Decision Games

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Decision Games, in particular their solitaire randomized war scenarios?
510gxh5LeAL.jpg
Congo-Merc-Decision.jpg
11218779_10152915685963214_5338202770776954499_n.jpg
border-war-angola-raiders.jpg
pic2728366.png
KS+map+set+up.jpg
1717-2.jpg
suez1.gif

No, but they look like something I could get interested in.

That Khe Sanh game is designer by John Prados who is a historian on the Vietnam War and Cold War espionage. He wrote both volumes of Covert Operations for Top Secret/S.I.

I’ve heard the second edition of Khe Sanh is the one to get. It won an award. Most of the complaints I read seemed to be tied to the historical accuracy of the game (i.e. it is hard to win if you play the Vietnamese).

That Khe Sanh game is designer by John Prados who is a historian on the Vietnam War and Cold War espionage. He wrote both volumes of Covert Operations for Top Secret/S.I.

I’ve heard the second edition of Khe Sanh is the one to get. It won an award. Most of the complaints I read seemed to be tied to the historical accuracy of the game (i.e. it is hard to win if you play the Vietnamese).
Are you thinking perhaps of a different game with a similar name? The credits of Khe Sanh '68 says it's by Joseph Miranda and there is no option to play the NVA or VC: it's a solitaire game where you control the U.S. and ARVN side. I'm looking at it right now and reading the rules. (I ordered three and played Congo Merc a couple of times last night.)

Last edited:
For anyone interested, these are the three I bought. They're around $10 to $12 each. They're reminiscent of the old Metagaming "micro games" and come in little ziplock-type bags with a map, counters, and rules. You need to supply your own six-sided dice (you'll want about six if possible but could play with just one if necessary). Make sure you read the rules while doing a sort of mock-game before you play as they are not the most clearly laid out rules; this is because there is one sheet of the generic rules that apply to all games in the series and then another sheet of rules specific to your scenario. I played Congo Merc a couple of times buy am still learning the best use of various units and tactics and the finer points of the rules.
20190608_141408.jpg

Are you thinking perhaps of a different game with a similar name? The credits of Khe Sahn '68 says it's by Joseph Miranda and there is no option to play the NVA or VC: it's a solitaire game where you control the U.S. and ARVN side. I'm looking at it right now and reading the rules. (I ordered three and played Congo Merc a couple of times last night.)

You’re right, the Prados game has an orange cover. I’m surprised to see two games dedicated to Khe Sanh, exact same titles too.

I have American Revolution and D-Day at Tarawa by Decision Games. I also have their computer version of D-Day at Omaha Beach. Haven't tried any of their mini games yet. I'll check them out at Origins next week.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back