DC Comics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It’s amazing how much worse that Flash looks compared to the 1992 series

IIRC, when he moved, you could see that the lightning bolts on his forearms were not completely sewn onto the costume, and would kind of stand out. It was like Flash took fashion advice from Ragman

Things I love about this Fourth of July cover:

1. Nuclear radiation is no match for medieval shields looted from a museum..
  2. In case of alien invasion, sparklers are your best weapon.
  3. Look at that underhand pitch Hawkman has going on. Either he’s got sparklers made of Nth Metal or he missed his calling as a baseball pitcher.

Attachments

• 664F4BF1-D839-4ACF-91AF-EEDCB2CF1524.jpeg
    664F4BF1-D839-4ACF-91AF-EEDCB2CF1524.jpeg
    927.2 KB · Views: 4
They released a new promo for Suicide Squad yesterday, with some behind-the-scenes footage. They also had some new footage, and I think it both spoils a plot point and at least two characters who survive; it may spoil more on who survives based on if you watch other trailers.

Before I stopped watching there was bit I found hilarious. They were going through and talking to the cast, many of whom were blowing smoke about the film. Then they got to the actress who plays Ratcatcher, and all she said was “I play Ratcatcher, who controls rats.”

It brought back fond memories of an interview with the cast of Buffy years ago, and after a half-dozen people going on that Joss Whedon was God, they got to Eliza Dushku, who just said “Yeah, he’s OK to work with” and that was that.

I figured Ratcatcher was going to be my favorite character in the DC movies, but that “I have no desire to hype anything or anyone” from her actress cemented it.

Well, I saw The Suicide Squad earlier this week (in Theatre).
It's a million times better than Suicide Squad (I did not see HQ:BoP), and gives Deadpool a run for his money.
Or as the only negative review on RT says "It’s about as anti-woke as you could possibly fathom, and there’s a complete disregard for what might be offensive to some viewers.".
Just what I needed after 15 months of lockdowns. :shade:

I was a huge fan of the Ostrander comic from the late 80s and sadly no iteration of the Squad since then has come even close to that kind of quality.

I’m glad to hear maybe that’s changed. Looking forward to checking this out next week on HBO Max.

When you’re promoting a multi-million dollar movie, but only got fifty bucks to hype it.

I love that in every interview she makes a point of saying she’s Ratcatcher “2.” I don’t know if her saying that is a tic of her character in the folm, or she’s really big on the idea of legacy characters.

The one good thing to come out of Superman III. I like to think that Christopher Reeve really enjoyed himself filming this.

Bought what I believe is the latest issue of Detective Comics, 1040 iirc. It was an interesting story. First DC comic I've bought in ages, so I have no idea why Bruce Wayne was turning himself in to Gotham PD & spending the weekend in jail, but the story about some random drunk who figured out that Bruce Wayne is Batman, but then forgot because he's a drunk, was pretty solid. Also enjoyed the backup story. And the fact that there was a backup story.

Also enjoyed the backup story. And the fact that there was a backup story.

i’n still hoping the Grifter back-up story from the one Batman series gets collected. With cover prices what they are I can’t justify buying the series for a handful of pages each issues.

(If you listen closely, you can hear posters at a forum I used to frequent complaining I’m not a real fan for not supporting comics no matter the cover price)

(If you listen closely, you can hear posters at a forum I used to frequent complaining I’m not a real fan for not supporting comics no matter the cover price)

Man, that is nonsense! I still buy single issues because I enjoy it, but it stopped making economic sense to buy them the same time that publishers started selling nearly everything in tpb format a few months after the singles come out.

Man, that is nonsense! I still buy single issues because I enjoy it, but it stopped making economic sense to buy them the same time that publishers started selling nearly everything in tpb format a few months after the singles come out.

I discovered about an hour ago that for Urban Legends DC is reprinting everything in a combined edition, rather than separate TPBs, as they have for other books in recent years with multiple stories.

They'd probably hate me for A) only buying digital and B) waiting for sales so I get said digital comics at a cheaper price. I'd of course tell them to go F themselves, because who cares what a bunch of a$$hats on the internet think of me :wink:

I just found out the home release of the first Suicide Squad movie had an all-new comic with. My attempts to research keep bringing up the novelization, and I was wondering if anyone knew who wrote and drew it.

I had to shake my head at the Peacemaker teaser’s “It’s a uniform” moment, as I still have the Avengers issue that established costumes are considered uniforms over in the MU, and count as formal dress for parties.

This arrived today. I’ve never read a Deathstroke comic in my life, but I really liked this page when I saw it for auction.

A864FF3C-3757-4653-B60D-8C4AB518CA50.jpeg

None of the trailers DC dropped today make me want to go see their films, but I will say that the Batmobile’s resemblance to a 70s Dodge Challenger makes me wish this movie followed the adventures of a muscle car-obsessed Batman.

EA55532A-77E3-4543-A31D-E91364869621.jpeg

B6453232-C07D-408F-AF5F-D55726FF35BB.jpeg

Think I'm burned out on superhero movies and Batman movies in particular but the trailer looks mildly promising. But do we need more gritty BM?

I like Catwoman and Riddler and some of the noir-style cinematography (the opening shot echoes Hopper's Nighthawks) is at least not the flat TV-style most superhero films are shot in these days.

Although it also looks like it could be too dark, these DPs need to learn the value of low-key and chiaroscuro lighting.

Although it also looks like it could be too dark, these DPs need to learn the value of low-key and chiaroscuro lighting.
I have to hunt it down again, but I read a fascinating post on Facebook bt a friend of an acquaintance. On the natter. He works in the film industry, and discussed issues with people editing film in terms of color and trying to hide imperfections, and that he feels a lot of “dark” in recent movies is because some of his peers don’t know how to do it, so dark and indistinct become the norm in films they work on.

I don’t like that costume. Needs to be more like Keaton’s costume.

I liked it! Loved the Batcharger! I've always liked Batman's car from Byrne's Man of Steel. It's a black car with a crime lab in the trunk.

I liked it! Loved the Batcharger! I've always liked Batman's car from Byrne's Man of Steel. It's a black car with a crime lab in the trunk.
Was that the issue with Magpie? I missed that one.

Was that the issue with Magpie?

No, that issue was David Mazzucchelli

1103083.jpg

My favorite Batman artist will always be Jim Aparo and then Alan Davis.

I've always liked the Batman and Joker from Batman Dead End. Especially the costume. That's an athlete in tights wearing a cape and shorts.

Think I'm burned out on superhero movies and Batman movies in particular but the trailer looks mildly promising. But do we need more gritty BM?
Just be glad Zack Synder didn't get full reign on a Batman move:
Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

Just be glad Zack Synder didn't get full reign on a Batman move:

You know, I don't dislike Snyder as a film maker. I liked Dawn of the Dead, 300, and Watchmen quite a bit.

But I do get the feeling that he doesn't exactly "get" the whole superhero thing.

Zack Snyder is very much like the comic creators in the early 90s who had read Watchmen and latched onto only certain specific elements and ran with them, while missing most of what made Watchmen significant.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back