Cool Toys

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Is the original character design like that?

Featured-Alita--Battle-Angel-2-Might-Happen-At-Disney.jpg

main-qimg-a561e4e59269d94d1582b9e8eb760c32.jpg

I get it on a manga character, but on a photorealistic 3D CGI character it just looks odd.

TristramEvans TristramEvans From American Werewolf in London, right? I don't think any of the nazi things ever fully turned into a werewolf, though, or did they?

TristramEvans TristramEvans From American Werewolf in London, right? I don't think any of the nazi things ever fully turned into a werewolf, though, or did they?

No, they were just part of the main character's nightmare sequence.

Boy did that few minutes of film leae an impression on me as a kid, though. For a long time growing up I remembered that scene but didn't recall that it was from American Werewolf in London - it's so visually disconnected from the rest of the film. But those guys always informed my conception of Orcs, as much as the Gamorrean Guards

It's raining and pouring... just got notice my Wonder Woman is shipping (I made a lot of these pre-orders almost a year ago... ) My DC display is almost complete.

bIGtHREE.jpgWonderwoman.jpg

New Silverhawks figures coming in '22

5.jpg6.jpg

Nostalgia Spider-man 2099 Figure

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I already have the original Spiderman 2099 for my Marvel collection. AoA is an easy pass for me, since I'm looking for best renditions of a character, though I may get that Sabertooth, simply because I like the design. I already have that Mags design on pre-order from Mafex.

My problem is I want that Colossus...

I already have the original Spiderman 2099 for my Marvel collection. AoA is an easy pass for me, since I'm looking for best renditions of a character, though I may get that Sabertooth, simply because I like the design. I already have that Mags design on pre-order from Mafex.

My problem is I want that Colossus...

Those Build a Figures get crazy expensive from what I hear. I remember years ago I tried to get the Fin Fang Foom one, but it ended up way out of my budget.

Speaking of best renditions of a character, seen the new Wolverine Steel Box?

Mezco-One12-Collective-Marvel-XMen-Wolverine-Deluxe-Steel-Box-Edition-Promo-26.jpg

Spider-Man 2099 is neat. I'm not interested in it, but maybe a Doom 2099 can happen someday.

I saw that X-Men wave and probably won't pick up anything from it. Kind of irritated that the only Shadowcats that ever get made are versions that don't fit with my lineup in the slightest. Legion is the only one that might fit, but... meh, I don't need a Legion figure. I guess I need to wait another year to see if the next X-Men wave has anything for me.

There hasn't been much Marvel Legends since my acquisition of Hellfire Club that has really piqued my interest. I like the upcoming Ultron figure. I was going to get the Scarlet Witch WandaVision figure, until I saw it and something about it just looks off to me. The same thing is with the Tony Stark AI figure (Iron Man classic 70s suit). But I still may pick up Infinity Saga Iron Man Mk III.

But a while back I got Scarlet Sentinel Iron Man and comics War Machine, so my Iron Man figure itch is mostly scratched.

Not a Wolverine fan, but I never liked that costume much. I preferred the brown one.

On the one hand I prefer the brown costume as well, but on the other if I were ever to collect a set of X-Men I'd like them in the 90's cartoon costumes. or as close as possible.

They always put too many pouches and straps on the original Joes. Snake-Eyes did not look like that in 1982.

They always put too many pouches and straps on the original Joes. Snake-Eyes did not look like that in 1982.

Yeah, I'm sticking with my classic SnakeEyes version 2 & Scarlet

50921684602_78ac9f1a20_c.jpg

(even if it is missing Scarlet's helmet)

I really love the packaging and aesthetics for the Marvel Retro 375 line.

View attachment 31826

Yeah, I kind of wish that I was still interested in 3.75. It's just that lately I'm so much happier with the 6" scale. But there was a brief window there where I thought about building my X-Men collection in 3.75, and there was a window there a few years ago where it was still an inexpensive and quite realistic option... as long as I never needed any new releases. In the end, I'm happy I went with 6" because I've already ended up with a much more expansive cast than I would have had I gone 3.75.

To me, 3.75 figures are more or less just accessories for associated vehicle toys. That's actually how Kenner originally conceived of the scale for Star Wars back in the day. If I'm focusing on the characters, I'd rather have a bigger figure.

But my views are in a constant state of flux. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be on a 3.75 kick and really regret not jumping at these. I actually wouldn't mind getting the whole set there, even though only Magneto and Spider-Man are characters I care much about.

I'm tempted just to get Spidey and Electro, ust to keep in package, like my GI Joes (unike most of my action figures, which are ripped from their packaging the minute I get ahold of them), but I'd be banking on the ine continuing. It woud be annoying stuck with just the two figures.

F1960_MVL-RTR-SPD-EK_2000x.jpg

I do really love that Spidey though...

Last edited:
Hmm...so Mezco is stepping into GI Joe. Interesting.

10391.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back