Create a Character - One Character a Day

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that I find cool is that you keep your skills between sleeves. You get a bonus to your pool equal to the tens digit of your attribute (so +4 strength and +3 Perception) and that changes with your new sleeve.

Dungeon Bastards
Friendly Neighborhood Gamer

Name: Kortel Nish
Brains: 6
Fists: 5
Guts: 3
Mouth: 4
Skills: selfish schemer; team is family; perfectly deliver a brutal diss
Bullshit: 0
Other Shit: adventuring kit, arms and armour in storage; dagger; loose-fitting clothes, just extravagant enough to annoy his betters without legal repercussions; share of loot stashed at the fence awaiting appraisal; purse with the advance payment burning a hole in it

Day #16
Dragons of Underearth (TFTish)
Galen Blooth
Wizard
ST: 7
DX: 7
IQ: 18

Spells
Wizards Wrath
Lesser Magic Item Creation
slippery floor
Remove thrown spell
Stone flesh
7 hex wall
Summon giant
Summon myrmidon
Summon gargoyle
Invisibility
Blur
Enchant weapon/armors
Staff of Power

Talents
Alchemy
Charisma
New followers
Chemist
Literacy
Mathematics
Scholar
Engineer

robertsconley robertsconley does this guy look correct? I know you wrote some articles on Thieves Guild
I think you are missing your Automatic Trainings as a result of you being a Landed Peasant.
1610852604981.png
You get Husbandry (26), 40% chance of Reading(19), 50% chance of Writing(20) if you rolled reading, 10% of Cyphering (31), and two more fields from the Yeomanry list or the Rabble List (not points).

Also did you roll for your training opportunities which gets you additional training points based on your Intelligence. Your current list totals

Armory - 6
Blacksmithing - 6
Tracking(underground) - 4 and it is just one field
Tracking(outdoors)
Trapping - 2
Cooking - 1

A totals of 19.

So you could have taken armory and blacksmithing as part of your landed peasant background. You get 6 points right off. So tracking and trapping is covered by your base 6 points. Now with your Intelligence of 10 and Discretion of 18 you get to roll 1d10+4 and add +4 training points to the result. For a possible additional number of training points ranging from 10 to 22. More than enough to cover your cooking and more.

Thieves Skills Breakdown
Sense Traps :
+5 (base) + 10% (goblin) + 0% (talent) = 15%
Pick Locks:
+20% (base) -10% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 10%
Locating Traps:
+10% (base) + 5% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 15%
Disarming Traps:
+10% (base) + 10% (goblin) + 5% (Discretion) = 25%
Picking Pockets:
+15% (base) + 10% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 25%
Moving Silently:
+5% (base) + 15% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 20%
Hiding in Shadows/Cover:
+5% (base) + 15% (goblin) + 0% (Reflex) = 20%
Climbing Surfaces:
75% (base) + 5% (goblin) + 0% (Reflex) = 80%
Hearing Noise:
20% (base) + 0% (goblin) = 20%

Stats For Reference

Str: 12
Coordination: 12
Reflexes:10
Stamina: 15
Discretion: 18
Intelligence: 10
Talent: 1
Magic Resistance: 8
Magnetism: 5
Appearance: 11

Hope this helps.

Today I'm doing Cyberpunk 2020 (I haven't acquired Red yet). I did the full lifepath generation for this one.

Name: Lisette Phan
Role: Cop

INT 6
REF 4
CL 10
TECH 4
LK 3
ATT 4
MA 4 (Run 12m, Leap 3m)
EMP 9
BT 3 (BTM -1, Lift 120kg, Cary 30kg)

Role Skills: Authority 5, Athletics 3, Awareness/Notice 4, Brawling 3, Education 5, Handgun 4, Human Perception 5, Interrogation 5, Melee 3, Streetwise 5
Other Skills: Language (English 8, Vietnamese 8), Social 2

Cyberware: None

Style
Clothes: blue jeans
Hairstyle: neat, short
Affectations: spike-heeled boots
Ethnic Origins: Vietnamese

Family Background
Ranking: Corporate Technician
Parents: both alive and OK
Family Status: OK
Childhood Environment: lived in a corporate-controlled research facility
Siblings: 2 triplet sisters (both dislike her), 3 younger brothers (oldest dislikes, other two worship her), younger sister (neutral)

Motivations
Traits: shy and secretive
Person Valued Most: parent
What Valued Most: love
Feel About Most People: all are valuable individuals
Most Valued Possession: a childhood toy

Life Events
17: Romantic Involvement (problem: his family didn't approve of her)
18: Friends and Enemies (made a friend who was a former lover -- let's say the guy from the previous year)
19: Nothing Happened
20 - 21: Romantic Involvement (happy love affair)
22: Friends And Enemies (made a friend; a female coworker)

Employment: currently unemployed, but was most recently employed as a private security guard for two months

Gear: Light Armor Jacket, Nylon Helmet, Sternmeyer Type 35 Pistol, 50 11mm Rounds, Brass Knuckles, Taser, Holster, Endorphin Slap Patch, Generic Chic Clothing, One-Room Apartment in a Moderate Zone (one month's rent prepaid), 316 eb

Werewolf: the Forsaken, 2nd edition

Javier "Coach" Diaz
Concept:
Guardian of the Streets
Aspirations: to keep "his" kids out of trouble; to guard his territory; to involve his packmates in human affairs
Tribe: Iron Masters
Auspice: Elodoth
Blood: Alpha
Bone: Guru
Touchstone: His boxing gym
Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 2, Resolve 2; Strength 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 3; Presence 2, Manipulation 2, Composure 3
Skills: Academics 1 (Law), Investigation 3 (Police Procedure), Medicine 1; Athletics 1, Brawl 3 (Boxing), Drive 2, Firearms 2, Larceny 1, Stealth 1, Weaponry 1; Empathy 2, Intimidation 2, Persuasion 1, Streetwise 2
Gifts: Half-Moon: Scent Beneath the Surface; Hunting: Impossible Spoor; Insight: Read the World's Loom
Merits: Contact 1 (PD), Dedicated Locus 1, Residential Area 3, Resources 1, Safe Place 2, Totem 2
Renown: Cunning 1, Honor 1, Wisdom 1
Harmony: 7
Willpower: 5
Defense: 4
Size: 5
Health: 8
Speed: 10

Growing up in the barrio was tough. Seeing your childhood friends joining gangs and dying young was the worst part of it. But Javi managed to keep his head above the water and gained admission to the police academy. Joining the force represented an opportunity, to bring some semblance of order maybe, but soon it became clear discovered their mindset and methods were unfit to heal the ills that plagued his home turf -- especially since First Change opened his eyes to just how deep the rabbit hole did go. These days Javi supports himself as the owner of a boxing gym, where he tries to keep local kids out of trouble, but he's got his fingers on the pulse of the streets where he grew up and where his pack now claims territory. His drive to protect it would make a Hunter In Darkness blush.

In human form, Javier is skinny and not particularly big, but cow the meanest cholo with a gaze or a word. And when those are not enough, he can certainly handle himself in a fight; the local gangs have learned that and afford him and his charges a wide berth. In wolf forms he has gray fur with black markings.

Comments: I enjoyed creating this guy a lot more than his vampiric predecessor, but damn it, Storytelling character sheets take time. No doubt owning to my lack of practical familiarity with the (2nd edition/CoD) system. Next I'm statting a mage, and then either the oWoD counterparts or just something else entirely.

I think you are missing your Automatic Trainings as a result of you being a Landed Peasant.
View attachment 25706
You get Husbandry (26), 40% chance of Reading(19), 50% chance of Writing(20) if you rolled reading, 10% of Cyphering (31), and two more fields from the Yeomanry list or the Rabble List (not points).

Also did you roll for your training opportunities which gets you additional training points based on your Intelligence. Your current list totals

Armory - 6
Blacksmithing - 6
Tracking(underground) - 4 and it is just one field
Tracking(outdoors)
Trapping - 2
Cooking - 1

A totals of 19.

So you could have taken armory and blacksmithing as part of your landed peasant background. You get 6 points right off. So tracking and trapping is covered by your base 6 points. Now with your Intelligence of 10 and Discretion of 18 you get to roll 1d10+4 and add +4 training points to the result. For a possible additional number of training points ranging from 10 to 22. More than enough to cover your cooking and more.

Thieves Skills Breakdown
Sense Traps :
+5 (base) + 10% (goblin) + 0% (talent) = 15%
Pick Locks:
+20% (base) -10% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 10%
Locating Traps:
+10% (base) + 5% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 15%
Disarming Traps:
+10% (base) + 10% (goblin) + 5% (Discretion) = 25%
Picking Pockets:
+15% (base) + 10% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 25%
Moving Silently:
+5% (base) + 15% (goblin) + 0% (Coordination) = 20%
Hiding in Shadows/Cover:
+5% (base) + 15% (goblin) + 0% (Reflex) = 20%
Climbing Surfaces:
75% (base) + 5% (goblin) + 0% (Reflex) = 80%
Hearing Noise:
20% (base) + 0% (goblin) = 20%

Stats For Reference

Str: 12
Coordination: 12
Reflexes:10
Stamina: 15
Discretion: 18
Intelligence: 10
Talent: 1
Magic Resistance: 8
Magnetism: 5
Appearance: 11

Hope this helps.
So I failed all my rolls on the landed peasantry.

I'm behind, so how about some sneak peaks:

Agents of Archive space:
Dr. Simar
Human: Bond with Anything, Child of a deathworld

Daring 2
Cunning 3
Ingenuity 2

Fight 1 Shoot 2 Sneak 1 Charm 1 Science 5 Pilot 3 Intuit 2

Science Investigation Gear: Omni-comm, Hover light, Industrial Tape, Nerve Disruptor, Sealspray, Hardshell Spacesuit, Specialty Tool Kit Researach, Unitool.

Dr. Simar is an Archive Scientists, who was foolishly drunk when he made the bet to "put the money where her intake oriface" was, but she took it because
she's a human, one of many, many, many related life-forms. Plus she kinda like Dr. Rirn, despite his reptilian exterior, and sometimes venomous wit. So now she's an agent, aboard Dr. Rirn's own Archive Exploratory Ship (A.E.S) The Threshold of Tomorrow, an apt name for a quirky atomic reactor driven hyper-rocket. She isn't quite sure if this counts as being abducted, seduced, or hell, just foolish.

Though he warned her, for a death worlder she might need a bigger gun.

Dr. Simar is a violet skinned human with two arms, legs, the usual stuff, but adds two antennae sensitive to gravity shifts.

Epiphany: Supers (Action Card Engine)

Name: Barghest (Kane Burr, aka Blackie)
Motivation: Hunter
Expertise: 2 Cards: 4

Might: 10
Talents: Innate Weapons, Brawl

Agility 8
Talents: Thrown Weapons, Rebound

Intellect: 8
Talents: Science (Biochemistry)

Resolve: 8
Talents: Animal Handling, Tracking

Powers:
Heightened Senses 12
Teleportation 10
Bite: +2
Fang-Dart: +2
Empathy 1
Danger Sense 3

Weakness: Trust

Barghest's real name is actually Blacky he's a six year old Black furred pitbull. Or was. He'd been adopted when he was a puppy and instantly became friends with his master and family, notably Isaac, the 2 year old little boy who was "his." He was a good dog, brave but friendly, unless you tried to hurt Isaac, or pretend to, then he'd growl, tug on you, let you know that "NO" was the answer. If he had to he'd bite, but in his safe home that was never needed.

Until one day he was kidnapped out of his home's backyard. He was carried off by a cruel teen who dumped him on a busy road waiting to see the dog in a bag go splat. He was almost through the thing too when a truck, an semi at that stopped as quick as it could just inches from the tire. The truck driver wasn't a good man, even by his own standard, but he liked dogs, and wasn't going to hit one. So he scooped up the happy to see him Blackie who licked his face, and set him under a blanket beside him. His new master wasn't as playful, but Blacky could get him too with some pushing and he slept curled up in the sleeper cab near the mans feet.

They traveled a ways together until Blacky's new master began arguing with a bad man, he listened, then one of the bad man's goon pulled a gun, he knew bad man's intentions too well. He jumped out the cap and jumped the goon, dragging him to the ground and nearly got his throat, but the bad man shot his gun in terror and it hit something that exploded into fumes, stinky, terrible fumes. His master was down! So he let go of the man, and ran to drag his master free of the flames either as other shuts followed, a few nicking him but none caught worse than a shoulder. He got his master safe, and bled and bled before everything went dark.

When black woke up he was in a box, bigger than his at Isaac's, and he heard other dogs, and even cats! But he was sore and felt strange. His shoulder where he'd been hit burned, his skin itched, and something was wrong. His master either of them were nowhere to be found and only this lady talked to him when she fed him. Worried he tried to dig out, and suddenly he'd made it--to the cab of the truck, before passing out again. When he awoke he felt sick, and strange. He realized looking in the truck mirror to his horror he'd become a man! Somehow! A master! But..not like the others. He still had his face, mostly, and fur, no tail though..and he couldn't bend right. But he had master-paws, and master feet. He knew master's wore "clothes" so he dug into his masters truck and found the extras, they fit, barely. He worried about his master, and again something went weird, and he woke up in a cell. There was his master. He barked, or tried too but it didn't come out right. His master was hand-cuffed! He knew those were bad, somehow, so he broke them. The man said words, and he understood them all.

"Blacky? That ya! You don' ...You got to go. I wan't a good man. Not bad, but, they cut me a deal, the chemicals I hauled were bad, bad stuff. It paid well, kept us fed, but I'm going to jail, a kennel, for a long time. I don't know what you got into, but you ain't not dawg no more, go find the people on your collar, its in the truck, I didn't take you home, cause I thought maybe they ditched you, but they din't you're a good dawg, I kno'dat." Black whimpered but did what he could.

It took him days, sneaking, hiding, pretending to be human. Till he figured out how to talk well enough, to understand a bit, more and more came to him. So he found home. Isaac had gotten big. Big enough to know Blacky was Blacky-but-not. So he said what he could. Isaac told him he was a hero, he saved lives! Evan of bad men, and showed him videos. Then newspapers not to pee on but to read...that took longer, but Isaac told him to go. Go, be a Hero.

So he did. He went up and found where he'd tracked down a few, and followed one in the door, no one looked twice had his dog-human shape, they gave him forms, he had to get help to fill out his hands didn't right write, but they did some.

It wasn't till they figured out he was a dog, that spiked, they got enough to understand just how strange he was somehow. Those strange sudden shifts, in things that makes heroes or villains even if its happened thousands of times with no spikes before? He was one. They took him on and he became Barghest, the Black Dog, who hunted down those people like his truck-driving master once served.

Barghest, Blacky, now Kane, is a humanoid pitbull, more human, but still with an incredible bite strength, good nose, good ears and more. His costume is dark blue, light enough it shows up against his pitbull fur. He's strong as some of the strongest humans, and smart, agile, and more, some can out do him with powers, but for a street vigilante? He carries darts shaped like a tooth he can hurl hard and accurate enough to get someones attention, or to do more. To bad guys? he's a nightmare. Though he's somewhat too trusting, and too loving at times, he is a good dog, and man.

Last edited:
Day #17
Dragon Warriors

Eriraks Nephew

Strength 9
Reflexes 10
Intelligence 14
Psychic Talent 15
Looks 7

Health Points : 10
ATTACK 12
DEFENCE 5
MAGICAL ATTACK 13
MAGICAL DEFENSE 5
EVASION 3
STEALTH 13
PERCEPTION 5

Special Abilities
Spellcasting
Simultaneous Casting
Weapon groups

Magic points: 2

Equipment
Lantern, Flint and tinder, backpack, bow, quiver, 6 arrows, dagger, full mail armour, two handed sword, 9 florins

I forgot husbandry but I took armory and blacksmithing I think. I believe I rolled low for additional skills
You have at least 9 more training points to spend based on the lowest possible row and your stats.

Today's character is for Delta Green (the 2016 version).

Petty Officer First Class Issac Brace, AKA "Agent Kenneth", Age 30
Profession: Navy SEAL

Strength 15
Dexterity 13
Constitution14
Intelligence 10
Power 17
Charisma 6

Descriptors: Muscular, Nimble, Perfect Health, Indomitable, Awkward

Hit Points 15
Willpower Points 17
Sanity 80
Breaking Point 68

Skills (at default level unless noted)
Alertness 70, Athletics 80, Demolitions 40, Firearms 80, First Aid 30, Heavy Weapons 50, Melee Weapons 70, Military Science (Land) 60, Navigate 50, Occult 20, Pilot (Small Boat) 40, Stealth 70, Survival 80, Swim 60, Unarmed Combat 80

Bonds: His SEAL team (6; reduced due to trauma below)

Trauma/Insanity: Extreme Violence (Adapted to Violence)

Gear (everything waterproofed): Dog Tags, Assault Carbine (w/ Holographic Sight, Targeting Laser, Sound Suppressor), 7 Carbine Magazines, Medium Pistol and Holster, 3 Pistol Magazines, 6 Grenades (2 Fragmentation, 2 Smoke, 2 Flashbang), Combat Knife, Flexible Cuffs, Tactical Body Armor, Tactical Light, Kevlar Helmet, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Military-Band Radio (w/ Earpiece and Throat Microphone), Multitool, Compass, Field Dressing, GPS, SCUBA Equipment

Day #18
Gamma World 1st edition

Phil Justphil
Mutated Human
Mental Strength: 10
Intelligence: 12
Dexterity: 14
Charisma:15
Constitution:10
Physical Strength: 7

HP: 62

Physical Mutations:
Heightened Constitution +20 HPs, 18 resistance to poison, +3 radiation resistance
Radiated Eyes 3d6 radiation blast, 10 meters, 1/4 melee turns
Symbiotic Attachment: hit w appendage, maintain contact for 3 melee turns. Control self and host.

Mental Mutations:
De-evolution - De evolve opponent. lose one mutation permanently per melee turn. range 30m, 1/week
Epilepsy referee to determine what circumstances.
Intuition +1 to hit, +3 dam/die can not be used with other mental mutations

MSH again!

Name: Obsidian Eidolon (Apolo Hurtado Montez)
Origin: Altered Human
Resources : Excellent 16
Popularity: 0/5

F IN 36
A GD 8
S IN 36
E IN 36
R IN 36
I EX 16
P GD 8

Health: 96

Powers: 5/5
Earth Control: MN 63
Body Armor: AM 46
Projectile Missile: AM: 46
Extra Body Parts: AM 46 (Combat Tail)
Resistance to Corrosives: AM 46

Talents: 3/4
Martial Arts D
Blunt Weapons
Languages: English (Spanish is his default)

Contacts: 0/4

I've seen characters that click together well before but never this elegantly in terms of consistent powers, and power ranks (with so many powers.)

Apolo, was something impressive in the worst city in Mexico, a cop who couldn't be be bribed, and who had no family remaining (at least anywhere the various drug and other crime lords could reach easily.) So instead they sought him out, and solved the problem the old fashioned way, they tried to kill him.
But it luck was astounding and he survived seventeen bullets direct hits over the years. So finally they abducted him and dropped him in acid. Then dumped it out in a deep dark hole. What the gang hired to do this didn't know was Apolo's heritage goes a long way back to the Aztec's and and dropping him deep in the Earth, one of the ancient god's of the Aztec Itzli, took a bit of offense since not only did they kill one of "his" people, but on his night to rule. Not only that, but Apolo was no proper sacrifice for the sacred ground they dumped him on.

So Itzli, reformed him, giving him a new body whole and unharmed, and blessed him with the powers to strike at the foolish mortals, who offended Itzli, and who deserved to be punished. With impressive new found powers, Apolo, as the Obsidian Eidolon, did just that. Wiping out cartels, gangs, and more. Before moving to the U.S to use his powers against more powerful foes.

So for today... It's Hearts & Souls 2E! The Editor discusses the pitch in our session 0 (Pitch Session.) Where he suggests high end heroes, somewhere on par with Superman, Wonder Woman, but just this side of Cosmic. He wants it in the tone of the JLU/JLA, where characters felt challenged, but with no "Batman wins." sort of add in. He also discusses that if someone has a "Superman esque" character with notable toughness and armor, that they should have a regular enough weakness to make sure they're not the comic stealer (just as he did with Batman.)

So our player, a bit of a Bibliophile, decides she has a pitch for a character she will be "The Galactic Librarian" who is also known as Celestriann! While formerly Cosmic powered she broke with her cosmic powered fellows over the fate of the Earth and its literature and art. She thought it would one day be welcome, while they felt it would not, so she was depowered and split from the Celestial Guardians, to serve on Earth, and someday prove its value.

Celestriann! (Anna Maria Celeste)
The Galactic Librarian
Drive: Love (Literature and its creators)

Might: Average Superhuman!
Agility: Spectacular Human
Toughness: Spectacular Superhuman!
Intellect: Exceptional Planetary@
Knowledge: Spectacular Planetary@
Resolve: Spectacular Planetary@

Powers:
Absolute Truth: Spectacular Superhuman! No one may speak an untruth in her near presence. That doesn't mean they can't mislead through ignorance or that they must speak, merely they cannot lie.

Knowledge of the Written Word: Spectacular Planetary@ While she is limited since her split with the Guardians, she can draw knowledge from any book, written by any being on Earth. This is noted in her knowledge above (without this power her knowledge is merely Spectacular Superhuman!) Having that knowledge is not the same as knowing how to apply it well. Thus a book on martial arts, written by human hands, would limit her to the knowledge contained in the book (at best human Black Belt equivalent or so as rankings go.)

Flight: Exceptional Planetary@

Weakness: As noted above, Celestriann is limited to written knowledge. Because of that her practical application of the skills may lack elegance of practicing the craft. She can make wicked retorts though. So let's hope the player is up to her level of banter! She is also fond of humans and protective of them. In addition to this, she is vulnerable to powerful weapons created by even mere human masterminds--at least if they're knowledgeable enough. She has no special armor, or protection, though she recovers quickly thanks to pure toughness and stubbornness.

Today's character is for Zenobia, another Zozer Games product:

Name: Gallus Cordius Cato
Culture: Imperial
Past Experience: Legionary

Might: 5
Fate: 4
Hits: 12
Craft: 1
Learning: 2

Languages: Aramaic (fluent), Imperial (fluent)

Skills: Hard to Kill, Organize

Equipment: Mail Cuirass, Greaves, Helmet, Shield, Shortsword, Spear, 2 Javelins, Pack, Flint and Steel, 3 Torches, Waterskin, Pouch, 70 Denarii

Family Social Class: Scribe (formerly Nobility)
Family Relationship: he rose beyond their expectations
Motivating Event (to become an adventurer): a family feud

Day #19
SOAP - The Game of Soap Opera Mayhem

Ned Dorkleman
Millionaire Computer Geek
Concept: Competent at all things technical and nothing social. All the ladies are friends when they need a little tech or emotional support but gone as soon as well anyone else calls.
Traits: odd, can do anything with a computer, rich, unfashionable
Relationships:
Friendly: Betty Beautiful, Mom, Butch Nicelete
Unfriendly: Brock Jockman, Al Loser, Lisa Lisa

Goal: To marry Betty Beautiful

Secret: Stole the code to his startup
Killed his business partner in a freak Nerf battle accident
Is Betty Beautiful's twin brother given up for adoption at birth(Even Ned doesn't know this)

Those Dark Places
Osprey Games, 2020
Name: Helen Wrigley
Description: unremarkable caucasian woman, medium height, slightly thin, big brown hair
Charisma: ⨂⨂⨂⨂
Agility: ⨂⨂⨂◯
Strength: ⨂◯◯◯
Education: ⨂⨂◯◯
Helm Officer:
⨂◯
Liaison Officer: ⨂⨂
Pressure Bonus: ⨂⨂⨂◯◯◯◯
Pressure Level: ◯◯◯◯◯◯
Episodes:
none
Time left until retirement: 23Y 10M 28D

Background: Born into a megaplex proletariat family living in a tiny welfare flat at the edge of the BosWash oxyzone, Helen wanted to get out. She joined up with Anderson-Matsumoto at age 11, going to a corp school and later training for Liaison Officer in the AM interstellar transport division. Now she's in, she wants to get out again, by completing her 25 years — preferably early — and collecting her accrued wages and bonuses, thus enabling her to spend the second half of her life in comparative luxury. She is always on the lookout for special assignments to shave days and weeks off her contract and tries not to spend too much scrip, which would get deducted at the Big Payday. A principle she occasionally breaks for Richard, number 264 of the 376 gerbils still existing (she actually gets a big government subsidy for sheltering an endangered animal, but is fined almost the same amount for not keeping it in its natural environment).
Helen and Richard are currently in LongSleep aboard the AMCSS Conrad Bland with her crewmates Albuquerque (helm), Able (security), Soot (science), Christopher (navigation), Krosphytt (engineering) and Dünn (engineering) for a 5 month journey (times 1.075 for going near a relativistic jet of a minor black hole) towing a skipper-skimmer gas refinery to Xi Bootis A/6.

Today I'm doing OSR horror with Silent Legions, from Sine Nomine.

Name: Isabella Rosewood
Class: Socialite
Background: Thief

Strength 11
Intelligence 14
Wisdom 8
Dexterity 10
Constitution 11
Charisma 15

Hit Points: 5
Attack Bonus: +1
Saves: Physical Effect 15, Mental Effect 12, Evasion 16, Magic 14, Luck 13

Skills:
Combat (Projectile) 1
Culture/Criminal 0
Culture/USA 0
Law 0
Persuade 0
Security 0
Stealth 0

Languages: English

Class Abilities: Folie a Deux (for an Expertise point, can compel a friendly or intimidation reaction in someone if plausible under the circumstances)
Expertise Points: 2 (restore 1 per night's rest)

Gear: Semi-Automatic Pistol, 40 Pistol Rounds, Poor-Quality Fake ID, Holster, Knife, Smartphone, Laptop Computer

Character Connection: Bryan St. James, Gambler (a fellow conspirator in a past crime)

Day #20
En Garde!
Louis Coday
Gentleman( Social Level = 4)
Orphaned First Son of an Impoverished Father

Strength: 8
Expertise: 14
Constitution: 13
Endurance: 104
Military Ability: 5

Initial Funds: 44
Allowance: 0
Inheritance: 100

Given that my last one was for Altered Carbon and Eclipse Phase came up (and I'm going to be running a transhuman game of some sort soon), I figured I'd bite off Eclipse Phase Second Edition. Full writeup and thoughts starts at https://write.as/chuckdee/character-a-day-2021-eclipse-phase

TL;DR
This was a lot less painful than others have implied. The math was pretty simple, the rules straightforward. There were a couple of places that I messed up, but they were pretty obvious in retrospect, and easily corrected. I'm pretty sure the character is correctly done, and it is spot on with the background I originally conceived.

Final Character
General Info
Name: Damien Kinnear Background: Freelancer Career: Investigator Interest: Fighter Faction: Extropian Aptitude: Thrill-Seeker Languages: English, Russian, Cantonese, Spanish, Japanese Current Morph: Remade
Background
Damien Kinnear was a private investigator- he considered himself a good one, able to find things that others overlooked or missed, constructing narratives that led to results for his clients. So, when he received a call from a wealthy client asking him to find a sensitive package, he was not suspicious of the motives behind the ask. Unfortunately (or Fortunately depending on your outlook) his assignment was a smokescreen for a Firewall cell. The person he'd been asked to track down was had been co-opted by a nanovirus, and was actually a ticking timebomb. It was hoped that Kinnear's probing would draw the attention of the entity that had infected him, and indeed it did. But everything went sideways, and the cell had to bring Kinnear in for true. And once you're in, there's no way out.
The threat of the X-Risks, the nature of Firewall- it appealed to Kinnear's sensibilities. The chance to get off Earth? To explore and find things that are threats to the human race? That was tailor made for him. He wasn't an investigator for the money, but the challenge. And this was more of a challenge than anything he'd ever been presented with.

Ego Stats
Aptitudes
Cognition (COG):
20 Intuition (INT): 10 Reflexes (REF): 20 Savvy (SAV): 15 Somatics (SOM): 15 Willpower (WIL): 10
Aptitude Checks
COG:
60 INT: 30 REF: 60 SAV: 45 SOM: 45 WIL: 30
Skills
Athletics:
35 Deceive: 30 Fray: 60 Guns: 60 Infiltrate: 40 Interface: 60 Kinesics: 65 Know (Black Markets): 45 Know (Current Events): 45 Know (Ego Hunting): 75 Know (Investigation): 75 Know (Security Ops): 55 Melee: 55 Perceive: 60 Persuade: 55 Program: 50 Research: 80
Derived Stats
Initiative: 6 Lucidity: 20 Trauma Threshold: 4 Insanity Rating: 10 Flex: 2
Ego Traits
Adaptability:
1 Quickness: 1 Empathy: 2 Resources: 2
Motivations
  • Personal Career
  • Exploration
  • Mental Challenge
Morph Stats
Derived Stats
Wound Threshold:
9 Durability: 45 Death Rating: 68
Pools
Insight:
2 Moxie: 2 Vigor: 2 Flex: 2
Morph Traits
Quickness:
3 Fitness: 3 Pain Tolerance: 2 Toughness: 2 Skill Artifact (Guns): 2 Skill Artifact (Fray): 2

Gear
  • Anonymizer
  • Armor Vest (Light)
  • Fake Ego ID
  • Medium Pistol Firearm
  • Smart Clothing
  • TacNet App
  • VPN App

Day #21
Justifiers

Dr. Bruce Hayne

Bat
lt Hide
10/35
Sonar (200Yds)
Flight STR Range
1 Bite(Small)
2 Claws(small)
Track by hearing 70%

64STR189MS
67DEX10.7BOD
77Con22.6RES
54PRZ13.2SPD
96IQ9.6Base Skill Level
92Wis22.33333333Base to Strike
65AGL6.4DB

Buyback$10,300,000.00

Field Doctor
Pharmacology34.6
Pathology34.6
Med Tech Operations29.6
Internal Medicine29.6
Surgery34.6
Trauma Treatment34.6
Psychology24.6
Orthopedics24.6
Cybernetic Tech19.6
Advanced First Aid29.6
Core Skills
Basic Math59.6
Communicator Ops24.6
Computer Ops24.6
E Suit Ops34.6
Emergency E Suit Repair29.6
First Aid24.6
HtH Combat24.6
Navigation24.6
Pilot Ground Vehicle24.6
Projectile Weapons(Hand)24.6
Scanner System Ops34.6
Speak Native84.6
Transmatt Ops34.6
Read & Write Native84.6
Zero G Training24.6
Scout - Secondary
Cartography9.6
Desert Survival9.6
Forest/Jungle survival9.6
Improvise/Primitive Weapons9.6
Martial Arts9.6
Surveillance9.6
Hand Weapons9.6
Beam Weapons9.6
Hostile Environment9.6
Tracking/Trapping9.6
Elective Skills
Swimming9.6
Photography9.6
Corporate Structure9.6
Administration9.6
Civil Law9.6
Criminal Law9.6

Icons for yesterday!

Sunborn (Felicity Frederiks/Imahli)
Origin: Unearthly

Prowess: 7
Coordination: 6
Strength: 6
Intellect: 6
Awareness: 4
Willpower: 5

Stamina: 11
Determination: 1

Powers:
Fire Control 6
-Blast
-Flight

Immortality 5

Specialties:
Weapons +2
Powers +2 (Fire control)

Imahle known on Earth as Felicity Frederiks is an alien being born from a star, the sentient star-being sent her forth to explore the universe for other intelligent life. She didn't find any at first for she was the daughter of a star and expected them to all be starchildren, instead she discovered that the small rock and water worlds could sustain life. Finding Earth, she shed much of her power to pass for a human and has since acted as a heroine to aid those humans in need, realizing how fragile they were when she encountered an airplane plunging out of the sky. She flew into the damage plane and rescued the dozen or so humans inside as quickly as possible, because of their panic from the fall suggesting to her they fear the fall, and likely it would damage or kill them! Since then she's spent her time learning what humans are like, and using her powers for the greater good.

Qualities:
I am the child of a living star!
I'm kind of new to this all.
Deeds, not words, matter!

Another Icons!

CAPTAIN CORIOLIS
(Transformed)

ABILITIES
Prowess Great 6
Coordination Fair 4
Strength Fair 4
Intellect Good 5
Awareness Good 5
Willpower Good 5

Stamina: 11
Determination: 4

SPECIALTIES
Investigation
Stealth

POWERS
Spinning 7
Extras:
Fast Attack

QUALITIES
I'll spin your right 'round!
You can't touch this!
Don't Blink!

BACKGROUND
As his nation's first astronaut, Alexander "Xander" McMullan was exposed to strange radiation.
Some say it was unexpected, others say an unexpected astronomical event occurred, and a few
believe it was planned. In any case, within a week Alexander "Xander" McMullan felt strange.
Shortly thereafter, powers manifested and he became Captain Coriolis.
Alexander "Xander" McMullan had a good soul and a keen mind.
Since his transformation, as Captain Coriolis he has worked tirelessly to save lives and minimize
suffering in the world.

Why yes, I stole two song partial lyrics and another geek in joke, but qualities for these guys can be tiring.

Going to do Barbarians of Lemuria and Dogs of W*A*R back to back today and tomorrow. BoL is first; this is using the Legendary Edition rules.

Name: Taraxes, aka Taraxes of Malakut, aka Taraxes the Trader

Strength 1
Agility 1
Mind 1
Appeal 1

Brawl 0
Melee 2
Ranged 1
Defense 1

Careers:
1st: Laborer 0
2nd: Mercenary 2
3rd: Pirate 1
4th: Merchant 1

Known Languages: Lemurian, Sea Tongue, Beshaari
Birthplace: Malakut

Boons: Fighting-Spear
Flaws: None

Gear: Khastok Spear, Dagger, Fine Clothing, Light Armor, Townhouse in Malakut, Small Merchant Ship and Crew

Background: Taraxes was born in the city of Malakut to a poor family of laborers. He entered that trade as well as soon as he was strong enough to do the work, but wanted something more; preferably something that would take him away from the city. A company of mercenary spearmen took him in and trained him in time to be a skillful and fearsome fighter. He served with the mercenaries for a time, alternating between garrison duty and campaigns against other city-states. After a particularly bad defeat, his unit disbanded and Taraxes fell in with a group of pirates and smugglers, traveling around the Gulf of Satarla. He saved as much of his shares as he could, and learned much about the ways of the sea. Eventually, he had saved enough gold to set himself up as an independent trader, working the circuit from port to port. Today he is a moderately successful merchant, with a home in Malakut once more, though he spends a great deal of time traveling, looking for profitable adventures.

Shell Shock

Name: Rfn. 08154711 Patel, DRank: RiflemanRôle: Killer
Attitude towards the conflict: Pacifist (you take one look at those poor sods and you know that revolution is their only way out from under)
Attitude towards the army: Sheep (while the UNSMC may treat you better than Anderson-Matsumoto treats the Chasma wage-slaves, it doesn't treat you much better; so keep your head down and clip your tape each night)
Search: ⨂⨂◯◯◯Heart: ⨂⨂⨂⨂◯Grit: ⨂◯◯
Destroy: ⨂⨂⨂⨂⨂Mind: ⨂⨂⨂◯◯Frustration: ◯◯◯
HEALTH:◯ Protection◯ Hit◯ Wounded◯ Dead
STRESS:◯ Nervous◯ Agitated◯ Panicked◯ Shell Shock
Violence
◯◯◯◯ ◯◯
⋂​
◯◯◯◯ ◯◯◯Fear
Indifference
◯◯◯◯◯ ◯◯
⋃​
◯◯◯◯ ◯◯◯Guilt

“Since I was little I wanted to join the Space Marines. I mean, who didn't? Protecting humanity from Aliens and keeping the space-lanes free of Pirates! So I joined up six years ago but the bloody Aliens fermidoxed on us and there's no pirates; like, at all. Logistics of space travel, impossible. Naw, all I got is drills and drills and drills and boring hauls to Neptune and back with daily drills both ways and waiting for the Security Council's next brain fart. It's not that I can't understand those idiots: they spent bazillions for all this fancy gear and ships and whatnot, so they want some return on investment. After all, we're the only military weight they can throw around these days. Thank the gods command didn't send me to the Bavarian secession! That was a monumental cock-up but they had a diplomatic solution before anybody noticed that we totally suck in a dirtside light infantry role. And now I'm here on Mars to keep the peace so that AnderMats can make a killing on the stock market. And the Chasmans, all they are really fighting for is their bloody kids! I mean, put a mixed workforce in a cramped place, it's bound to happen. And AM gives a shit about it. Schools? A datapad and freeware educs! Rad-shielding — who needs it? Baby formula? Just water down the protein glop! You know there's exactly two OB-GYNs on the entire planet, right?, for a 1.5m population. Humanitarian crisis? Hell no, we're here to protect company assets. Like this geothermal plant here. Or is it areothermal? The Chasmans sure aren't going to blow it up. They're no fools, they might divert some power to their housing, for luxuries like heating. But trust in me, AnderMats, I'll make sure every single watt-hour goes to your fucking lithium processor.”

That link is 404. Is there anywhere else to get this game? Looks interesting.

As I mentioned yesterday, today's character is for Dogs of W*A*R* from Beyond Belief Games (this the older version, not the more recent one).

Name: Henry Talmadge, Codename: Parrot
Nationality: American

Strength 0
Agility 1
Mind 1
Appeal 2

Brawl 1
Melee 0
Ranged 1
Defense 2

Lifeblood: 10
Exploit Points: 5

Background: Political
Specializations: Faceman 2, Sneak 2, Snoop 1, Soldier 1

Languages: English, Russian, German, Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish

Boons: Stylish, Current Affairs, Contacts (Intelligence Community)
Flaws: Phobia (Boats), Greed

Gear: Varies by mission, but in his main undercover role, he wears good clothing (typically a nice suit) and carries a briefcase containing a disguise kit and surveillance equipment. He keeps a light pistol, brass knuckles, and light body armor concealed on his person. If expecting significant combat, he'll be more heavily armed and armored.

Background: Henry joined the U.S. State Department in 1962 fresh out of college, finding it a natural fit for his skills and abilities. His talents eventually got him noticed by the CIA, who recruited him as an asset. His ability to blend in almost anywhere and earn the trust of others served him well as a spy, as did his talent for languages, but one day a mission on a cruise liner that went horribly wrong left him "out in the cold", as the spies say, and gave him a lingering fear of boats as well (to this day, he will not willingly travel on one). At loose ends, the Dogs recruited him in 1979 to join the organization, needing someone like him who could operate with subtlety to smooth the rough edges of an operation. For now, Henry mostly sees it as a way to keep getting paid for what he's good at, and if there are opportunities to make a little extra on the side, all the better...

That link is 404. Is there anywhere else to get this game? Looks interesting.

This one? Sorry, file moved; try here. (I would have put the link in the clear, but the forum inserts a huge pdf viewer widget.) Shell Shock is pretty lightweight, but definitely worth checking out. It pushed just about every of my war RPG buttons, but it has some parts players might consider tedious (mostly writing letters to sort of get their hp back). And it's more All Quiet on the Western Front than Kelly's Heroes, mind.

Day #22
Reign Enchiridion

Sartle Vin
Stats
Body: 2
Coordination: 3
Sense: 3
Knowledge: 3
Command: 3
Charm: 2

Skills
Native Language MD
Fight 1
Ride 1
Tactics 1
Inspire 1
Lore 1
Heal 1
Languages 2
Dodge 3
Climb 2
Dagger 1
Run 3
Stealth 3
Plead 3
Sight 1
Lie 1

Cooking ex 5
Student plants and herbs +5
Beauty (3)

Lowly Beggar
Petty thief
Cutpurse
Squad Leader
Lowly Sage

Outstanding Cook
Love Triangle

Sartle started out an orphan begging on the streets of Blackholm. His alertness and agility caught the attention of the local thieves guild who brought him into the fold. He progressed nicely but longed for something more than the life of a thief. His stealth and cooking skills found a use in a mercenary company traveling through. Joining up with the he rose to lead a small squad if men. The work didn't appeal to Sartle. Too much oppressing folks like who he grew up with. Add to that he'd fallen in love with the commanders mistress. The affection was not returned. A scribe sponsored him to join the academy. No longer a clear leader Sartle enjoys the work but not the position.

MSH!

Name: Dr. Dynamic (Tami Washington)
Origin: High Tech
Popularity: 5/10
Resources: GD (8)

F GD (8)
A EX (16)/RM (26)
S GD (8)/EX (16)
E GD(8)
R IN (36)
I RM (26)
P GD (8)

Powers: 3/4
Magnetic Manipulation: Amazing (46)
Flight: Excellent (16)
Body Armor: Remarkable (26)

Talents 2/5
Sharp Weapons
Physics

Contacts:
Sentient Corporation

The Sentient Corporation, working on Artificial Intelligence hired Dr. Tami Washington to work in their physics department in Las Angeles. She was a stellar employee, offering ways to utilize alternate physics solutions to help overcome their storage issues. When one of their experimental A.I's went rogue. Tami like many others working for the corporation were locked inside their laboratories. Unable to override the computers control, and its attempt to seize power of humanity through their self phones, she quickly manufactured the Doctor. (Doc) Dynamic suit, utilizing powerful electromagnetic forces, she was able to escape, find the server the A.I had hidden itself inside, and magnetically wipe the entire system, with a focused EM blast.

Tami continues to work for the Sentient Corporation on A.I.'s but does so with an abundance of caution (like most of her coworkers.)
Tami is trained in Kendo, and uses that skill to apply to real world swords, which she can fashion out of ferrous materials if needed. Though she relies more on her magnetic abilities, its nice to have a back up just in case.

ICONS

Name: Covert Commando ( James Brooks )
Origin: Trained

Prowess: 5
Coordination: 6
Strength: 4
Intellect: 5
Awareness: 3
Willpower:5

Stamina: 9
Determination: 3

Powers:
Supersenses: Enhanced Hearing +2, Enhanced Vision +2, Enhanced Olfactory +2
Leaping 5
Invisibility: 5

Specialties:
Linguistics
Investigation 2
Martial Arts

James was born to a poor farming family in Oklahoma, where the land really wasn't worth more than the time and energy his family through three generations put into--and their crops did fairly well at local markets, never enough to send James and his brothers off to college, though he did manage to win a scholarship for OU. While there one of his professors noted his drive to do anything to improve himself and his family's' situation, contacting an old friend, they discussed his situation and sent him to school in Japan, where he was pushed harder than he ever imagined, all to become an actual ninja. He developed superhuman skills, such as his enhanced senses, his abilities to make superhuman leaps, and to cloud the minds of all who saw him. Even extending to clouding the minds of those watching old videos of him. The group who trained him, had also been farmers once, in the age when Samurai, true noble families ruled Japan; but had lost those farms due to political maneuvering of those very same Samurai.

They respected James willingness to learn, and even offered help on his families farm. He was married to a Japanese woman (also a ninja) by the name of Uyemura Toshiko. Many members of her family joined them and helped worked the farm using skills honed by their ancestors.

When a large company appeared with paperwork claiming they owned much of the land the combined families worked (once it was of course profitable.) James used his skills to find the original titles, and proved the deeds were his families without transferring ownership ever. Identifying forged documents he was able to make a legitimate case against the aggro-corporation.

Deciding such injustices should not be allowed, he began working to investigate other corporate manipulations.

Transhumanity's Fate is a great adaptation of Eclipse Phase to Fate Core; it allows you to use the concepts of Fate Core without losing the feel of Eclipse Phase.

Name: Delia Kanzaki

Background

Delia never knew her parents, and her only sibling was a fading memory. Left to fend for herself at a young age, she had to quickly learn how to navigate the streets. She saw early on what happened to girls on the street, so she took the androgynous name 'Del', hiding her gender. She learned about the criminal underground doing odd jobs among the other young boys in the 'Bottom', the literal representation of what her neighborhood was- the place where you had fallen as far as you were able to and still be on this side of the dirt. As she grew older, she realized that she would not be able to hide for much longer as her features softened, while the boys she worked alongside grew harder, and ingratiated herself to someone that she thought would protect her, trying to manipulate herself into a place where she would have options. Less than successful, she found herself close to being sold into slavery to one of the many houses, but was instead bought by one of the other oyabun that she worked for on occassion. What he saw in her, she never found out, but he invested a lot of effort and money into seeing her trained, and her sleeve upgraded. Before he could make use of her, she witnessed his death at the hands of interlopers. She tried to intervene, but was overmatched and defeated. Instead of the death that she expected, however, this was the start of her new life. Her oyabun traded in illicit stacks, and a firewall cell had infiltrated his organization in order to bring it down. One of the agents that she'd worked alongside had vouched for her, and she was brought into the cell.

Character

Codename: Intruder Background: Underclass Faction: Criminal Motivations: Find a Tribe, Survival, Stability High Concept: Talented Infiltrator with a Troubled Past Trouble: It's Hard to let go of the Past Aspect: My Body is a Weapon Aspect: I Have Learned to Adapt Refresh: 2

Phase One: How You Got Noticed

The clan that Delia ran with dealt in black market stacks – the stacks of those abandoned during the TITAN crisis. Some of these were the source of an exigent virus, and Firewall put an agent, Kano Seiji, in place to find out the source of these stacks. Delia became close with the agent, never knowing who he was, and when Firewall extracted him, they forcibly extracted her also.

Phase Two: A Recent Mission

Similar to what Kano Seiji had done, Delia was put in place in a small scavenger gang because the problem of corrupted stacks had arisen again, and they wanted to know if this was truly an xrisk, or was it just a case of bad trips by the people harvesting the Egos. It turned out to be nothing, but it did stir up memories being there.

Phase Three: Crossing Paths

Meeting Kano again brought those same memories of her life before to the forefront. This mission was an active infiltration of a corporate entity to remove data from their possession of a particular gatecrashing exploration. The mission went to spec, but the memories surfaced jeopardized that ending. Kano helped Delia work through her memories in order to get the mission accomplished, and they grew closer as a result.

Phase Four: Crossing Paths Again

Undercover in an underground fighting ring, Delia found herself outed by the hacker she'd been sent to find and silence. One of the fighters, Makov Rizova, stepped in to help her turn the tables on the hacker, finishing her mission. In return, she did what Kano had done for her- extracted Rizova from his forcible indentured servitude in the underground.

Ego
Skills

Great (+4):
Fight, Infiltrate Good (+3): Athletics, Notice Fair (+2): Shoot, InfoSec, Investigate Average (+1): Deceive, Cover, Rapport, Will, Somatics

Stunts

By My Hand, Set the World in Motion:
Through a combination of speed, dexterity, and uncanny timing, you always have a path forward. In a static environment, this means that you are capable of crazy parkour-like movement to get almost anywhere that could be physically accessed. In a more fluid environment you are impossible to pin down or fence in, as you’ll always find the gap. Mental Blueprint: You’re highly skilled at visualizing the whole of a target based on just a part of it. When casing a location, you receive a +2 on Infiltration rolls to create an advantage. Silent Takedown: You're skilled at taking down opponents giving them no chance to respond. When you can surprise an enemy or attack from a place of hiding, with a successful attack, you create a boost. If you succeed with style, you get to invoke that boost for free twice.

Morph

Type: Biomorph, Flat, Augmented Aspects: 100% pure old-fashioned home-grown, Black market augments Traits: Essential Biomorph Traits (Cortical Stack, Mesh Inserts) Stunts: Stealth, Reflex Boosters Durability: Good (+3) Stress Boxes: 4 Refresh Cost: 1

Muse

When her Mesh was implanted and her Muse installed, it gave her a sense of security. This was someone that would never leave her, and so she named it Kaneko – her only memory of her brother being his name.

Investigate: Average (+1) InfoSec: Fair (+2) Stress Boxes: 2

Transhumanity's Fate is a great adaptation of Eclipse Phase to Fate Core; it allows you to use the concepts of Fate Core without losing the feel of Eclipse Phase.

Name: Delia Kanzaki

Background

Delia never knew her parents, and her only sibling was a fading memory. Left to fend for herself at a young age, she had to quickly learn how to navigate the streets. She saw early on what happened to girls on the street, so she took the androgynous name 'Del', hiding her gender. She learned about the criminal underground doing odd jobs among the other young boys in the 'Bottom', the literal representation of what her neighborhood was- the place where you had fallen as far as you were able to and still be on this side of the dirt. As she grew older, she realized that she would not be able to hide for much longer as her features softened, while the boys she worked alongside grew harder, and ingratiated herself to someone that she thought would protect her, trying to manipulate herself into a place where she would have options. Less than successful, she found herself close to being sold into slavery to one of the many houses, but was instead bought by one of the other oyabun that she worked for on occassion. What he saw in her, she never found out, but he invested a lot of effort and money into seeing her trained, and her sleeve upgraded. Before he could make use of her, she witnessed his death at the hands of interlopers. She tried to intervene, but was overmatched and defeated. Instead of the death that she expected, however, this was the start of her new life. Her oyabun traded in illicit stacks, and a firewall cell had infiltrated his organization in order to bring it down. One of the agents that she'd worked alongside had vouched for her, and she was brought into the cell.

Character

Codename: Intruder Background: Underclass Faction: Criminal Motivations: Find a Tribe, Survival, Stability High Concept: Talented Infiltrator with a Troubled Past Trouble: It's Hard to let go of the Past Aspect: My Body is a Weapon Aspect: I Have Learned to Adapt Refresh: 2

Phase One: How You Got Noticed

The clan that Delia ran with dealt in black market stacks – the stacks of those abandoned during the TITAN crisis. Some of these were the source of an exigent virus, and Firewall put an agent, Kano Seiji, in place to find out the source of these stacks. Delia became close with the agent, never knowing who he was, and when Firewall extracted him, they forcibly extracted her also.

Phase Two: A Recent Mission

Similar to what Kano Seiji had done, Delia was put in place in a small scavenger gang because the problem of corrupted stacks had arisen again, and they wanted to know if this was truly an xrisk, or was it just a case of bad trips by the people harvesting the Egos. It turned out to be nothing, but it did stir up memories being there.

Phase Three: Crossing Paths

Meeting Kano again brought those same memories of her life before to the forefront. This mission was an active infiltration of a corporate entity to remove data from their possession of a particular gatecrashing exploration. The mission went to spec, but the memories surfaced jeopardized that ending. Kano helped Delia work through her memories in order to get the mission accomplished, and they grew closer as a result.

Phase Four: Crossing Paths Again

Undercover in an underground fighting ring, Delia found herself outed by the hacker she'd been sent to find and silence. One of the fighters, Makov Rizova, stepped in to help her turn the tables on the hacker, finishing her mission. In return, she did what Kano had done for her- extracted Rizova from his forcible indentured servitude in the underground.

Ego
Skills

Great (+4):
Fight, Infiltrate Good (+3): Athletics, Notice Fair (+2): Shoot, InfoSec, Investigate Average (+1): Deceive, Cover, Rapport, Will, Somatics

Stunts

By My Hand, Set the World in Motion:
Through a combination of speed, dexterity, and uncanny timing, you always have a path forward. In a static environment, this means that you are capable of crazy parkour-like movement to get almost anywhere that could be physically accessed. In a more fluid environment you are impossible to pin down or fence in, as you’ll always find the gap. Mental Blueprint: You’re highly skilled at visualizing the whole of a target based on just a part of it. When casing a location, you receive a +2 on Infiltration rolls to create an advantage. Silent Takedown: You're skilled at taking down opponents giving them no chance to respond. When you can surprise an enemy or attack from a place of hiding, with a successful attack, you create a boost. If you succeed with style, you get to invoke that boost for free twice.

Morph

Type: Biomorph, Flat, Augmented Aspects: 100% pure old-fashioned home-grown, Black market augments Traits: Essential Biomorph Traits (Cortical Stack, Mesh Inserts) Stunts: Stealth, Reflex Boosters Durability: Good (+3) Stress Boxes: 4 Refresh Cost: 1

Muse

When her Mesh was implanted and her Muse installed, it gave her a sense of security. This was someone that would never leave her, and so she named it Kaneko – her only memory of her brother being his name.

Investigate: Average (+1) InfoSec: Fair (+2) Stress Boxes: 2

Eclipse Phase is the sort of setting that makes me wish I could enjoy FATE. The EP system is an unnecessary mess and quite frankly it’s not easy to handle characters with multiple implants and modifications in any system.

Last edited:
For Tiny Frontiers Revised:

Name: Fred Dax
Heritage: Splinter (Splinters, as pictured in the book, look kinda like an underdeveloped Groot)
Heritage Trait: Unsettling
Traits: Chemist; Xenotech Expert; Marksman
Weapon Proficiency: Light Ranged
Weapon Expertise: Throwing Knives
Family Trade: Chef
Belief: Everyone deserves gourmet food
Posessions: 10 GalCreds; Explorer's Pack; Vacsuit; Throwing Knives
Hit Points: 5

This one was also pretty quick and easy, although it did take a little longer than the 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars character.

Going back to the 70's today with Classic Traveller, and a character that uses just the first LBB.

Lt. Daphne Ryzen, Army 2, Rank 1, Age 26
Bayonet-1, Forward Observer-1, Mechanical-1, Rifle-1, SMG-1
Benefits: Rifle, SMG, Cr. 10,000

Her second term ended with a failed reenlistment roll, so I see her as very recently ex-military. Perhaps it was a drawdown due to a war ending, or she served in a mercenary unit that lost its contract. Either way, those credits won't last forever, and have gun(s), will travel.

Day #23
Extreme Vengeance

Professor Peter Gauge
Typecast: Bumbling Scholar
Guts 2
Coincidence 9

Repertoire: Comic Relief(4), Cue Card(4), Product Endorsement (3), Re-Shoot(1), Soundtrack (1),
BS-Scientific(2),BS-Build-Stuff(2),Flashback(2), Screen-Presence(1), Subtitles (2),Tight Two-Shot(1),3 free levels

NG: Defective Props(1) or Pray for Miracle(2),Slow Healing (1)

:irritated: Stay on target!
{:angel: :thought: Use the force, Bunch.}
:irritated: Stay on target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back