Citizens of the Imperium Character Generator

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

ReluctantGM

I am a geese goose.
Reaction score
This is mainly a question for ffilz ffilz and robertsconley robertsconley.

I have recently been fiddling with the character generator at https://www.batintheattic.com/traveller/

I also found this: https://ffilz.github.io/Gaming/travellercharacter.html which lists the options you can add in the URL line to customize the character generated. This works great with the generator here: https://ffilz.github.io/Gaming/travellercharactergenerator.html but it seems that you can only make characters using careers from Book 1.

When I tried to use those options in the URL for the batintheattic version I was able to use "hunt=ship" but I didn't get any results from the other options. Is there documentation somewhere that lists all the available options? I'd really like to use this generator because I want to make the Supplement 4 Careers available.

I got volunteered to run a Classic Traveler game and I'd like to give my players the option to use the generator so we don't have to take too much session-zero time making the character.

Cheers!

I will have to check it out and see what I am missing or how I broke the options.

Look like ffilz ffilz is on top of it. Looking at his commits today.

The big answer is I need to get off my duff and merge Rob's work into my repo... And I need to put in something to allow my Supplement 4 house rules to be in effect...

The short answer is I've merged Rob's supplement 4 updates, but since I don't want to by default use the raw Supplement 4, I've added it as a 2nd generator option. The following page now links to both versions of the generator and at least the options I happened to be using the last time I generated work with the Supplement 4 generator:

One of the things I love about this generator is how damned easy it is to host... You install a few files in your web site and it just works, while I don't always like Java Script, this is an excellent use of it.

What I need to do to make things the way I want is figure out how to have an "include" file specified in the URL... Or just code all my alternate Supplement 4 stuff in and have an &ffilz option or something that switches to it...

The problem is I'm burning out on Traveller so my motivation to do the work is close to zero.

Fortunately this little fix up solution just took me a few minutes.

My take is to have some controls on the web page and I need to merge in your options and see what it would take to expose them as part of the UI.

It is consistently in the top 5 of my website hits with 50 to 100 unique visitors a month.

My issue is that in recent years I gravitate to system that I can polish up what I do and sell or share freely. So I want to make a version of this for Cepheus but people seem to really enjoy using this so I want to add to its usability as well.

Can anyone explain why citizens of the imperium are trained in the Halberd?!? Swords are bad enough in space but seriously what military trains with spears these days? Why will they centuries in the future?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back