[DCC] Purple Planet!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Steevo also gets out his bow, for all the good it will do.

The strekleons gain on the scouts with a bounding run, their jaws clearly slavering even from here. To get a shot before the beasts close with their prey, you are forced to launch from medium range, and from with some interference from the fleeing Kith.

OOC: Steevo, Kara, Wheatstraw and Malthemundo all roll to hit at -3 for range and obstruction.

Malthemundo carefully targets the creature closest to chomping an unfortunate Kith.

OOC: It sounds like pulling off this shot would be something of a Mighty Deed . . .

Kara also fires at one of the creatures as they approach within the range of her crossbow...

OOC: Attack roll (including the penalty) = 11

Last edited:
Kara also fires at one of the creatures as they approach within the range of her crossbow...
Roll = 6! (adjusted)
Kara and Wheatgrass scowl and curse as their shots fly wide. The strekleons close with their prey...
OOC: Did you remember your Deed Die? AC is 14, so if you forgot it, then you will hit...and there's always the possibility of a Mighty Deed.

Also, still need a roll from Stan Stan

OOC: I'll go ahead and make the rolls.

Stan Stan gets a 5 for Steevo, with +1 attack modifier and -3 to hit this target. The crossbow bolt sails far overhead.

Simon Hogwood Simon Hogwood gets 14 for Malthemundo on 1d20 and 3 on 1d6 Deed die, and -3 to hit the target. The arrow flies so close to the strekleon that you swear its fletching brushes the creature's flank.

All the attacks miss. Despite Conrad's shout of encouragement, the scouts all fall under the slavering jaws in a chorus of painful cries and ripping flesh.

Groon shouts angrily for the warriors to rally. The small band of seasoned advisors rally around their chief as the rest of the band marches quickly to close the gap. Enemy leaders fall back to the bulk of their smaller band, calling out for the strekleons, who do not heed their masters amid the gory feast.

OOC: I'll update the map shortly. Are any of you taking action?

Last edited:
Wheatstraw draws his sword and moves forward to take on the band of enemies.

Gazadhim holds fast and waits to see how things play out for a bit.

Steevo lets fly at one of the large beasts.

shoot the bow: 1d20 19
(this is without mods, as I seem to have 9 Dex and can't remember if I add anything else and the pc with the rules is in use)

if hit, damage: bow damage: 1d6 4

OOC: I still have to update the map. I also have a session to run tonight in about an hour, so it will have to wait until after that. There may be an initiative roll coming, but not yet.

Wheatstraw briskly trots to engage the enemy as one of Steevo's arrows strike the feasting beast. It yowls in pain, and the group of them turn to look around while their masters bellow for their return.

Meanwhile Groon's lads have joined their leader, who is now urging them forward in a quick march. At the same time, it looks like the strekleon handlers are slowly falling back while the rest of their band joins them.

OOC: Position update, stats tabled.

Both bands have reformed and have begun to move. The strekleons watch Wheatstraw's mad charge for a moment, and then turn to heed their masters' insistent cries, trotting away with seeming reluctance. The furious warrior cannot keep pace with their casual loping away.

The smaller foe scurries away from Groon's superior numbers. The war chief curses with fury and rich detail, your opportunity for surprise squandered in the purple gullies. War drums are broken out, and a quick march thunders through the shallow canyon. The warband surges ahead, and Groon casts impatient eyes in your direction.

Wheatstraw halts suddenly and watches their retreat. 'Run ye bastards!' he yells and then laughs.

Gazadhim will head to catch up to Groon's group along the back lines.

Conrad follows Gazadhim.

Steevo stays about 20 feet behind the other 3 in the party who are heading forward.

Conrad follows too

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back