Cyberpunk 2077

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Maybe it's because I have an Xbox One X with its slightly beefer specs, maybe it's because the game is on an external HHD with a flash cache which while not the fastest thing around anymore, is a good sight better than the stock drive, but it plays well enough for me and it's still a beaut.

BeforeGigV.jpg

AfterGigV.jpg

PacificaV.jpg

You kid, but many of the skimpiest clothing choices still point out it's weaved with aramid. :grin:

Mu armor total with the skimpiest outfit is 810. My normal "work" outfit has my total armor at 1240...I also have the Legendary Satori Katana...sneak into position, then before they can react, 2-3 slices and they are dead before raising the alarm..

I have to say, it is pretty satisfying to jump down in a group of Tyger Claws go-gangers and taking them all out with a katana before they draw any weapons.

I also like how my wired reflexes now go off automatically when the enemy first notice me.

Has anyone tried the monofilament whip yet?

I have to say, it is pretty satisfying to jump down in a group of Tyger Claws go-gangers and taking them all out with a katana before they draw any weapons.

I also like how my wired reflexes now go off automatically when the enemy first notice me.

Has anyone tried the monofilament whip yet?
I've been using Gorilla arms, but it's something I'll put in on the next playthrough.

I went with those mantis blades and they are very much like trying to wield two giant pair of scissors. The animation gets so into impaling and lifting people up that I get shot a lot. I'm thinking of trying the wire but accidentally chopping my own head off.

I tried the mono wire early in the game, I haven't played with it in a while. Mantis Blades are fun.

Last edited:
Just met a great NPC called Barry. He's a large black bar that takes up a large portion of the lower screen. After surviving a few reloads and about five hours of gameplay he met his end when the game decided to finally drop him from the HUD :cry:

My friends were disappointed with mantis blades and monofilament.

I went with those mantis blades and they are very much like trying to wield two giant pair of scissors. The animation gets so into impaling and lifting people up that I get shot a lot. I'm thinking of trying the wire but accidentally chopping my own head off.
Didn’t you see the first teaser? Get crazy with the Mantis Blades and Max-TAC gets the drop on you.

Didn’t you see the first teaser? Get crazy with the Mantis Blades and Max-TAC gets the drop on you.

God I wish this was the game we got...

So as I don't have to ask, based on this video, how much of this is accurate?

Just finished it (story and basically all side quests). Wait for others to in order to see what ye think.
Nice!

I've been dragging it out and doing a lot of Punisher style strikes against gang members.

My spoiler question is it seems like there are 2 or 3 story arc options for the bio chip, do they all link together?

My spoiler question is it seems like there are 2 or 3 story arc options for the bio chip, do they all link together?
Sort of. It depends on what you do. There are endings where one of the quest lines sort of doesn't matter. You still have to do it though regardless

I am going to fry and finish the game this weekend.

Just finished it (story and basically all side quests). Wait for others to in order to see what ye think.

I'm playing this like I did Skyrim. So I probably won't finish until after the first DLC is out and I'm 400+ hours into the game.

I have like 3 Vs so far, and I'm playing all of them, exploring everything.

I'm playing this like I did Skyrim. So I probably won't finish until after the first DLC is out and I'm 400+ hours into the game.

I have like 3 Vs so far, and I'm playing all of them, exploring everything.
Me too.

Takemura (text): "Now is the time to act, V. Can you meet me?"
V (texting two days later): "Maybe. I might go hang out at Judy's. Braindance or something idk. ttyl, Goro."

Wow, I did the side quests and as much of the gigs as a I found but I've there's a load of NCPD stuff I didn't touch.

Wow, I did the side quests and as much of the gigs as a I found but I've there's a load of NCPD stuff I didn't touch.
I'm surprised that so far that NCPD gigs are not rinse and repeat. Each one has been different.

I seriously feel like I'm playing the Punisher 2077 and dating Judy Alvarez. And I'm okay with that.

Two questions.

For people who played the tabletop does it "match" how you imagined the setting? I know it's much further in the future than the TTRPG but still.

What exactly is Judy Alvarez's accent? I've never heard that accent before. Linguistically the accent is quite unusual.

Last edited:
Two questions.

For people who played the tabletop does it "match" how you imagined the setting? I know it's much further in the future than the TTRPG but still.

What exactly is Judy Alvarez's accent? I've never heard that accent before. Linguistically the accent is quite unusual.
Judy asked me over for pizza tonight, I'll try to work her accent into the conversation. :tongue: I listened to some youtube clips of her talking and sometimes there is no strong accent. The voice actress is Carla Tassara from WashingtonDC, but that doesn't really help. She has voiced several Hispanic characters in other games, though.

I've been reading the netrunning in CP Red and it does not seem similar at all to CP2077. I like CP 2077 better. Where you can see wi fi connections and hack them. In the ttg it is more like CP2020 where the netrunner's avatar go into the system. They describe it as an elevator and each floor has something hidden (Data, Black ICE, codewalls, etc). I don't like this elevator/floor approach and even when we played 2020, the deckers could set the virtual world to look like whatever they wanted. So instead of elevator/floor construct it could be you're in a 1950's office looking through virtual filing cabinets and actual folders or it looked like a forest and you're picking "fruit" and avoiding wild animals.

When I run it I'll do it more like the video game for wi fi things (cameras, doors, cellphones, cyberware, etc) and then if they jack into a corporate data fortress I'll do it more like CP 2020. I will use the new, highly regulated Net and dark net beyond.

Darker and dirtier. Wet, almost always raining. A lot less police interference.

Edit: This is NOT intended as a dig on the video game. This is just how I've always run it.

Last edited:
Two questions.

Tabletop setting is quite different. It is almost post-Apocalypse. Global economy is trashed and I do mean trashed, as in all the big containers ships for global commerce were destroyed. No one is making hi tech things any more, everything seems to be scavenged or looted from intact caches (apparently there is a lot of stuff "still in the box" waiting for enterprising Edgerunners to find). Global information network seems to be trashed as well. Big contrast to 2077 where it feels like a modern economy.

Judy sounds like East Coast Puerto Rican to me and Jackie SoCal Mexican.

Last edited:
Judy sounds like East Coast Puerto Rican to me
Thanks! Listening to a few people on youtube that seems to match and I was able to find a linguistic description of the accent that matches what my ear was picking up*.

* For anybody interested the main features are elimination of d and the treatments of r. Very technically the lateral quality of the r

It should be worked into the Street Cred mechanism.
I got the impression that one or two of the Side Jobs (not Gigs or NCPD stuff) did differ based on current street cred, but I might be totally wrong. Could have been just based on main story progression.

I thought the Tyger Claws especially would attack me on sight after I'd killed so many of them, but just recently they didn't seem to notice.

In their defense, I was wearing a new jacket. LOL

I thought the Tyger Claws especially would attack me on sight after I'd killed so many of them, but just recently they didn't seem to notice.
I almost start feeling sorry for the Tyger Claws because they are so pathetic but then I remember
what they did to Evelyn
and return to my mission of extermination.

My true love girlfriend, Judy Alvarez, wants to take the Clouds away from them, so their doomed on that front.
And I like the Kabuki district and it's just not big enough for me and the Tyger Claws.
Seriously, when Maiko said leave or I'll call Tyger Claw security I was disappointed the options were "Fine" and "I don't want to be your enemy." I wanted "Call them.(prepping to activate wired reflexes)

Tabletop setting is quite different. It is almost post-Apocalypse. Global economy is trashed and I do mean trashed, as in all the big containers ships for global commerce were destroyed. No one is making hi tech things any more, everything seems to be scavenged or looted from intact caches (apparently there is a lot of stuff "still in the box" waiting for enterprising Edgerunners to find). Global information network seems to be trashed as well. Big contrast to 2077 where it feels like a modern economy.
Not the 2020 version of the game, are you talking v3?

I would have really liked some Cyberaudio so I could listen to the radio stations while running around killing people (with fast travel i don't need to drive much). Seems like an easy-ish feature to add.

with fast travel i don't need to drive much
This is actually the first game I never used fast travel in. I just really liked going around on Jackie's bike for some reason. Found cars quite boring to drive in, but bikes are cool.

Just finished. I need time to process.
Which ending did you go for?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back