CURSED! Modern Horror Roleplaying game base on Knave

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Kobayashi

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Hi everyone, (does someone read these things here?, oh well).

CURSED_COVER_forum.jpg

I'll spare you the marketing blurb. I wanted a simple and customisable rpg to run modern (late 19th-contemporary setting) horror adventures. I liked Knave and the item slots system reminded me. of Resident Evil's inventory.It comes with horror-themed spells (no regular D&D spells here) and a bestiary (and tools to customise them and create your own).

I was also quite surprised to hear how many people think running horror adventurex is harder than other genres (probably because of some edgelords who think a "good" horror game must end with the players suffering PTSD). So I added short and concrete guidelines to help anyone run a horror game.

It's also released under a a Creative Commons 4.0 International License: so people can share and adapt the gamel for any purpose, including commercially, as long as you give attribution.

You can find the game on DTRPG, it's a 12 pages PDF and costs 2,50$.

Tell your friends to buy it, I need to buy a house :grin:

Attachments

• CURSED_COVER_S.jpg
    CURSED_COVER_S.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
I picked up a copy too. That's a intriguing way of awarding XP. I'm definitely stealing it.

I picked up a copy too. That's a intriguing way of awarding XP. I'm definitely stealing it.

Thank you! I used this method in one of my previous games (Extinction), it took two adventures for my players to get used to that XP method but it did create a nice dynamic at the table.

Last edited:
For those of you who prefer printed copies of their game books, Cursed! now comes as a 33 pages zine illustrated by Charles Ferguson-Avery. Digest sized. Saddle stitched. Creamy paper. Considering Brexit and all that will be a better option than DTRPG (which doesn't do saddle stiteched or creamy paper anyway).

Now available on Lulu!

cursed_1.JPG

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back