Cyberpunk 2077

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
V stayed with Alt and Johnny took her body.

Cooperate with Arasaka or some other ending?

I played two endings (one with variation).

Johnny+Rogue rush the place and then I went through both V and Johnny getting the body
Then I did the Aldecaldos ending with V getting the body.

The latter is a good ending for a female V with Judy romance.
The first set was very bleh

This is actually the first game I never used fast travel in. I just really liked going around on Jackie's bike for some reason. Found cars quite boring to drive in, but bikes are cool.

Which ending did you go for?
I like the bikes better than the cars, too. Although, I did once steal a nice go-ganger hot rod.

Reading around after finishing the game and there's a ton of Polish and more generally Slavic references in the game just like the Witcher, e.g. the Nicola drink is a reference to the novels of Victor Pelevin.

My xbox screenshots are not uploading. I had to take an actual screen shot with a camera to get them. Weird.

Here's my female V ready to party in Kabuki (those are mantis arms that open up into blades) and then on her bike.
Photo on 1-2-21 at 7.22 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 1-2-21 at 7.25 PM.jpg
Photo on 1-2-21 at 7.26 PM.jpg
Judy Alvarez on her rooftop talking about Evelyn.
Photo on 1-2-21 at 7.28 PM #2.jpg

So Picaroon Jack Picaroon Jack , how did you feel about the game overall? Which ending did you get?
I did the Judy Romance, so I left the city with her and Panam with about 6 months to live.

I'm a fan. I didn't have a lot of expectations for CP 2077 but had a lot of nostalgia going into it. At some point, set on normal, I was a combat god and it stopped being challenging. I also think the mission tracker made it a bit too easy as well. I've been thinking about replaying it as a corpo sleaze.

Cool! Same ending as me. I loved that ending! I tried some of the other endings and they have a very different feel. Loved Judy's lake mission

Cool! Same ending as me. I loved that ending! I tried some of the other endings and they have a very different feel. Loved Judy's lake mission
That was a cool and touching mission. That one stands out. I kept expecting drone attacks or something, but it was cool just hangin with Judy. And no toxic rash from the water!!

I'm hearing there's another 15GB patch coming. Has it already arrived, if yes, what do people think? If not, are you looking forward to it?

I'm hearing there's another 15GB patch coming. Has it already arrived, if yes, what do people think? If not, are you looking forward to it?
The 1.1 patch was quite large, maybe it was that. The game was fine for me when I finished back in the 1.06-1.07 but most have said by 1.11 the game is grand on PC.

I had a 15g patch during the first week of release on xbox.

They're claiming that it's patch 1.11 that's large, and it came out today. Someone sent me this video, I haven't had a chance to look at it.

What is all this neck/throat cyberware suppose to be? So many characters have it.
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 11.35.24 AM.png

Isn't that a bit like saying "What's all these neck/throat tattoos supposed to be?" :hehe:

But, the minimal, I'm assuming are communications related. That one... I dunno. And as far as rule of cool, it doesn't even look cool to me.

Isn't that a bit like saying "What's all these neck/throat tattoos supposed to be?" :hehe:

But, the minimal, I'm assuming are communications related. That one... I dunno. And as far as rule of cool, it doesn't even look cool to me.
Goro Takemura has it and it almost looks like he had his body replaced except for his head.

I paused playing this to go back and do AC: Odyssey and maybe do AC: Valhalla. I enjoy odyssey a lot, and valhalla (surprisingly) a bit less.

WHY CYBERPUNK 2077 WAS SO DISAPPOINTING

It goes beyond the fact that they assumed everyone in 2020 would have a PS5 or Xbox X and half-assed last generation consoles before, oh no, it turned out those were less than a fraction of the owners that bought it due to Covid shortages and the majority of owners had a buggy ass piece of crap. No, I feel the problem is primarily storytelling and delivering far less than we deserved. This is why I feel the game feels undercooked.

1. I think that a lot of fans created a video game in their head which was completely divorced from the game that was promised and presented. There's people who are complaining about the Militech, Meredith Stout, and Night City PD plotlines that are completely products of their imagination of things that they thought they MIGHT do in the game. Ditto playing the corporations against each other and entirely separate Life Paths. I've actually PLAYED Cyberpunk 2020 and that game is all about being a mercenary criminal so this is silly.

BUT the game developers never gave a clear idea of what the game WAS supposed to be about: which was being a criminal in Night City like the tabletop game.

2. The game is pretty damn shallow and that is something that is entirely on CD Projekt Red. The game's main quest is about 30 hours and that's about 10 hours less than Dragon Age: Origins with far less focus on Companions and strong NPCs that make these sorts of games. Everyone generally likes Panam, Judy, River, and Kerry (they may even LOVE a couple of those) but the game is pretty absent of time to spend with them. Indeed, Johnny is about the only one you do get a decent time with. The plot is also incredibly "meh" in terms of stakes because you dying is something that isn't as motivating a quest as people think.

It's like Arthur Morgan's plot in RD2 except its absent the idea of Arthur trying to save his friends and doing a little good with his life in his little time left. V is just selfishly trying to save himself/herself and that makes him/her less interesting.

3. The game kills a staggering number of characters just before they actually get interesting and the player develops an attachment to them. Jackie, Evelyn, Dex, T-Bugg, and potentially Goro all end up dead before you can really build a storyline about them. In a game as short as this, the NPCs are going to determine whether or not you are going to become immersed in the world. Cutting out the entire first ACTs worth of companions leaves you with having to develop all those attachments again.

4. The game has no actual villain and that is pretty ridiculous in a fucking noir crime game. Yorinobu doesn't even know you're alive and you never face him down, Dex is killed by Goro before you can get revenge, and Adam Smasher has just a few lines here and there. Ironically, I most hated the Voodoo Boys but you deal with them (or don't) too much even when you might want to avenge Evelyn. As such, the game really feels impersonal as not only do you not have love to motivate you (jackie aside), you don't have hate.

5. So much of the game is busywork that is variations on the same theme. You do a massive amount of fighting gangs for the police (why?) and then you do work for 9 or 10 different Fixers who hire you for the same sort of things. While a few of the Fixers have personalities, you could work for half of them and have them be more developed.

6. The plot actually makes no goddamned sense after the Heist. You are supposedly guilty of murdering the world's richest man (Saburo Arasaka) but no one attempts to turn you over to Arasaka after Dex and plenty of these criminals actually hire you to their petty ass jobs. You're also dying and probably don't need a few hundred credits for murdering a local gang lord or kidnapping a woman guilty of manslaughter. In RD2, Arthur Morgan STOPS doing random sidequests and heists when he's dying or at least has the option of forgiving debt because money doesn't matter anymore. Hell, Arasaka never sends any more bounty hunters after you.

I miss hanging out with Jackie Wells.

View attachment 45872
The problem is that they had two separate stories, V's and Johnny Silverhands, and because of Keanu Reeves' involvement that meant that V's story had to be truncated and changed.

Worse, the Silverhand story doesn't work. His first encounter with Arasaka where he loses Alt is in 2013, which would put him and his friends at least in their 20s. And 2077 means it's literally 64 years later. His crew would be between 80-90 years old, and unlike Arasaka they wouldn't have access to the life extension tech. His story should have been about how time passed him by, and that no one remembers him or his vendetta.

But because they (probably an executive) wanted Keanu to be in the movie at all costs, they had to dump most of V's NPC's and story.

The problem is that they had two separate stories, V's and Johnny Silverhands, and because of Keanu Reeves' involvement that meant that V's story had to be truncated and changed.

Worse, the Silverhand story doesn't work. His first encounter with Arasaka where he loses Alt is in 2013, which would put him and his friends at least in their 20s. And 2077 means it's literally 64 years later. His crew would be between 80-90 years old, and unlike Arasaka they wouldn't have access to the life extension tech. His story should have been about how time passed him by, and that no one remembers him or his vendetta.

But because they (probably an executive) wanted Keanu to be in the movie at all costs, they had to dump most of V's NPC's and story.

This is a popular rumor but the story was always going to be Jackie dying early and Johnny Silverhand merging with you. The "best friend dies tragically so the player characters cares about the story" is hardly a new thing in video games and happens all the time. Hell, they even tried to do it in Knights of the Old Republic.

Also, Rogue and Kerry are the ones with access to life support tech being the world's greatest fixer and Kerry being a billionaire musician.

And that IS Johnny's story, even though it doesn't make sense since he's a guy who NUKED a city. The idea he made no change in the world is ludicrous.

This is a popular rumor but the story was always going to be Jackie dying early and Johnny Silverhand merging with you. The "best friend dies tragically so the player characters cares about the story" is hardly a new thing in video games and happens all the time. Hell, they even tried to do it in Knights of the Old Republic.

Also, Rogue and Kerry are the ones with access to life support tech being the world's greatest fixer and Kerry being a billionaire musician.

And that IS Johnny's story, even though it doesn't make sense since he's a guy who NUKED a city. The idea he made no change in the world is ludicrous.
Then the story is even WORSE than the rumour paints it. All those truncated stories they could have used were never fleshed out? Ouch.

And I was under the impression, because of just how big a reveal that a certain character was still alive despite all these years, that Life Extension tech was either something new, and/or secret. Which is why I didn't think that Eurodyne or Rogue would be alive or out of an Edgerunner Retirement Home. Also, if one has access to Life Extension, wouldn't you also get work done so you don't look like a 50-60 year old? Body sculpting IS a thing...

I MAY have missed some parts of the story. I was very disappointed by the lack of key features in the game, like an actual functional police system, like how GTA 3 or Saint's Row 2 had. Kept playing hoping it would get better.

I love the Cityscape though and the car designs.

It's only a few more days until the massive update and a few more after that until the Phantom Liberty DLC drops. They've stopped the embargo on both and we're already getting the deets about what it's going to be like:

Update 2.0

* New Skill Tree
* Cold Blooded is no longer a thing
* Crafting is no longer tied to Technical. You can craft anything as long as you have the Blueprints.
* Body limit for cybernetics now exists.
* You can improve cybernetics.
* Vehicular combat now exists
* Police in Night City now has a star system, will pursue, new AI, and Max Tac that will hit at 5 stars.
* You can now alter your V's appearance rather than just clothes.

Phantom Liberty

* You can play the game directly with a new character.
* The new area, Dogtown, will be composed of three districts in Eastern Pacifica.
* The Voodoo Boys will be back and massively expanded.
* The major faction will be the Barghests, ex-NUSA soldiers.
* Mr. Hands will have his own questline like the other Fixers, 10 missions.
* The campaign will be about 30 hours long.
* There will be a new ending to the main campaign.
* All of the love interests will have content if you've finished their quests.
* Dynamic events will now occur in the campaign.
* El Capitan will introduce you to car thefts around Night City ala Grand Theft Auto and so many other games.

It's only a few more days until the massive update and a few more after that until the Phantom Liberty DLC drops. They've stopped the embargo on both and we're already getting the deets about what it's going to be like:
I downloaded CP2077 a few days ago in expectation. Not sure if I wanna make a new dude and replay or just continue (I quit right before the final quests)

Sounds like it will be very worthwhile to go play it again. I thought it was great the first time, sounds like CDPR is pulling the Witcher 3 DLC style upgrade on CP2077 :thumbsup:

Everything I’ve read, including from the makers, says start fresh, new character. That’s my intention.

These days with the big Open World games or cRPGs, I always want to wait for the Super Deluxe Legendary Final (really we mean it this time) Edition.

Given this is the last upgrade, I think this is it.

Never played it before but just bought it and a few other things - like a Series X and a new TV. Looking forward to diving into it...

Needed a big treat. I'm fucking hating work at the minute.

Last edited:
patch is out and has been for a couple hours.

Update 2.0

* New Skill Tree
* Cold Blooded is no longer a thing
* Crafting is no longer tied to Technical. You can craft anything as long as you have the Blueprints.
* Body limit for cybernetics now exists.
* You can improve cybernetics.
* Vehicular combat now exists
* Police in Night City now has a star system, will pursue, new AI, and Max Tac that will hit at 5 stars.
* You can now alter your V's appearance rather than just clothes.

Phantom Liberty

* You can play the game directly with a new character.
* The new area, Dogtown, will be composed of three districts in Eastern Pacifica.
* The Voodoo Boys will be back and massively expanded.
* The major faction will be the Barghests, ex-NUSA soldiers.
* Mr. Hands will have his own questline like the other Fixers, 10 missions.
* The campaign will be about 30 hours long.
* There will be a new ending to the main campaign.
* All of the love interests will have content if you've finished their quests.
* Dynamic events will now occur in the campaign.
* El Capitan will introduce you to car thefts around Night City ala Grand Theft Auto and so many other games.
So nearly three years and they FINALLY finish the game. If they actually did that back in 2018 instead of having the Publishing side force Keanu Reeves into the game, this wouldn't have been a disaster as it is.

So nearly three years and they FINALLY finish the game. If they actually did that back in 2018 instead of having the Publishing side force Keanu Reeves into the game, this wouldn't have been a disaster as it is.
It is better now, but it was finished and pretty good before, as indicated by how many people enjoyed it and finished it. Nothing on that list is anything other than an upgrade or a balance- none of it was needed for the game to be complete.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back