Cool Toys

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Gabriel

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Heh.

I was looking at that one earlier today. Head looks good, but not a fan of stuff like that lip bite expression. It looks fine, but I prefer a less specific expression. It would be fine on a static scale figure, but not on a articulated posable.

I like this set by the same company.

griffin.jpg

Except it's pretty much only for the outfit. The head on that one doesn't look very good. I'd definitely get it to swap out a different head.

I've thought about this next one for a while.
pompeii.jpg

I think the head is fine on that one, but if I got it, I'd still swap it out. Probably for one with elf ears. That just looks like a possible elf figure to me.

Vile

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Big Jim from Mattel® was my bag as a kid as far as action figures went. Concealed joints, expanding biceps, karate chop action - Action Man had nothing on these (except for all the cool military gear). Unfortunately the hip joints kept breaking and were beyond my ability to repair, so at some point they all ended up with one stiff leg attached with Sellotape®.

I had Big Jim, Big Jeff, Big Jack, a bunch of clothing & equipment sets I don't remember (I think there was a scuba diver and a jungle explorer kit), and the catamaran. I kept asking for the Karl May Wild West figures, but my parents were going through one of their "only listen to the first half of the kids' sentences" phases so I just got stuff from the basic line.

1669197009647.png

1669197029672.png

1669197282655.png

1669197300194.png

MoonHunter

Game Guru
Reaction score
I loved Big Jim. My parents thought it would get me into sports and the outdoors. (I played with the martial arts dojo a lot.) My parents were less enthused when I didn't get into sports and "The Wolf Pack" (espionage/action version came out.) They especially didn't like those toys. Thus I was left with the Mego Super Heroes.

Acmegamer

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I loved Big Jim. My parents thought it would get me into sports and the outdoors. (I played with the martial arts dojo a lot.) My parents were less enthused when I didn't get into sports and "The Wolf Pack" (espionage/action version came out.) They especially didn't like those toys. Thus I was left with the Mego Super Heroes.
Yup, back in the seventies I had the Big Jim camper as well.
1669323728615.png

3rik

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I only had some clone with far less articulation. I forget what it was called... I think it was something like Super Active Man?

Last edited:
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com