Cobblefell IC

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OOC: Are we in a new round, or is this still during the time when Sathia is casting Shield?

OOC: Are we in a new round, or is this still during the time when Sathia is casting Shield?
Same round. You've cast, then the Shanka go, then the rest of the party. I just need to work up some scene framing.

Well, after an unexpected four hour nap I'm back up and it, so without further ado the Shanka will Shanka.

Teemo's two arrows strike home with meaty thumps and two Shanka stumble, not dead, but this throws that one advancing group of five into disarray, probably buying you a round. The other five continue on at a trot, with one eager little fucker hucking a spear at Yu, which doesn't come anywhere close to hitting. You can see the main body of the Shanka standing silent and in place. The leader has his arms folded and is calmly watching the advance. The other group of five Shanka will be in melee range next round.

Now the rest of the party can go. Gor crests the top of the ridge and draws his sword while humming a battle chant under his breath.

Daraja will come out from behind the crevice she is hidden in an try to continue the climb up.

So everyone in the party except Avral but including the men at arms has reached the top of the ridge. The Shanka are approaching at a trot and will be in melee range this turn. You can see them bare their teeth and some of them begin howling as they approach.

What do you do?

Avral watches everyone else climb up while he's heading down and stops. "Am I the coward in this ballad or the voice of reason?" He wonders afraid he knows the answer. "If we live through this I'm going to do the scouting. These fools need someone to do the thinking for them."

Reluctantly he climbs back up to peer over and see how it's going.

Lets get a new round of initiative rolls, shall we? Perhaps with some attached thoughts about exactly what the fuck the grander plan is here.:grin:

OOC: Are you guys planning to make with the fleeing or are having an Alamo moment?

Initiative =20 (RPGPub discord dice roller channel)
OOC - I had a plan but no one followed. Now it appears I'm following you all to my doom!

New Initiative: 1d20 3

OOC- we should decide if we’re fleeing or if this is it. I think Yu was going to run interference and then slipper his way down the hill. I was planning on shooting as long as possible and then scrambling down to the horses (though I’m not really confident that’ll work). I think everyone else can still try and escape without the need to engage.

Bunch Bunch , Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl , Banzai550 Banzai550 , Séadna Séadna what do you all think? Make a stand or GTFO?

New Initiative: 1d20 3

OOC- we should decide if we’re fleeing or if this is it. I think Yu was going to run interference and then slipper his way down the hill. I was planning on shooting as long as possible and then scrambling down to the horses (though I’m not really confident that’ll work). I think everyone else can still try and escape without the need to engage.

Bunch Bunch , Tulpa Girl Tulpa Girl , Banzai550 Banzai550 , Séadna Séadna what do you all think? Make a stand or GTFO?
GTFO!

OOC: I'm okay with either decision. Either way, Sathia will cast a Sleep spell thus round, either to try to fight or to buy some time for us to flee.

Well I haven't got any messages since last Thursday until just now.

If everyone just flees while Yu keeps the Shanka busy, we may make it out of this.

Dex check - initiative: 1d20 5

OOC: I think fleeing makes the most sense. I came up for a peek and expected maybe a couple of shanka, which was the case at the time. But this seems like a swarm beyond our ability.

I plan on taking my shots then diving/sliding down the hill to escape on the horses. Unless anyone has a better plan?

1gdhpo.jpg

OOC: Declare actions (either initiative step) and we'll roll. People who go after the Shanka can change their minds if shit goes sideways before their action.

Last edited:
Yu attacks an uninjured Shanka in the group that Teemo peppered with arrows with a ferocity born of a mixture of rage, fear and desperation, yelling like a wild man. He hopes to break as many spirits as he does bones.

Attack: 1d20 20

Damage: 1d6 2 - if even necessary...still get confused what is a good number.

Twenty misses, this is a roll under system. It's also a critical miss. We'll circle back to that.:hehe:

Well, there's been previous talk of lubricants for the slippers earlier...

That's not me being a ponce...whatever the shit that is...me being a ponce would be deleting this website and not playing anymore...

That's not me being a ponce...whatever the shit that is...me being a ponce would be deleting this website and not playing anymore...
I was simply suggesting that you have significant that skills that have yet to be applied to the situation at hand.

Oh, I think I thought that ponce sounded too much like pussy...silly me

Oh, I think I thought that ponce sounded too much like pussy...silly me
If I was actually going to insult you, and I can't think why I'd ever do that, I'd try to be clear about intent. I'll endeavor to use more appropriate emojis to even out the sarcasm of my delivery.:thumbsup: Besides, you're valiantly taking one for the team here, possibly, this is the very essence of heroic RPG play.

OK, after Sathia mutters here arcane incantation, all of the nearby Shanka drop to the ground in an uncanny slumber. That leaves just the two who got pierced by Teemo's arrows moving your way, one of which falls with a cry, a arrow through it's chest. The last one is a round out but is looking nervous now that he's all by his onesy. Now might be a good time to make with the escaping. The Shanka leader sees his guys drop and starts shouting and pointing your way. The rest of the warband is moving into position and looks like their going to charge.

When it gets to Avrals turn to act.

Avral pops over the top of the wall only to see everyone finally seeing reason and fleeing. He smirks and makes his way back down as quickly as possible.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back