Did My Kid Paint an Artpunk RPG Castle Map?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
And lo, he climbed up, wounded and bleeding, from the depths of the Orange Dungeons, his bare battered feet leaving red prints on the stairs. Weary unto death he climbed still, past the bodies of his comrades and friends. Past the yellow glass of the Widow's Walk, glinting with the first rays of dawn and casting yellow beams onto the dead guardswomen who had died defending the path. Upward and on, through the Blue Solar, splashed with blood and littered with the arms and armor of the fallen. Upward farther still, climbing the great Green Stair to the Purple Heights, favored seat of his liege. There he found the body of his friend and king, riddled with arrows and clutching the broken hilt of his family sword. The man bowed his head and wept. "I am sorry my liege," is all he said.

And over a hundred years ago you'd spend the rest of your professional artist life trying to return to this sort of artistic womb. :kiss:

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's a gross simplification of art's history in the Industrial Age. But I'm sure many, like Cezanne, would laugh and agree, just to ruffle feathers. :hmmm: )

It's pretty fun watching him work on things, or seeing the results from his school art (1st grade, US). When I saw this castle, I just chuckled, and thought of art-punk games using skilled artists which sometimes look like a seven year-old did it, at least to me.

Also, there are really ways its coloring and boxes make it something you could key like a dungeon.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back