helmet rules from Justin's House Rules for OD&D)

Reego Higgins
Lawful Male Halfling
Class: Fighter

Str 11
Int 10
Wis 10
Dex 11
Con 12
Cha 4

Hit Points: 4
Armor Class: 5 [14]
Saving Throw: 14 (+2 vs. death and poison, +4 vs. magic)
Move: 6

Armor:
Chain mail {50 lbs}
Helmet
Shield {10 lbs}

Weapons: Sword, short (1d6-1) {5 lbs}, Dagger (1d6-1) {2 lbs}, and Sling (30') and pouch with 20 stones (1d6) {3 lb together}

Misc. Equipment: Backpack, large sack, bedroll, tent, flint and steel, 5 days' dry rations, waterskin, 6 torches {20lbs*}

Currency: 4gp

Total encumbrance: 90 lbs

Character concept/backstory: After nearly drowning in the creek near his shire, Reego awoke to find he had memories of a past life as the great wizard Orez Eno. Despite a complete lack of magical talent, he set out to live up to his past self’s legacy of heroism and to settle unfinished business, including finding his long-lost elven wife, Katerabrina. (Note: Orez Eno is still alive, although he’s long since retired from adventuring. Also, Katerabrina isn’t actually missing — that’s just the story he told everyone after she divorced him.)**

* WhiteBox doesn't specify misc equipment weight, but suggests a "normal" amount is 10 lbs. I'm judging that the tent and rations push this above normal, so I'm rounding up to 20. I'm over the 75 lb limit for full move either way.

** Reego's backstory actually has a backstory of its own: he's an expy of another character I played a couple of years ago in a 5e FR game: a gnome ranger who believed he was the reincarnation of Drizzt Do'Urden. Yes, he was as annoying as he sounds.

EDIT: Left out flint and steel and miscalculated gold left over; had to drop two days' rations
EDIT: Just realized the AC was still based on him using a shield, which I dropped in favor of dual-wielding

Last edited:
Day #28
Five Ancient Kingdoms

Kassim the Knife
Class:Thief +10%xp
Motto: I would risk death for fortune.
Alignment:Chaos
Str.14 +1 force doors,locks
Int.14 +1 detection +1 languages
Wis.9
Dex.17 +1 missile attack
Con.8
Cha.13
So:8

HD:1
HP:4
Advantage: Tumbler.
Special Abilities:Climb Sheer,Contortion,Disguise,Find/Disarm Traps,Hide in Shadows, Move Stealthy, Pick Locks

Coin:100
Inventory:sling,dagger,greaves&plates,lock picks

Day 29:

“Sticks”
(GURPS fantasy character)

ST: 12
DX: 12
IQ: 10
HT: 12

Parry: 13

ADVANTAGES:
Claws/Cutting HTH; Combat Reflexes; Damage Resistance/DR 1 (racial), Enhanced Parry/2 (singlesticks); Fearsome Stare; Iron Hands; Night Vision/2; Reach Mastery; Temperature Tolerance/1; Tough Guy talent/2 (takes reaction bonus).

DISADVANTAGES: Callous; Code of Honor (Gang); Hidebound; Light Sleeper; Selfish; Sense of Duty: co-religionists; Social Stigma: Criminal Record; Status/-1 (gutter scum); Struggling Wealth

SKILLS: Area Knowledge-11; Brawling-14; Fast-Talk-11; First Aid-10; Forced Entry-14; Gambling-10; Game of Moons-11; Intimidation-13; Massage-12; Religious Ritual-8; Sex Appeal-12; Shadowing-12; Shortsword-14; Streetwise-13.

QUIRKS: "Don’t even." (taps his stick in his other palm); Pious Upuaut follower; Status conscious; Won't give his real name.

Sticks is a Fristle† working for one of the criminal bosses near the docks. Mostly he’s a bodyguard, bouncer at once of the boss’ gaming establishments, or he’s dispatched as a legbreaker to collect delinquent loans. Sometimes he moonlights as a masseur at the Mercenaries’ Guild grange; the soldiers joke that Sticks beats them up more on the massage table than they get hit in workouts. The name seemingly comes from the weighted hardwood singlesticks he carries; he’s pretty good in a fight, but prefers to intimidate instead. He’s pretty good at that too. Less fuss that way.

Beyond that, he’s always been a take-it-as-they-come sort. Doesn’t get mad (just gets even), doesn’t have particular vices, gambles a little, but only for penny stakes and for the fun of it. If he has any ambition, he hasn’t shown it.

Except: he’s recently found religion. Some of the mercenaries invited him to a service at the Flame God’s temple (it’s not that he’s any more of a rough cob than they are), and he’s taken to the faith. He attends services and rituals regularly now, has learned a little of the liturgy, and found a sense of belonging and spiritual centering beyond the legbreaking. He sometimes helps out now at the neighborhood shrine, cleaning up and soaking in the priestess’ instruction. So far, he keeps his lives separate.

I built Sticks on 105 pts. He’s a viable fantasy character as it stands, but say dump 20 more points in – buy off struggling, bump the Enhanced Parry another level, toss in another couple utility skills – and he’d look real good.

A few explanations: Iron Hands is enhanced DR on the hands alone, a Muay Thai thing rather than that they’re armored. Reach Mastery allows for an extra hex of reach for his weapon, something that comes as an unpleasant surprise to folks. Hidebound means he’s really set in his ways, and isn’t much good at learning new skills. Game of Moons is a mancala-like game in my setting, popular as a gambling game. His Religious Ritual skill level is really about just making the right responses at the right times: “Holy Fire, hold my oath” and suchlike.

† - A feline race on my gameworld; the Claws, DR, Temperature Tolerance, Light Sleeper, Selfish, Status Conscious and the Sex Appeal skill being racial traits.

sticks definite!.jpg

Day 29: OVA

I was originally going to do a Mythras character today. But 29 days into this challenge and I'm running low on creative juices. So I used a random generator to help with character ideas and this is what I got:
This controlling, distinctive-looking young woman with a mysterious device comes from the next town over and lives with a small family in an old house.

Well, okay. What's the device? Another roll on a table netted me this result: A small mystic symbol worn on a pendant.

Now, all of a sudden. I'm thinking "magical girl", and decide the pendant allows for magical illusions to be created. Only I've never really watched any magical girl anime, nor read any manga (the only manga I ever read was Alita: Battle Angel). But it's too late to back out now. The old engine has turned over in my head, and instead of a magical girl I latch onto the idea of a young martial artist, trained and skilled in Bōjutsu (Bo/staff fighting). She uses the aforementioned magical pendant to distract and confuse opponents. I decided she was sent to live with this family in order to train with her master and learn discipline.

So, back to OVA I go, my favorite for this type of thing. Today's character is Kura, a fantasy martial artist with a minor magical ability that's dependant on her pendant. As is my custom for this particular game, I use the "power ceiling" character generation method, whereby I have decided she gets 15 free ability points, and may take up to 5 more if she balances those with weaknesses, which of course I did. I took one additional weakness to make sure I got the "controlling" aspect of the randomly generated prompt, but it added no additional ability points since she's reached the ceiling.

Name: Akimoto Kura
Power ceiling: 15/20
Health: 40
Endurance: 40
Defense: 6

Abilities:
+2 Agile
+2 Attack (Bōjutsu)
+3 Combat Expert (Bōjutsu)
+2 Quick
+1 Strong
+1 Art of Invisibility
+1 Beautiful
+2 Charismatic
+1 Dexterous
+2 Evasive
+1 Gear (Magic pendant)
+2 Illusionist

Weaknesses:
-1 Absent-minded
-1 Ageism (teenage)
-1 Focus (Illusionist, requires Magic pendant)
-1 Impulsive
-1 Quirk (playful tease)
-1 Quirk (controlling, bossy)

Attack abilities (roll / dx / end):
-- Strike: 7 / 3 / 0 [Reach(+5); Weapon(-5)]
-- Block: 7 / 3 / 0 [Defensive(+5); Weapon(-5)]
-- Sweep: 7 / 1 / 0 [Reach(+5); Paralyzing(+10); Weapon(-5); Ineffective x2(-10)]
-- Downward smash!: 7 / 5 / 20 [Effective x2(10); Reach(+5); Stunning(+10); Weapon(-5)]

Appearance:
-- Skin: Fair
-- Hair: Short, straight, auburn
-- Eyes: Dusty rose
-- Height: Short
-- Build: Athletic

Note: The format for attack abilities is: number of dice to roll / damage multiplier upon successful hit / endurance costs. Strike, block and sweep cover any number of standard Bō moves. Downward Smash! is the stereotypical named move and is the only one that costs endurance to use (and pretty expensive at that - best not to overruse). The qualities in the square brackets that follow are perks and flaws associated with each move that contribute to the endurance cost.

Day 29: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Edition, Games Workshop/Hogshead Publishing

Kadra, Elvish Soldier
Class: Warrior

Move: 5
Weapon Skill: 42
Ballistic Skill: 37 (+10 free advance)
Strength: 3
Toughness: 4
Wounds: 4
Initiative: 64
Attacks: 1
Dexterity: 36
Leadership: 34
Intelligence: 44
Cool: 43
Will Power: 35
Fellowship: 43

Languages: Old Worlder, Eltharin, Battle Tongue
Night Vision: 30 Yards
Alignment: Good
Height: 5'10"
Psychology: No special rules
Fate Points: 2

Skills:
Disarm
Dodge Blow
Excellent Vision
Musicianship (Wind Instruments)
Street Fighting
Strike Mighty Blow

Armor: 1 AP Body, 1 AP Head

Trappings:
Backpack
Blanket
Boots
Bow with 20 Arrows
Hand Weapon (Sword)
Helmet
Hooded Cloak
Knife
Mail Shirt
Pewter Tankard
Recorder
Sturdy Clothing
Tinderbox
8 Gold Crowns

Backstory: Kadra is a wood elf from a secretive community deep within the forests of the Empire. He learned to fight once he came of age, defending his people from the depredations of orcs, beastmen, the occasional Chaos incursion, and worse. Eventually, he yearned to see what lie beyond his forest home, and set out to become an adventurer. While not as strong or sturdy as some other warriors, his quick reflexes and skill at arms make up for any physical shortcomings, and he is a formidable addition to any adventuring party.

My 29th character for this thread will be for Solar Blades & Cosmic Spells, an OSR-adjacent science-fantasy game.

Step 1 is roll for attributes, 3d6 in order.

Physique 8
Agility 9
Intellect 10
Willpower 9

No great rolls, no terrible rolls, I can live with that.

Define your character's concept: "I am Barky Spankerton, the dog-man, from Space Generalists Local 1247. I'm what you might call a Jack-of-all-Trades and Master-of-None. A very handy type to have on the crew of your spacefaring vessel."

I haven't read far enough into this book yet to know if there is a dog-man species, but if there isn't I would appeal to the Overlord, i.e. GM, to let me be one.

Choose an archetype: my stats are so-middle-of-the-road that none of the archetypes seem an exceptionally good or bad fit, so I'll go with The Nimble.

Come up with a complication. Either roll on a d66 table or create your own. I'll roll on the table. My complication is "Loyal to Family." That's cool. Dogs are known for being loyal. Maybe dog-men are, too.

Determine derived statistics.

Vitality: Equals your Physique + 1 per Level. This is the first mention of Levels, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that Level 1 is the first Level, so my Vitality is 9.

Sanity: Equals Intellect: equals 10 for Barky.

Luck: Starts at 3. Would have been 4 if I were human.

Starting credits (as in money): 2.

Day 29: Controversial for the time high school RPG Alma Mater.

Name: Charlotte Dawson
Sex: Female

Strength: 6
Coordination: 6
Appearance: 1
Intelligence: 7
Learning Drive: 4
Courage: 4
Willpower: 8
Constitution: 9

Class: Average
Social Level: Wealthy
Starting Cash: $360
Weekly Allowance: $36
Birthday: 18th September
Problems: Speech Impediment (Lisp), Overweight, Vision Defect (-9 Coordination when glasses not worn)

Skills: Smuggling, Sports, Isolation

Background: Life is hard for anybody at high school, but far moreso when you're an overweight girl with milk bottle glasses and a lisp. Still, she has it better than the losers. She has money and is good at blending into the background and being overlooked when the bullies are around. Also, her recently discovered talent for hockey has got her some grudging respect from the Jocks, if not the cheer leaders.

Days 27, 28, and 29

Hey all! I thought I was putting that stomach bug past me a couple of days ago, which is when I posted my day 26 and day 27 characters, but things got bad again right after and I'm only now feeling better again. I hope it sticks this time!

Anyway, I'm gonna try and catch up with some randomly generated ICONS: The Assembled Edition characters.

Here's we go ...

Phantasm

ORIGIN
Gimmick
: Phantasm is Dr. Col. John Hoi, a physicist who contributed to the creation of a light-bending suit for use by ARMOR stealth operatives. One such operative died while infiltrating the Brotherhood of the Unseen Hand, and John was asked to inspect the suit once it was recovered. The suit, however, was possessed by the dead agent's spirit, who was now driven by a mysterious agenda. Influenced by this spirit, John took the suit and now strives to see that agenda through. In addition to granting John its usual light-bending abilities, the presence of the agent's spirit somehow grants him regenerative powers as well.

ATTRIBUTES
Prowess
(Good) 5, Coordination (Good) 5, Strength (Great) 6, Intellect (Amazing) 8, Awareness (Good) 7, Willpower (Good) 5

POWERS
Invisibility
(Good) 5, Reflection (Average) 3 [Limit: Only vs. Light-Based Attacks], Regeneration (Good) 5

SPECIALTIES
Military
, Science

QUALITIES
Wanted by the Government
Haunted by the "Ghost in the Shell"
Tech Hero Fighting Mystic Threats

C3-KO

ORIGIN
Artificial
: The robot known as C3-KO was a linguistics droid that was captured by an inventor who needed a positronic brain to complete his boxing robot.

ATTRIBUTES
Prowess
(Amazing) 8, Coordination (Fair) 4, Strength (Average) 8, Intellect (Good) 5, Awareness (Incredible) 7, Willpower (Fair) 4

POWERS
Aura
(Fair) 4, Life Support (Good) 6, Strike (Great) 6

SPECIALTIES
Wrestling
, Linguistics Expert

QUALITIES
Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot Champion
Comes from a Galaxy, Far, Far, Away
Eager Conversationalist

Peregrine

ORIGIN
Trained
: Haley Vale is an agent of ARMOR who idolized the government superhero American Eagle. When American Eagle and his teammates were captured by CHIMERA, Haley donned a flight suit that she'd confiscated and modified from the Scorpio Syndicate and donned it to save Vanguard America. Consequently, American Eagle has taken her under his wing, and she is currently awaiting full-membership on his team.

ATTRIBUTES
Prowess
(Good) 5, Coordination (Good) 5, Strength (Great) 6, Intellect (Average) 3, Awareness (Good) 5, Willpower (Fair) 4

POWERS
Fast Attack
(Weak) 1, Super-Speed (Fair) 4, Strike (Good) 6, Flight (Great) 6

SPECIALTIES
Investigation
, Military, Sleight of Hand, Technology

QUALITIES
American Eagle Fangirl
Risk Taker
Superspy Lifestyle

Okay, that's that. I'm back on track. Two more days to go!

All the best,

TGIDragonfly

Day #29
Adventures in Fantasy

His Grace, Reginal McDavish, Duke of Marten
Str: 36 (72 lbs)
Dex: 56
Int: 61
Cha:98
Stamina: 80 (16 rounds)
Health: 99
Social status:89 (Duke)
Hit Points:11
Gold:2050

Education:
Read&write,Physical Training I & II,Sword,Bow,Shield,Horse I&II

The young Duke is an extremely charismatic, healthy young man. Despite ample outdoors and physical time he is not a terribly strong young gentleman. He's out to prove his manliness.

* AiF is interesting. Several times it refers to it's five core stats one of which is Knowledge, however that attribute is the one attribute not expanded on in any way and seems like it was dropped but editing failed to catch it.

This one's kind of a follow up to my last character.

I gave myself a lot of leeway to make up his equipment, but I tried to limit myself to what I think I would legitimately let a new level 10 PC get away with. I swear I rolled his ability scores immediately after Reego's, and darned if they weren't perfect for what I had in mind.

White Box + FMAG

Orez Eno
Neutral Male Human
Class: Magic-User
Level: 10

Str 9
Int 14
Wis 4
Dex 12
Con 8
Cha 16

Hit Points: 20
Armor Class: 4 [15]
Saving Throw: 6 (+2 vs. spells)
Move: 12

Armor:
Bracers of AC 4 [15]
Robe of Wizardry

Weapons:
"Flem" (Intelligent staff: +1 TH, 1d6, can cast Fireball 8d6 once per day) {10 lbs}
"The Everburning Blade of Justice" (fire dagger, 1d6-1 + 1d6 fire damage) {2 lbs}

Misc. equipment: Large sack, small sack, spellbook, amulet against scrying, lenses of charming, potions of extra healing (x3) and invisibility (x2), scrolls of protection again lycanthropes and magic (x2), metal (x2), and poison (x5) {20 lbs}

Currency: 240gp on-hand {24lbs}; 21,000gp in tower (most in a portable hole)

Total encumbrance: 54 lbs

Spells:
All 1st-3rd levels spells in White Box rulebook
4th level: Confusion, Hallucinatory terrrain, Remove curse, Wizard eye
5th level: Cloudkill, Feeblemind, Passwall

Character concept/backstory: Orez Eno (real name: Albert) has had a long and storied life. Unfortunately, half the stories aren't true and the other half are greatly exaggerated. Still, he's legitimately seen his share of adventure and is in pretty good shape for a 103. Born to peasant parents, he always dreamed of being somebody, and he got his chance when he discovered Flem, a magic staff that can speak to him telepathically and cast the mighty Fireball to slay his foes.

In his younger days he was married to an elf named Katerabrina, but she left him after she caught him in bed with one of his many admirers. After she had returned to elven lands, he spread the rumor that she had been captured by foes, and swore that he would not rest until he found her. A few years later, he retired from adventuring and has spent the last forty-odd years cooped up in his tower. He is no longer accepting apprentices or visitors, and many believe him to be dead. His only company now are Flem and a fanatically devoted female admirer.

Flem: Flem was created centuries ago by a Chaotic wizard as a weapon of destruction to wield against his do-gooder enemies. Unforunately, Flem decided that, upon consideration, it wasn't interested in Chaos and on top of that, didn't like the wizard that made it. Flem betrayed its creator, who was dispatched by a party of heroes.

Unfortunately, they didn't have room to take Flem with them, so they left it behind, where it was finally discovered after several long centuries by a young man named Albert. Seeing potential in the youth, Flem began to urge him to go on adventures and would use its Fireball to great effect. Unfortunately, the easy and early success went to Albert's head. Dubbing himself "Orez Eno," he spun exaggerated tales about himself and his power— never crediting Flem, of course.

Flem never misses a chance to remind the old man about what a fraud his is, and that he's not a good person. It used to interrupt Orez's romantic dalliances with pointless questions and babbling.

Day 30 (almost there!)

Yzak Hagoren (TFT fantasy character)

ST 10
DX 12
IQ 14

Talents:
Alertness, Bard, Carousing, Charisma, Courtly Graces, Literacy, Poet, Running, Sex Appeal, Sword.

Master Hagoren – he insists on the ‘Master’ – is a celebrated and famous bard ... everyone says so, anyway.

(Alright, so he was the one who STARTED saying so, but, well.)

He’s ruggedly handsome, dashing, well-groomed, dresses well, sings beautifully, draws out soulful tunes of love and longing on his lute, and is the hit of every party. Everyone says so, anyway.

(Alright, so ... well, you get the picture.)

He gets much more than his share of romantic attention, with prospective lovers hanging off every arm. (Prefers women, not all that picky. Draws the line at sheep.) But beyond all that, he’s the epitome of vainglory. Likely has “VAINGLORIOUS” etched on his heart in letters of diamond. Quite likely will say so himself. Yzak does talk about himself a lot ... mostly of the misery of his lot. Oh, the woe that betides a wandering troubadour! Never a roof to call his own, dependent on the charity of strangers, footsore, aching of body, heart and soul!

(Cue the dramatic pause, and the soulful gaze at the cutest of the nearest hangers-on. Followed by another glance at the second-cutest. One must safe one’s bets, after all.)

But even so, he lives for art, even though he must wander the earth. Alas for his sacrifices! Yet he knows that his wanderings are for the good of all! For his heart is so pure that once he perishes at the last, it is said that his very flesh will be rendered into unguents, that they be applied to beautify women and men long after he is gone.

(Well, said by him, anyway. This speech tends to divide the truly gullible from Everyone Else.)

Anyway, Yzak has a keen eye for the main chance. Rich food, fine wines, hot bed partners, hopefully coin and gifts, it’s all good. He does tend to overstay his welcome, and almost always manages to piss off a few spouses. But between Alertness and Running, Yzak usually catches on just before it’s too late that a bunch of people are coming up the stairs with knives and truncheons, and manages to sprint out of town clutching his lute, clothes and an overstuffed satchel. He's smart enough not to return to the same town twice.

But even so, he lives for art, even though he must wander the earth. Alas for his sacrifices! Yet he knows that his wanderings are for the good of all! For his heart is so pure that once he perishes at the last, it is said that his very flesh will be rendered into unguents, that they be applied to beautify women and men long after he is gone.
I love this part. Bravo.

I had Lucius Lavin in mind when writing up Orez Eno, but you've really nailed the concept.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back