DC Comics

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I saw that — and still think The Shadow Over Innsmouth would have been more fitting. :clown:

But best Lovecraftian reference, to me, was

Aquaman showing up for the final battle riding the kaiju-like, tentacled Karathen, in what struck me as a clear reference to this classic meme:
aquaman-amp-amp-cthulhu_o_5307939.jpg

Two things of note: DC Comics announced today that soon the DC Universe streaming app will contain every DC comic book and graphic novel published over a year ago. That may be worth the $8.

Second, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five came out today digitally, and I just finished watching it. It's pretty good. George Newbern voiced Superman, Kevin Conroy voiced Batman, Susan Eisenberg voiced Wonder Woman, Bruce Timm is executive producer, and at one point you even hear the Justice League theme. You have the Justice League, (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Miss Martian, Mr. Terrific, and Jessica Cruz). You have the Legion of Super-Heroes, (Saturn Girl, Star Boy, Brainiac 5, Mon-El, Tyroc, Dawnstar, Umbra, Chameleon Boy, and Shadow Lass). It packs a lot into 77 minutes so it seems to jump a bit, but I enjoyed it.

Second, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five came out today digitally, and I just finished watching it. It's pretty good. George Newbern voiced Superman, Kevin Conroy voiced Batman, Susan Eisenberg voiced Wonder Woman, Bruce Timm is executive producer, and at one point you even hear the Justice League theme. You have the Justice League, (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Miss Martian, Mr. Terrific, and Jessica Cruz). You have the Legion of Super-Heroes, (Saturn Girl, Star Boy, Brainiac 5, Mon-El, Tyroc, Dawnstar, Umbra, Chameleon Boy, and Shadow Lass). It packs a lot into 77 minutes so it seems to jump a bit, but I enjoyed it.

Bring it Skeletor :thumbsup:

FWIW, I caved. I subscribed to DC Universe at $75 per year before AT&T gets the notion to raise the price. $75 per year for 79 years of DC comic books (eventually), is just too danged good.

I just don’t know if I could pull the trigger, as much as I love so much of that content.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm getting tired of all the subscriptions. But if there's two things that I'm a fanboy of, it's Star Trek and DC Comics. Between CBS All Access and DC Universe, I try to tell myself that $195 to support the two things I've loved for 35 years isn't bad.

Is Krypton any good? I watched about half of the first episode and was underwhelmed and I'm a sucker for sf. Course hakf an episode isn't much to go on so I'll be giving it another try but I'm wondering if it is worth my time. New trailer looks fun.

Is Krypton any good? I watched about half of the first episode and was underwhelmed and I'm a sucker for sf. Course hakf an episode isn't much to go on so I'll be giving it another try but I'm wondering if it is worth my time. New trailer looks fun.

The first four episodes are meh. However, the season improves by leaps and bounds in episode five, and continues to improve steadily. I really enjoyed the last few episodes of the season, and am looking forward to the second season.

I get out see Batman 1989 in theatres again!!!

Hope you guys have this in your area!

I get out see Batman 1989 in theatres again!!!

Hope you guys have this in your area!
I avoided that movie for years. So much hype! So much merch! TV, radio, comics and magazines. Tie ins of every kind you could imagine. It drove me away for a long time!

I avoided that movie for years. So much hype! So much merch! TV, radio, comics and magazines. Tie ins of every kind you could imagine. It drove me away for a long time!

Yeah, it was a merchandising extravaganza, for a few years that gold bat logo was everywhere.At 9 years old that didn't bother me though, and it remains one of my favourite comic book films ever

My parents dropped me (16 at the time) and my ten year old brother off at the theater to see that movie. It was packed! I saw all the 90s Batfilms at the theater. Keaton was and still is my favorite Batman though.

Yeah, there was a streamline to those designs that were so instantly iconic. The 1989 Batmobile remains my favourite to this day. I still have issues of the old magazine " Comics Scene" from that era full of the production sketches

IMG_3268.JPG
Best thing about the 1989 Barman toys is that they were done in the same style as the Super Powers toy line
IMG_3269.JPG

I miss those cloth capes

The Adventures of Superman [1940]

This board game was released less than two years after Superman's first appearance in Action Comics #1.

It was initially sold at Macy's department stores and a complete game contains four different colored Clark Kent pawns, four Superman cloaks in corresponding colors, a six-sided die, playing board, and two rules folders.

The objective is to be the first player to move his Clark Kent pawn from his starting corner to the center of the board, labeled the "editorial sanctum" square.

59639540_2126705084031395_5678420044938215424_n.jpg

Rob’s a relic from the 90s, a decade that should be forgotten because of how it soiled the comic industry. A travesty! Just because he created Deadpool doesn’t mean his opinion is worthwhile.

I do believe though that DC and Marvel could use a Jim Shooter type these days. They don’t know what the hell they want to do with their characters. Abysmal.

yeah... my love for comics extends to 1/12th scale figures. It's a terrifying hobby...

yeah... my love for comics extends to 1/12th scale figures. It's a terrifying hobby...

You don't want to know how much I paid for the latest DH Direct Hellboy action figure. Not to mention they only shipped to the states, so I had to pay to get it shipped to an exgf, who I then paid to ship it to me. But at least it was less than the $500+ it's going for on Ebay already

You don't want to know how much I paid for the latest DH Direct Hellboy action figure. Not to mention they only shipped to the states, so I had to pay to get it shipped to an exgf, who I then paid to ship it to me. But at least it was less than the $500+ it's going for on Ebay already

I know how *I* payed. You poor poor man. Look at you. LOOK AT YOU! In the grips of this disease.

Speaking of DC, Rob Liefeld has been going on a Twitter rampage against DC the past couple of days, saying that he's getting his popcorn as DC Comics slides into the abyss, that they overly rely on Batman to compete against Marvel, and called for everyone in DC Comics management to be fired. That's... rich. Don't think he'll be getting any more work from DC Comics, at least not for a while.

but-but it comes with 3 hands!

LOL. Do you collect Mezco 1:12? They're insane with the extras.

I glanced at that box... that Batman in the photo has *11* hands (one with Kryptonite Knuckleduster), three heads (long eared, short eared, battle-damaged), 10 Batarangs, Bat-boom-mic, Bat-Drone, Bat grapple gun, two grapples with useable cables, a stand with ten individual cape-clips that are wired so you can pose the cape, and a partiridge in a pear-tree.

The Deathstroke extras - the pistols and rifles have removable clips! and the bullets are hand-painted! The Grenade launcher has individual tiny grenades!

Speaking of DC, Rob Liefeld has been going on a Twitter rampage against DC the past couple of days, saying that he's getting his popcorn as DC Comics slides into the abyss, that they overly rely on Batman to compete against Marvel, and called for everyone in DC Comics management to be fired. That's... rich. Don't think he'll be getting any more work from DC Comics, at least not for a while.
Doesn't make him wrong.

LOL. Do you collect Mezco 1:12? They're insane with the extras.

I have the various Mezco Hellboys, including their deluxe Ron Perlman film version. I tend to be pretty specific, at least, in my action figure collecting these days. When it comes to superheroes, I actually prefer Megos, as goofy and retro as they are. Diamond Selects deluxe Mego remakes have been great.

original.jpeg

Since I do 1/12 scale - Megos were out of the question. Plus when I started Megos re-launches weren't a thing.

But when Mezco 1:12 landed... lordy it scratched that Mego itch I never knew I had. My poor wallet

If Mezco ever does a Spider-Ham, they'll have my wallet for ransom

Since I do 1/12 scale - Megos were out of the question. Plus when I started Megos re-launches weren't a thing.

But when Mezco 1:12 landed... lordy it scratched that Mego itch I never knew I had. My poor wallet

have you grabbed Darkseid yet? It's not even close to any of the lines I collect, but I am still sorely tempted

5026.Jpg

4988.Jpg

4997.Jpg

To return to the subject of DC, the big issue I think they are having is that WB executives have started inserting themselves into an "active role" in leadership. That was what pushed out Karen Berger, who I would say easily stands with Shooter and Stan Lee as one of the best editors in the industry.

I haven't grabbed Darkseid yet. But it's inevitable. I need a better Darkseid. (there's always a better <X>, right?).

WB like Disney will kill their respective turkey and golden-goose. Needlessly. All for their hubris, lack of vision and social agendas. In that order.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back