Diplomacy. Come on you know you want your friendship with me to end.

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
There's also an alternative map with ancient Mediterranean that's for 5 players.

I suggest we take a break or find some new players after this game. I sense not everyone is still having as much fun they're just too polite to drop out and leave others hanging.

Yeah my lack of attention is why I was totally wiped out... :clown:

I'm in the midst of dealing with a stressful, real-life situation at the moment, which has totally stolen my attention from this game as well.

I'm fine continuing again. It just felt a little disconnected this time. Whatever everyone else wants to do I'm game for

I could use a break, my mind hasn't been fully invested. Lots of reality happening. I would enjoy the ancient Med map when we do return.

I could do one game. Work is crazy through Dec.

New players are welcome!

Do we try this again folks? We need at least one replacement.

Who's in?

I'm pretty busy at the moment, but it is tempting. If you end up one player short, I'll sit in for at least one game.

I'm going to bump this every day for maybe a week at different times of the day and see if we can get a full compliment of players.

So looking for 4-5 more players I believe.
This is asynchronous so no need to worry much about time zones. My experience is once play gets started people get pretty involved and talk/move fairly quickly. No believe there is a timer after which time any orders automatically execute but they can execute early if everyone has submitted and confirmed orders.

In a class about games that I teach, I ran a game of Diplomacy virtually using the course management system to submit orders and so forth. It was hard, with a lot of confusion and attrition, but the students who dug it, really dug it.

Bumping for time of day visibility. Let me know if this is too frequent a bump.

Hmm. I may be in. Let me mull it over for a bit.

I may be interested. How would the game be conducted; i.e. solely through this site or using another interface?

I may be interested. How would the game be conducted; i.e. solely through this site or using another interface?
Another interface setup to handle it. Sometimes people do handle the between turn chat here using the Conversations feature. The external site is a simple dedicated website to Diplomacy.

We're at a super solid 5! Come on people we need 2 more!

You know you've always wanted to. This is the game that is legendary for destroying friendships and building lifelong resentment. Opportunities like this don't come up every day. Get it off you board game bucket list today!

I'll bump this again on the off chance we can get a full house to play this.

I'd be up for some Diplomacy, depending on how quickly we're expected to play. I probably will not be able to keep up with a turn every day, but could handle a slower pace.

Would people also be up for some Republic of Rome? Similar vibe; the designer notes say he made it for people that think Diplomacy is too nice.

Would people also be up for some Republic of Rome? Similar vibe; the designer notes say he made it for people that think Diplomacy is too nice.
I played Republic of Rome once back in the early '90s. My family held a concession on weapons, so we got money every time a legion was created. At the start of the Punic Wars, another player had a lot more popularity in the Senate. We all voted to let the popular player lead the army, and he obviously supported my proposition to create new legions giving me a lot of money.

Then came the double cross. Despite making all those legions, the other players and I sent the popular guy off to fight the Carthaginians with only one legion and kept the rest at home for defense, making it a suicide mission. I made a fortune and got rid of a political threat. Sure, my shenanigans ultimately resulted in Rome being destroyed by Carthage and us all losing, but no plan is perfect.

I'd be in for playing either game.

I could be down. I won't be able to play until the week after next or so, but then I'll be on summer vacation and with unlimited internet.

I don't have Republic of Rome; are there tools for playing it online?

I don't have Republic of Rome; are there tools for playing it online?
I was assuming this was the case given the massive geographical separation, but perhaps I'm missing something obvious. I'm an online board game newb.

Working out interest so far (not necessarly committment at this stage). We need 5-6 players.

Currently for RoR (I'll let Bunch do logistics for Diplomacy):

Myself
Baulderstone Baulderstone
Bill White Bill White
Fenris-77 Fenris-77

From previous convos I'm guessing Brock Savage Brock Savage is likely to be up for it and Simlasa Simlasa may well be.

Anyone else?

I'm a Diplomacy virgin but will give it a shot. How crunchy is it? It sounds really crunchy.
It's reasonably crunchy but half of that is the rules. Once you get the hang of the basics it's really not that bad.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back