Comic Book Covers

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I always like Mike Parobeck's artwork and this was the rare instance of a major publisher giving a Latino hero his own title, and not cramming him into a Chicano stereotype : El Diablo!
diablo.jpg
latest-2.jpg
latest.jpg
29928-4181-33274-1-el-diablo.jpg

I always liked Deadshot. I think I had this issue as a kid.

Jim Aparo, Detective Comics #518..

tec_518.png

I liked Deadshot as a villain but not after they tried to turn him into a cool antihero riding the post-Watchmen/Dark Knight fetish wave.

This is a great Deadshot cover. He's making sure he's really accurate using two scopes. :hehe:

Luke McDonnell, Suicide Squad #6

7952b222a029b39aae1b95bfc10ab897.jpg

tec_244.png

I liked the idea of Sandman Mystery Theatre, but could not get past the interior artwork. I just found it really ugly.

They had me at "mercenary jet fighter comics."
Area_88_Manga_Viz_1_3327.jpg
"We are the mercenaries of hell."
area-88-manga-kaoru-shintani-biweekly-viz-comics-eclipse-international1.jpg

I liked the idea of Sandman Mystery Theatre, but could not get past the interior artwork. I just found it really ugly.

Its certainly very styalized but I like Guy Davis's work. Especially once he started The Marquis

MarquisFrancescoFrancavillTwart.jpg

marquis_detail.jpg

marquistwartcmyk150.jpg

At the time, this pissed me off as World's Finest was one of my favorite DC titles, plus it foreshadowed the revisionist nonsense where Batman and Superman were suddenly no longer best buddies and Batman's new personality was resentful, arrogant, mistrustful, and all-around unlikable. And Superman was suddenly a naive dupe. I don't blame Frank Miller as he was just telling a story in an alternate universe timeline. I blame the shortsighted editors and dopey comics readers who decided they needed to ape Frank Miller because that meant comics were "mature," "serious," and "gritty." I guess they forgot we're reading about a millionaire who dresses up like a bat and a space alien with x-ray eyes.
latest-7.jpg

At the time, this pissed me off as World's Finest was one of my favorite DC titles, plus it foreshadowed the revisionist nonsense where Batman and Superman were suddenly no longer best buddies and Batman's new personality was resentful, arrogant, mistrustful, and all-around unlikable. And Superman was suddenly a naive dupe. I don't blame Frank Miller as he was just telling a story in an alternate universe timeline. I blame the shortsighted editors and dopey comics readers who decided they needed to ape Frank Miller because that meant comics were "mature," "serious," and "gritty." I guess they forgot we're reading about a millionaire who dresses up like a bat and a space alien with x-ray eyes.
View attachment 1377

8fe9103f94e7d68ac1d1061d9bbbe71bf0cb79f8_hq.jpg

Good thing there were no crimes or natural disasters that day...
3957793-ac+277.jpg

Too bad Superman doesn't have, say, x-ray vision or super-hearing...
326.jpg

Probably my favorite of all super heroes...
778811.jpg

Found these on the Twitter account @ComicsintheGA. Anyone recognize the artist for this excellent Cinderella Love cover?

D0HZQklWwAE_EjF.jpegD0HZQklWkAQwsGO.jpeg

Last edited:
top one looks like it could be a Dave Stevens cover

Edit: nevermind, it's Matt Baker

top one looks like it could be a Dave Stevens cover

Edit: nevermind, it's Matt Baker

I cheated, but my guess would be Matt Baker.

Cool thanks, I was slightly familiar with his work on Phantom Lady but these Romance comic covers show a more developed style. Baker is a fascinating guy. Not surprised his specialty was drawing 'good girls.'

11174958085_6e0e466959_o.jpgWartime-Romances-16-July-1953.jpg

To be fair to Supergirl, Prez was not the best idea Joe Simon ever had. Seemed like a very poor man's Wild in the Streets.
latest-3.jpg
If anyone's read the Supergirl story, do they explain how/why Prez gets to Earth-1 or she gets to Earth-Prez?
prezv1_3gp.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back