Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dark Mode or Light Mode?

• Total voters
Light mode.

Dark mode on this forum messes with my eyes - affects readability. But I view Discord in dark mode without an issue. Not sure if it's the Pub's color combination of black/red/white or what.

I use the computer for multiple hours a day, and it's nice not to get blasted with light from the lighter theme at night. My eyes always thank me.

Light mode, because 1) it's easier on my eyes, and 2) it's a nice contrast to the darkness of the eternal night that will envelop us all in the end.
Yes, in the unrelieved blackness of the final abyss where we will have only our torment for company we will lose even the memory of whiteness, and human form, and an existence without pain. So browse in light mode and eat that second piece of cake!

I'm glad that everyone has the ability to choose how they want to view the Pub. I like the light mode here better, but I was a mod on a forum for years where it was only in dark mode. Have no problems viewing sites either way. It just depends on feel for each one.

I'm glad that everyone has the ability to choose how they want to view the Pub. I like the light mode here better, but I was a mod on a forum for years where it was only in dark mode. Have no problems viewing sites either way. It just depends on feel for each one.
Is there a way for mods to see what view people enabled?

It's persistent, so I guess you can probably get it out of the database.

Is there a way for mods to see what view people enabled?

There’s add-ons for that. I suspect most people use the light theme because they might not even know an alternative exists.

I just tried Dark Mode and instantly found myself cheering up. It's not for me really.

The Church of Light has that oppressive Default going for it. We of the Church of Darkness must evangelize and overcome the inherent laziness of Light. The extra pointless work makes us feel better.

I read on light mode because it's too difficult for me to determine if I've read a thread based on the font size in dark mode.

I have bad astigmatism, so reading white text on a black background can be hard for me. The letters look vertically stretched.

Still, I'll often turn if dark if reading for a short period in a dark room. I'll take more fatiguing reading over blasting my retina if I am just checking in briefly.

Ahhhh! I just tried light mode for the first time in a long time. My PNW eyes are not accustomed to that much bright all at once. I am of the moss and fungi people where life is dark and damp and good.
Soon brother we will emerge from our damp logs and shroud the world in perpetual overcast!

Another damn mushroom people invasion, and we all know what that means. For the next month it's mushrooms on toast, mushroom soup, pizza ai funghi and the occasional stroganoff if you're lucky.
I hear steak and bacon both go nicely with mushrooms, or you may have to occasional runs to the local chippie or kebab place.

Is Hell Pizza still any good?

Last edited:
I'm an equal opportunity user. My eyesight is bad enough that I have to light mode if my reading glasses have lost themselves to me.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back