Character creation challenge is a bit over a month away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
giphy.gif

thebigh

Gelatinous noob
Reaction score
I wasn't here yet for the last one. How does it work?

Bunch

The other Mods are geese!
Reaction score
I wasn't here yet for the last one. How does it work?
I keep it simple. 31 days, 31 characters if you can. Usually people have fun and it spills over into February.

Posted in the 2023 Character Creation Challenge thread that hasn't been made yet.

Here's last year's

Bunch

Reaction score
You may have missed it. The Pub puts on a super official character creation challenge in January of every year. It's the most anticipated event of the Pubs social calendar. People try to join the forum just to compete.
Winners get inducted into The Membership of the Slain Goose and get to put MSG on everything the do here. Everything is better with MSG!

bleys21

Legendary Member
Reaction score
This year I might try and make PCs out of other posters.

In. (pick me!) Or just make a character out of my avatar...that shouldn't be too difficult.

As for me, in 31 days...I might make one character. Maybe two. I'll definitely post a Traveller character, as I'm reading the MongTraveller rules right now, and want to go through the lifepath style chargen.

Bunch

Reaction score
In. (pick me!) Or just make a character out of my avatar...that shouldn't be too difficult.

As for me, in 31 days...I might make one character. Maybe two. I'll definitely post a Traveller character, as I'm reading the MongTraveller rules right now, and want to go through the lifepath style chargen.
Ok that's bronze level competition and gets you the Star of Lazy Trying. Many people like S.A.L.T.
It's very popular!

MoonHunter

Game Guru
Reaction score
Already signed up on another site. I could join in here as well.

I am going to do some Neo Frontier Characters (at least seven - each one from a main mode (Esper, BioSynthetic x2, Bionics, Spacer, Aqua, Syndicate) (see Here) and a few from Waunders Way (one from each of the notable clans - figure about 15). Then I have to come up with 9 more. Okay.

If you want to see my results from last year, here they are.

Last edited:

Bunch

Reaction score

I might make 31 Savage Worlds characters just because I hate the old idea that Savage Worlds characters are all the same.

Already signed up on another site. I could join in here as well.

I am going to do some Neo Frontier Characters (at least seven - each one from a main mode (Esper, BioSynthetic x2, Bionics, Spacer, Aqua, Syndicate) (see Here) and a few from Waunders Way (one from each of the notable clans - figure about 15). Then I have to come up with 9 more. Okay.

If you want to see my results from last year, here they are.

I think I’ll make roughly the same character in 31 different systems. You know, embrace the whole partial dimension/multiverse thing.
I love all the variety to how to answer the challenge. I've usually used the event as an opportunity to try making a character in games I have but have never played. A chance to engage with a system I don't know well. With filler of games I know I can get a character done quickly in just to get one a day. The idea is to challenge yourself re chargen. How you define it or meet it is what makes it fun for you and everyone else.

Bunch

Reaction score
I'll take any suggestions for systems/settings to make characters for.
My priority is systems I've never done before but I'm open to repeats.

sharps54

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Likewise I’m open to suggestions on who to try to recreate in different systems. If a system offers random generation I’ll go that route but for point buy systems and non random systems (like Risus) I might as well make as many versions of (insert character here) as I can.

Bunch

Reaction score
Likewise I’m open to suggestions on who to try to recreate in different systems. If a system offers random generation I’ll go that route but for point buy systems and non random systems (like Risus) I might as well make as many versions of (insert character here) as I can.
Please feel free to make me in Over the Edge!

Ynas Midgard

Reaction score
I'm also more interested in the border between skirmish games and RPGs nowadays; I hope they're acceptable, too :smile:

A Fiery Flying Roll

Hating Dungeons and Dragons before it was cool
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You all saw it. Bunch practically asked me to do a FATAL character every day.

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score
I'm in. I'll probably do like last year and use it as an opportunity to work with games that I own but have never read or played. And I'll also once again probably focus on lightweight systems, because I'm just not very interested in games with a lot of rules.

Savage Schemer

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll be ready. I may have jumped the gun just a tad, but I've got character 1, day 1 ready to go. Gotta get those creative juices flowing again!

Also, I'll be less concerned this time around with making making sure I explore a different system each day, and a bit more focused on settings or characters I like. Which may or may not entail using different systems as the spirit moves me.

sharps54

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hmm. This is going to be tough with #dungeon23 at the same time. I shall gird my loins for battle.
That is what I have been thinking the last week, I don’t want to work ahead on either but realistically I can only put five or ten minutes a day into them individually.

Godfather Punk

You are all weirdos
Reaction score
As for me, in 31 days...I might make one character. Maybe two.
Ditto. I'd aim for one character per weekend, but won't guarantee I'll finish all five. Unless I go Toon, Prince Valiant, ...
Now which game systems should I choose? Something old, something new, something pirated and something obscure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com