Cobblefell IC

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
You catch the fleeing Shanka in the leg, and it stumbles and slows, but it keeps limping toward the trees. The bigger Shanka roars in pain as your arrow takes him in the shoulder, but doesn't fall.

I still need a defense roll from Yu Banzai550 Banzai550

Then we'll do next round.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
There is a meaty crack as the big Shanka's jaw breaks into two gruesome pieces. It lets out a low moan and keels over backward, dead as fuck.

The smaller Shanka throws a panicked glance back at the two of you, and off to it's right, and keeps running for the trees.

Teemo, what do you do? hawkeyefan hawkeyefan
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
The fleeing Shanka falls to its knees with an arrow in it's back, but struggles to its feet, and staggers unsteadily toward the trees.

To your right the land rises to a low rocky hill, so you only see the 40 or 50 yards to it's crest. You don't see any danger, but the sound of a war horn echoes across the rocks. It might have come from the direction of the hill, its hard to tell.
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Receiving the report back from the cliff Avril will climb up to see what's going on
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Sure, this is broken, rocky ground. In the Fells there is almost always a boulder or something to hide behind. There a could of big rocks maybe ten feet to you left that you could comfortably crouch behind.
 

hawkeyefan

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2020
Messages
595
Reaction score
1,096
If possible, I'd like to see if I can put that shanka down with one last shot.....let me know if I can hit it before it reaches the trees.

Otherwise, I'll follow Yu's example and take cover. I'd like to duck down behind the ridge, so that I can alert Avril and the others.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
You can take one more shot and move as a part of the same action to take cover, go ahead.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Are either of you checking out the body of the big fella? I forgot to ask.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
The smaller Shanka finally drops, just paces short of the copse of trees. A war horn sounds, followed quickly by another. They sound much closer now, and are definitely coming from the direction of the hill to your right.

What do you do?
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
There is also an opportunity at this point for the rest of the group to act in some way. You heard the fight, you've heard the horns.

Avril is climbing the ridge. Is climbing slow (4 rounds) or fast (2 rounds + DEX test) Bunch Bunch

Everyone else can declare as they like. Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl Séadna Séadna Brock Savage Brock Savage
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Avril makes quick work of the climb and checks his surroundings.

Dex check d20= 4. (RPGPub discord roll channel)
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
You're about halfway up. I need to see what everyone else is doing too.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Sathia begins the climb, as well, but at a slower, more deliberate pace than Avral.

OOC: taking the slow, 4 round option, as I don't trust her chances to make a DEX roll.
 

Banzai550

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
106
Reaction score
190
Yu will simply observe in the direction of the horns until either something shows from there or the party makes it up and he can call them over to cover.
 

hawkeyefan

Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2020
Messages
595
Reaction score
1,096
Yup, Teemo is doing the same. He’s waiting for the others, keeping an eye on the direction of the horns, ready to pop up and shoot if need be.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Gor has found a very interesting butterfly on his saddle and is distracted this round. (Barring a retcon he's moving toward the cliff).

Yu and Teemo, you see a large group of Shanka crest the hill, perhaps 30 of them. They aren't running, and they don't immediately see you guys, but they continue over the hill toward you at a walk. One of them points a spear at the dead Shanka by the trees a shouts something in Shankish, and several of his nearby companions starting hooting.

What do you do?
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Avril makes quick work of the climb and checks his surroundings.

Dex check d20= 4. (RPGPub discord roll channel)
Huh, well ok. You see a whole bunch of fucking Shanka, and a whole bunch of fucking Shanka see you. They're about 50 or 60 yards away, and not all of them see you just yet, but some of them do and they're hooting and pointing with they're spears. You can see Yu and Teemo hiding behind a rock maybe 20' away, most likely making get the fuck down fool hand motions, but who knows. :grin:

Time is now, as they say, of the essence. I want initiative from everyone and action declarations from everyone who passes and acts before the Shanka. This could get hairy (har har).
 
Last edited:

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
OK, something weird just happened with this thread. When I clicked in I saw Brock Savage Brock Savage posting last, so I took that as the most recent post, but after I posted it seems this was just his post from earlier. Fucking wacky. Anyway, I won't hold you to that Brock Savage Brock Savage , there's some issue with my antique internet connection.

Feel free to be more stealthy.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Ok, for our slow climbers we now have another issue, which is noise. You can take an extra couple of rounds to make sure you don't dislodge any rocks, or make a Dex check to try the same at your current pace.

Avril makes it to the top and peeks over, and sees the Shanka coming over thw hill. A huge one in the middle, looking leaderly, points with his spear and a group of three Shanka break off and run over to the corpse by the trees. They dance around and stab it a couple of times each before ripping something off its neck and trotting back to the main group. The leader points his spear at the corpse by where Teemo and Yu are hiding, and a different group of three trot toward it.

What do you do?
 

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
9,146
Reaction score
14,833
Avril looks at Teemo and Yu to see what they're going to do before ducking back down and giving a finger over the lips shhhh look to the climbers below.
 

Tulpa Girl

"Hello, motherf*ckers!"
Joined
Nov 14, 2018
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
10,759
Avril looks at Teemo and Yu to see what they're going to do before ducking back down and giving a finger over the lips shhhh look to the climbers below.
This sort of physical activity is certainly not Sathia's forte, but upon seeing Avril's signal, she manages to be at least moderately quiet during her ascent.

Stealthy DEX roll = 8
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
The three Shanka trotting toward you seem entirely focused on the corpse of the other Shanka you killed. When they reach the body, one of them rips the collection of necklaces off the corpse and holds them up for the warband to see, which is met by much hooting and howling. The other two repeatedly stab the corpse with their spears. The Shanka who grabbed the necklaces kneels down by the corpse and turns the head back and forth, obviously examining the damage to the face a jaw. You notice that each of these Shanka wears a single necklace with an intact stone, which glows faintly red even in the daylight. At a bellow from the leader the three trot back toward the warband.

You can see a conference of some kind happening in the center of the band, as the big leader shouts and points around the clearing with his spear. The one who took the necklaces off the corpse is waiting on the periphery of that discussion, as if waiting its turn to address the leader.

Usage die for arrows: 1d8 4

I forget what this means!!
Nothing in this case. If you roll a 1 or 2 the usage die steps down to a d6, and rolling a 1-2 on a d4 USG means you run out.
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top