D12-based system

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Jonathan Hicks

Active Pubber
Reaction score
Here is another #freerpg for the #ttrpg crowd. It's a version of my 1PRPG, but with expanded skills, experience and a D12 task resolution. It's aimed mainly at the scifi genre. This is the basic document so may have errors. Feel free to download & share.

The more I read this, the more ideas come into my head. I'm going to expand on this. I've got a huge galaxy-spanning campaign setting it's perfect for. This is exciting. I've already got one full game being published in November. No harm in tinkering with another one.

The d12 is a lonely die. I think I heard somewhere they finished a draft of D&D 3.0 and realized they'd never used the die. They had to go back and add it to Barbarians and some weapons.

I have a lot of love for the lowly D12. It's so versatile and doesn't get the attention it deserves.

The games Dread: The First Book of Pandemonium and Spite: The Second Book of Pandemonium uses only d12s.

You can get a combined book on DriveThruRPG called Pandemonio.

I have a lot of love for the lowly D12. It's so versatile and doesn't get the attention it deserves.
It's a great die! It a d12,d6,d4,d3,d2 all wrapped in one little package.

Well if we go there then we're opening up a whole world if possibly

You have to be careful when you start talking Double Ds
Yeah, Double Ds can really lead to unpredictable outcomes :tongue:!

I play DC Heroes with 2D12 these days and skills add extra dice to roll making them far more useful than before. Roll a bunch of dice and keep the best two sort of thing. Mind you I've also dropped the table so whilst its compatible its steering into being its own game soon.

The D12s reduce the chance of a double just enough that there is no guarantee even for someone like Batman or Green Arrow to score a double with their 12APs of skill and five extra dice they roll (7D12 pick best two)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back