Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The boy raised an eyebrow. "I... see. I didn't know there were associations that allowed teenage member. May I ask what your association is about?"

As he was talking, he suddenly turned around, as if he had felt something they didn't.

"Mhm... seems like a Trash Tiger patrol is approaching. You might want to leave. I am... not convinced they will like you defacing their tag."

Somewhere else

<I'm telling you, Harem Anime are the worst!> Heather continued. <Seriously, it's always sooooo cliché! Always the same stupid story about some clueless male moron with an army of sexy girls looking to jump his bone! Can't they just do more stories about a girl with an army of beautiful men out to get in her panties for a change? I mean, if you're gonna be lecherous wish fullfillment fantasy material, you could at least make something for us ladies too!>

<Yes, I am sure the people who make these care a lot about gender equality,> Father Eugene snarked, his annoyance palpable through the telepathic connection. <Now please tell me you didn't ask me to cast a Whisper From Afar Charm between you and Ai just so you could rant about your tastes in crappy japanese cartoons!>

<Anime!> Ai and Heather both answered.

<Same difference. Now get to the point!>

<Right. So, you remember that child disappearance problem in Chinatown?>

<Hard to forget,> Ai answered. <My Princesses spend almost all their free time trying to collect informations about this. Have you made any progress on it?>

<Sort of. I still can't exactly find where they take these kids, but I did make some interesting discoveries. I already had suspicions about it after a few weeks of research, but after the interrogation of that guy Anabel and the Beast little girl caught, I was able to confirm it.>

<Confirm what?>

<This is't just a normal child traffic. These kids who are getting kidnapped... there is pattern between them. One the police hasn't exactly been able to get, but I was.>

<And what kind of pattern?>

<That's the interesting thing. All these kids had quite a few things in common. They were almost all cheerful, optimistic and highly sociable. A few apparently had at least some contact with the supernatural. And more importantly, they all had a tendency to have inexplicable absences, get out at night without their parents' approval... starting to notice?>

Ai froze in horror.

<.... They aren't just trying to kidnap children,> she realized. <They are trying to get Beacons and Princesses.>

"Association?" Annie echoed. "Oh yea. As you can see here" The girl waved at the graffiti "We are part of the new dawn. It's an anti-gang that will clean up this town!"
Annabella Ryder placed a hand on her chest "And I, Ann..." The girl bit off her speech. No real names! She almost forgot.
There was a second as her little brain thought up of something

Thinking about it, just Ann would be ok. "Yes... Ann... has placed this graffiti over the trash tigers logo to signal that they are our first target, and We want them to know! Know that the Trash Tigers time here is over! And it's time to hope again!"

A cough.

"Yea... that's what we are..."

"And I guess we better go... We can't be caught at this critical stage!" She shot a look "Come Associate. Lets go" She sneaked out of the Alley as best and as fast as she could.

In Front of the Old Hospital

As Dusk, Levi and Mary kept looking for ways to get pass the two guards, they started noticing a few details that could be useful. For starter, Mary noticed a large, rusty abandoned car on the side of the road; it didn't look like it'd still work, but she was pretty sure her Atavism could make her strong enough to lift it, and possibly use it as a shield. Dusk, meanwhile, noticed a small space in the corner of a wall, with a wooden board nailed on it; judging by its size, she suspected there was a hole behind large enough for her to squeeze through, provided she could sneak to it without getting shot. Finally, Levi noticed a long pole that seemed on the verge of falling, and deduced she could probably cause it to fall with a small push, ideally causing enough noise to distract the two thugs.

As the three of them were meditating on their various plans, with Mary storing a Nightmare in her fist, the two goons started talking:

"So how long have yah been assigned to the lab?"
"About three month. You?"
"Four days."

The second one snickered.

"Boss sent you as punishment, didn't he? Don't worry, you'll get used to it. If you want my advice, just stick to guarding and never enter the lab. Let the eggheads do their job. You don't wanna talk to them, especially the head guy."
"I heard about him. He was sent by that creepy lady the boss spends so much time with, wasn't he?"
"Yep. One of the many additions we got when the boss started, you know... changing. I would complain, but can't deny we got stronger than ever since that started. So I guess we should just accepted these weirdoes."
"Still would like to know what the fuck is going on..."
"Yeah, speaking of which, here's my next piece of advice, pal: don't ask too much question. You're just a henchmen for now, wait until you made it to the top to bother thinking."

Last edited:
Dusk turns to the other two and whispers, “Are either of you good at moving around quietly?”

"I would use a lot of words to describe myself. Loud, boastful, and increasingly violent all come to mind, but among all the possible words there are to describe me, I highly doubt that quiet is one of them.

"Anyway, do you have a plan, because I do, and loud, boastful and increasingly violent all describe it pretty well."

After making some distance away from the scene of the crime Annie turns to Anabel "So Brave Associate! Got any ideas in your brain? Or shall we go around and keep spreading the message?"

Dusk turns to the other two and whispers, “Are either of you good at moving around quietly?”
Mary just shook her head, eyeing the rusty old car. Bullets hurt, but that thing could probably absorb enough gunfire for her to get close enough to wreck some havoc. However, she waited to see what her teammates had to say first, she could adjust her plan as needed.

"All right!" Annie puffed her chest out. "Lets spread the message"
The girl gave one spray from her can for emphasis. And thus the operation to take down more tags began!

Annie and Anabel continued their walk through the various streets of the Slums, looking for more Trash Tigers tags to wreck. And many they found, much to Annie's enthousiasm. As the teenage girl was happily demolishing them, though, Anabel, still on her guard, quickly noticed something regarding the disposition of these tags; namely that they were disposed in a very specific pattern. They served as territory markers, obviously, but by there was more to it: by observing and writing down their disposition in the district, it was possible to establish not only the areas in which the Tigers had the more influence and activity, but also the exact path they would routinely follow when patrolling, and the various entrances, hidden or not, that their hideout was likely to have.

Anabel makes sure to make a note of the patterns in the tags, mapping out their likely areas of influence and estimating when they were in said tagged areas. This would make for useful information later.

Based on Anabel's notes, there appeared to be only one main entry to the warehouse, accessible from behind a junkyard, which appeared to be the only one known from the public. However, the tags suggested there were at least three more hidden, possibly more.

The first was through an old disaffected metro stations a few feet away from the Racoon, presumably the one they had used to come here this morning. The second was a hole in the wall of a park close to the warehouse, which apparently granted access through the back. And the last one was a small street, which apparently connected to the fire exit.

Seeing how they were all marked with a tag, the Tigers had to be aware of them, meaning they would all be guarded; still, some did appear easier to access than other.

Secret entrances. And given Annie's work, they'll know that we'll know pretty soon. "Alright," Anabel says to Annie after her latest tag. "We should probably report in."

“Well, if anything I can provide a distraction. I’ll let the two of you decide what to do with that distraction. Does that sound like a satisfactory plan?”

“Well, if anything I can provide a distraction. I’ll let the two of you decide what to do with that distraction. Does that sound like a satisfactory plan?”
Mary cracked her knuckles, her hunger making her rather eager to get this show on the road. She could use that car as cover, get in close, take out one of the gangers with her Nightmare, Levi could help handle the other one. Mary just nodded, keeping her words to a minimum for the moment.

"Well, I guess that's a hell of a lot better than what my plan would have entailed. Just give me a bit of a moment to prepare a good opening move."

Levi ducked down behind a wall near the perimeter of where they had to cross, and she started focusing intently on where she visualized the guard on the right to be, and started gathering lightning in her hand. She would be at this, checking out from behind her cover to make sure she was still on track, for 35 second unless someone stopped her from doing that before gesturing to go ahead with her glowing right hand.

Annie was only paying attention to her work, but even she knew that a pattern was forming.
"Yea." She replied half-heartily as she looked at her lasted graffiti.
"The rubbish lions are just going to paint over these." Annabella said to herself "Not really caring about the meaning, but...." The girl put her hand against the wall, "I have to make them care"

Dusk took a quick detour away from the group and found a spot just around the corner. She sat down and got her guitar into position, and started to play a calm, soothing song in an effort to distract the troubled guards. Mary and Levi could watch them reacting to the sound with confusion, and they hesitantly decide to send one of them over to check out the source of the music. Now the pair of fighters only had one guard to deal with.

The two guards jumped in surprise when hearing the music.

"... What is this?!" the first one asked?
"Sounds like someone is playing music close..."
"Yeah, I got that, Shelock! But why? Who would want to play music here?"
"Don't look at me like that, I am as puzzled as you are!"

They kept a moment of silence, before the second hesitatingly said:

"... I am gonna go take a look."
"Okay, but be careful."

Nodding, the first guard started walking toward the music, his gun in the hand...

As soon as the first guard was out of sight heading towards the distraction, she let loose the lightning in a blinding flash and roar like a bolt from the sky, rattling the world around them. Unfortunately, for as much as she had charged it, it didn't have nearly as much devastating effect as she had hoped for as much time as she spent charging it up. As she did, she ducked back behind the dilapidated car and hoped that everyone would just accept that it was a bolt out of the blue.

The guard screamed in pain as the blue lightning struck him, inflicting terrible burns. He managed to stay alive and concious, but his whole body was smoking and marked with horrifying wounds. His shriek promptly alert his comrad, who immediately rushed to his help.

"You're alright? What the fuck was that?!"

As he approached to help him, he turned around and noticed a silver-and-gold haired silhouette trying to hide behind a car.

"Here!" he screamed, before shooting in haste at her. The Princess managed to get behind a car, but a bullet went through her, injuring her a bit. Now however, both guards were close by, making it easier to attack then without giving them time to shoot further.

"I'll go bigger." Annie looked up to the top of the wall as she imagined the spray painting get bigger until it covered the entire building.
The girl stepped back "I wont let my art stay in the back alleys. I'll spread out. I'll let my pantings be shown, I'll show people that fear isn't the only note that can be sung here."

A single tear flowed down her left cheek. "Will you guys be helping me?"

Anabel thought it. "Annie. I won't lie to you. It's an ambitious plan. Visionary, even."
"Won't work. Even if we ignore the fact that you don't have the paint, the scaffolding, or the permits for projects of this large scale, most news reports will call you a misguided vandal. Most of these will probably be painted over in a few weeks, either by the gang, business owners, or the city itself. The rest will fade into background noise."
"You've got energy kid, but... sometimes you got to know when to connect with where the power really is. Let's report in; I have a bathroom to find when we're done."

Levi was definitely not happy about this turn of events, being shot at on two fronts after she had planned on taking out the first guard in a single second, and now she was half pinned down. But, if nothing else, she was capable of improvising a plan around being shot like she had before.

After a split second after the both of the thugs fired, one catching her in the side, she popped out of her limited cover and let another lightning bolt loose at the person that SHOULD have been dead. Of course, it turned out, he just needed a bit more juice to his body, as he collapsed in a dead or dying heap of body.

“I’ll find a way.” Annie smiled grimly, and then her smile widened “I’m a spades after all, finding a way around the rules is my job!”

The girl nodded “but yes, let’s report in.”

Mary rushed into action, heart pounding. She broke into a full sprint at the last guard, reaching them rather quickly. She unleashed a quick blow, not a very powerful one on its own, but there was more than physical force contained within that blow. A vision formed in his mind, the ruination of everything he cared about taking place in a few seconds, carried out by something that knew no pity, no mercy. The man buckled and fell, the mental assault too much.

Anabel found a nearby gas station. "Wait here. I'll be back in a little bit." In the restroom, they detransformed and sent his report to Silveran. It was a very dry report that included the incident in the hardware store (with an invoice for the supplies Anabel used), Annie calling their group the "New Dawn," her work with the tags, and everything Anabel had figured out about the tags in general, concluding with something to the effect of, "Investigation ongoing, will send another report tomorrow."

After a little bit of rest, Anthon retransformed. Anabel left the restroom and found Annie, "So? Had enough fun today?"

Annie let her transformation drop while Anabel was in the restroom. Going back to plain old Annabella Ryder.
"Well. I made a start." Annie responded to Anabel's question. "There is going to be a bit of a task ahead of us."
A smurk came across the girl's features "You know, I imagine the others are going to be quite...a... while." The girl stood on her tip toes "So.... how about we go shopping? Let our hair down" Annabella span around "I'm also curious about what you look like in your natural state!"

Anabel shook her head, "I don't spend; I invoice. And I can't risk compromising that secret. Sorry."

Annabella seemed to deflate when she heard that answer.
“You really are boring.” The girl eyed Anabel up and down. “So your life is just ‘wake up, do secret things, order stuff online and then go to sleep?’”

“And here I was thinking that you were one of those secret people who got told by a certain head secret person that they are totally the one that would save everyone even though that person has told lots of other people that and they didn’t save everyone.”

Annie pulled out her phone “but no, I don’t think one of those would be as boring as you.”

"Trust me, I've had a lot more excitement today than I do as a mundane. And no, I'm not one of those. And based on my experiences with Silveran, that's a positive."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back