Cool Toys

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I have noticed the trend on eBay since COVID where collectibles have skyrocketed. Not just toys, but comics and RPGs. It’s silly that people have listings where they try to unload a Mentzer boxed set for $100. Tony (the author of the video) is right that the bottom will eventually fall out.

Not just collectibles, things like Blurays, new toys, etc will come out and people will be cranking up the prices within a month. If you don't pre-order, luck across something when it hits the store shelves, you are at the mercy of some pretty brutal scalping all across the board.

I am glad I collected my old school Skaven army when I did, these days people want $20-50/piece for Goodwin Skaven from the 80s.

I wanted to get my GF an Alice in Wonderland Polly Pocket set from the 90s that she had as a kid, as a nostalgia gift:

I've never even bothered to look at original Star Wars toy prices. I can't even imagine.

Not just collectibles, things like Blurays, new toys, etc will come out and people will be cranking up the prices within a month. If you don't pre-order, luck across something when it hits the store shelves, you are at the mercy of some pretty brutal scalping all across the board.

I am glad I collected my old school Skaven army when I did, these days people want $20-50/piece for Goodwin Skaven from the 80s.

I wanted to get my GF an Alice in Wonderland Polly Pocket set from the 90s that she had as a kid, as a nostalgia gift:

I've never even bothered to look at original Star Wars toy prices. I can't even imagine.

Well, to be fair, it's one of THOSE LISTINGS.

It looks like the most recent one that actually sold was listed for $1,000 with $20 shipping, and even still the seller of that one had to accept an offer to move it.

Not that even half that listed price would be much saner, but still not anywhere in the same ballpark as $3K

Well, to be fair, it's one of THOSE LISTINGS.

It looks like the most recent one that actually sold was listed for $1,000 with $20 shipping, and even still the seller of that one had to accept an offer to move it.

Not that even half that listed price would be much saner, but still not anywhere in the same ballpark as $3K

even $1000 for a Polly Pocket may as well be $100,000 to me. This is a $10-20 loose garage sale item, maybe $40 in box

well, the lightsabers were built into their hands and telescoped out IIRC
Only the first few: Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the first Luke Skywalker. Other outfits for Luke Skywalker - "Bespin Fatigues" and "Jedi Knight" - had separate lightsabers and "Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit", "X-wing Pilot", "Hoth Outfit" and "Battle Poncho" did not come with a lightsaber.

Last edited:
I used to like getting Shirley Temples when we went out to restuarants, because the little cocktail swords that they put the cherries on were the perfect fit for the hands of Star Wars & GI Joe figures

I had to sell my Fin Fang Foom because it took up too much room, so I passed on Galactus, but it sure looks nice

1e7d3982-13b6-4ddf-9a07-f8458be70064.jpg

I just got this guy a couple weeks ago, he is rad

8d314fd8-ef34-4604-a0c6-7271d5678532.jpg

each half of the figures in this line (top half and bottom half) can flip and switch places, so for example this figure is Boost (red) Magnum (white)
the motorcycle accessory comes with half their default entry suit (all black, and you add the mask). the second full figure of the line covers 2 of the secondary riders, Buffa with his Zombie driver (purple) and Tycoon with his Ninja driver (lime green). and of course you can mix and match. for example in the show a Rider can only do the rider kick if they have boost, but Geats manages to do something similar with the wrist mounted guns flipping out at his ankles when he does his form change and does a shoot kick thing. (so I hear, I haven't seen that episode yet)

the only down side I can see so far, is you need to buy several of the motorcycles to have the whole crew displayed.
but they are really poseable, I could see myself falling down the rabbit hole of buying the whole line really easily.

Last edited:
they all look so dumb, I want them all!
I want at least the Owlbear and the dragon--but yeah, I keep thinking of the kids game where the balls opened on magnetic cards was that Bakugon? I don't recall.

0.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the old leader of the Go-Bots. I don't recognize the name, but assume it's prolly the original Japanese - I know most of the history of where the Transformers originated from, but nothing about the original source for Go-Bots.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the old leader of the Go-Bots. I don't recognize the name, but assume it's prolly the original Japanese - I know most of the history of where the Transformers originated from, but nothing about the original source for Go-Bots.

In GoBots he was the Renegade leader Cy-Kill.

The original toy from the early 80s was a Popy Machine Robo MR-01 "Bike Robo."

The pictured toy is from Keith's Fantasy Club which is a Third Party Transformers producer. They basically make toys that copy the likeness of classic robot toys, but are not those characters for intellectual property law reasons. So, it's totally not Cy-Kill. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Kirk in his TMP uniform.

I've always liked this uniform. As a child I had the Mego 3.75" TMP figure of this likeness. This figure is a little bit better than that.

I always have problems with the facial likeness on Kirk figures. I think it's only me, though. But even for me from head on the likeness is pretty good.

I'm not sold on the material of the uniform. The fabric used on the demo model here doesn't look right.
kirk.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back