Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Baulderstone

Legendary Pubber
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This a thread for posting links to current deals on RPGs and related products. Feel free to announce deals on your own products as long as you don't get overly spammy with it. We'll be keeping an eye on the thread and may add more guidelines if they are needed.

There is also a separate thread for Bundle of Holding deals. Allen Varney stops by regularly to answer questions and provide customer support, it gets its own thread.

I guess we should open with a deal, so here is the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay bundle from Humble Bundle.

This a thread for posting links to current deals on RPGs and related products. Feel free to announce deals on your own products as long as you don't get overly spammy with it. We'll be keeping an eye on the thread and may add more guidelines if they are needed.

There is also a separate thread for Bundle of Holding deals. Allen Varney stops by regularly to answer questions and provide customer support, it gets its own thread.

I guess we should open with a deal, so here is the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay bundle from Humble Bundle.
Question on the WFRP one. If I'm only looking for 4e stuff does the 24 item bundle miss anything out? (I already have hard copies of most of the 2e stuff so don't need it again).

Question on the WFRP one. If I'm only looking for 4e stuff does the 24 item bundle miss anything out? (I already have hard copies of most of the 2e stuff so don't need it again).
A good few books yes, for example the Middenheim city book, most of the Enemy Within books, Elector Counts and Archives of the Empire.

Oops, sorry, I think I was unclear.

I meant is there anything I'm missing by getting the smaller bundle? (What you list doesn't seem to be in either).

I really need to invest some time into looking into the hows/costs and ease of owning and doing 3d printing. That's a very cool deal as an aside.

3D printing has become very affordable, under $200 to about $1000 will cover most home user needs, and the sub $200 are quite capable these days, the higher end being for large stuff (bigger than 7x7" /180x180mm) or to have most of the work done for you (some assembly and tweaking required at the lower end).

There is a thread on it, not active recently but lots of good info if you haven't already seen it. The ability to just buy files and print is an awesome development. When it was learn CAD and design your own stuff 3D printers were way off into 3D printer nerd land, but with it being easy to just buy a file and print stuff at least having a cheap 3D printer is starting to enter into must have territory.

https://www.rpgpub.com/threads/3d-printers-for-minis-and-terrain.1112/

Yes, they aren't giving away all of 4E yet. I'll give a rundown of what you are and aren't getting, and how important I think they are.

Included
  • Core Book- Obviously important if you want to run it.
  • Enemy in Shadows- This the first volume of The Enemy Within campaign. It doesn't include the The Enemy Within Companion. You certainly don't need the Companion to run the adventure, but I would strongly recommend it.
  • Rough Nights and Hard Days- I've run most of the adventures in this book, and they have all been a huge success. The first chapter is the classic adventure "Rough Night at the Three Feathers" from 1E. Original writer Graeme Davis then expands it into a series of adventures with a similar structure. It also provides rules for gnomes, and an extensive chapter of rules for pub games (Al-Zahr, Alvatafl, Arm Wrestling, Beast Among the Tailors, Bowls, Bull Ring, Cerevis, Darts, Dominoes, Dwile Flonking, Middenball, Muhlen, Pub Quizzes, Scarlet Empress, Stones).
  • The Ubersreik adventures were originally PDF-only supplements, but have since been collected in two hardbacks. The Starter set details Ubersreik.
  • GM's Screen- I can take or leave the screen, but the book that comes with it has solid advice along with fun extras, like a table to determine a characters Dooming.
  • Starter Set- As the core book can be a difficult read, the stripped down version of the rule in here is a good place to start. It also comes with a full setting book for Ubersreik, making it worth getting even if you know how to play.
  • Shrines of Sigmar, Monuments of the Reikland, and Buildings of the Reikland give you small, detailed locations with plot hooks.
Not Included

• The Rest of The Enemy Within Campaign- All five volumes are complete in PDF, and three are available in print.
  • Middenheim, City of the White Wolf
  • Altdorf, Crown of the Empire- This is still PDF-only.
  • Patrons of the Empire, a small PDF supplement along the lines of Monuments of the Reikland.
  • Sullasara's Spells of Unrivalled Utility- A PDF spell supplement
  • The Cluster Eye Tribe- PDF supplement on a goblin tribe
  • Night of Blood- A PDF conversion of a 1E adventure by Jim Bambra.
  • Adventures Afoot in the Reikland.- 11 pages of plot hooks tied to particular locations in the Reikland.
I think that's everything.

Toadmaster Toadmaster Thanks! I've bookmarked that to read through. I'm sure there will be some really useful information posted on that thread knowing everyone here. Plus the off topic amusing tangent or three. :smile:

Toadmaster Toadmaster Thanks! I've bookmarked that to read through. I'm sure there will be some really useful information posted on that thread knowing everyone here. Plus the off topic amusing tangent or three. :smile:

I just went through the thread again. Well worth the read, but keep in mind that thread started 3 years ago and 3D printers are currently in a period of great advancement, prices keep dropping and quality improving. Ender 3 still seems to be the favorite for people wanting to dip a toe in the 3D water without spending a lot of money.

A related question on the WFRP bundle: Is there anything from 2E that's not included?

More stuff.
Cartography software at Humblebundle

Traveller at BoH

I'll update with links when I get to my desktop. Or someone can post them below.

I just went through the thread again. Well worth the read, but keep in mind that thread started 3 years ago and 3D printers are currently in a period of great advancement, prices keep dropping and quality improving. Ender 3 still seems to be the favorite for people wanting to dip a toe in the 3D water without spending a lot of money.

In conversation with a friend last week, I likened the current state of 3D printing tech to that period in the late 90's where you had to buy a new video card every year to keep up with PC gaming and rapid advancement in graphics acceleration technology. Thankfully, you don't have to buy a new printer every year, but you could and see some distinct improvement by doing so.

In conversation with a friend last week, I likened the current state of 3D printing tech to that period in the late 90's where you had to buy a new video card every year to keep up with PC gaming and rapid advancement in graphics acceleration technology. Thankfully, you don't have to buy a new printer every year, but you could and see some distinct improvement by doing so.

The advancement between 2015 when I got really serious about getting one and 2020 when I actually did get one is astonishing. A bit like digital cameras where in 1999-2000 people were adamant that digital might eventually compete with point and shoot film cameras, but it would never be able to replace quality 35mm SLRs... by 2008 people were like what is film? :tongue:

A related question on the WFRP bundle: Is there anything from 2E that's not included?
I don't think so, at least not compared to this list I found on Wikipedia (barring the deluxe rule-book and the like).

It should also be noted that there was a 2E WFRP bundle back in 2017 that included everything in this one's top tier.

Just a promo adventure, which is so rare that I’m a WFRP fanboy and only learned of its existence last year. It’s very pricy on the secondary market, very pricy.

Any know of something other than Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2020 worth checking out?
There's quite a few things I'd recommend- it really depends on what you're interested in. Their definition of Cyberpunk encompasses a lot.

That said, I'd recommend:
Eclipse Phase
Retropunk
Carbon 2185
Genefunk (and Shadows of Korea)
Altered Carbon
The Veil
Veil 2020
Running out of Time
The Sprawl

and those are just off the top of my head

Any know of something other than Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2020 worth checking out?
Sprawlrunners is a pretty good fan supplement for Savage Worlds that basically lets you run Shadowrun.

I’ve seen Neon City Overdrive get recommended a lot, but I haven’t experienced it.

I picked up Cryptomancer, which there isn’t a lot of info out there on it, but what I did find sounded interesting. It’s basically what if a fantasy world had magic internet that was hackable.

I’m very tempted, but the 2D6 system and I have never really clicked.
Anytime I can roll a couple dice I'm happy. It's why even when I play DnD I tend to do it old school with a six sided and d10 instead of a single d20. I like feeling the dice clatter together in my hand. As to the 2d6 mechanics, they're pretty solid and have been since Traveller first released decades ago. Wonder why they never clicked for you or clattered as the case may be.

Tell everyone you know about Wolfenoot (or tell their kids), it will give them something else to think about besides Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Chicago Tribune Story

DTRPG currently has a Wolfenoot sale, so it's topical. :devil:

Troika's on sale:

It's a fun, easy to run game. Would it be my regular jam? No. But it's fun. Also, the book has a sewn-in binding and is very high quality.

Troika's on sale:

It's a fun, easy to run game. Would it be my regular jam? No. But it's fun. Also, the book has a sewn-in binding and is very high quality.
If you are into weird settings, it's also a good book to mine for ideas even if you never run it at all.

Last edited:
Black Friday Deals
  • Brittannia Game Designs, Ltd – 33% off all their PDFs from Black Friday (November 25th) until November 30th on DGTRPG.
  • Chaosium – 10% off your order sitewide; use code BLACKFRI21 at checkout. Coupon valid through to Monday 30th, one-use per customer. Further discounts on all the items in the ongoing warehouse clearance sale.
  • City of Mist – Black Friday bundles and deals all month long.
  • Cubicle 7 - Black Friday deals on a variety of products.
  • Exalted Funeral – 30% Off Store-wide, daily deals, and limited offerings – begins at midnight, Eastern Standard Time, Thursday, November 25th.
  • FoundryVTT – 25% off license until November 30th.
  • Frog God Games – 50% off – use code Orcustra2021 on a wide array of digital and physical products. Sale valid through December 15th.
  • Goodman Games – 20%-40%, store-wide on nearly everything
  • Lulu Publishing - 15% off, use code TURKEY15. Valid through November 25th.
  • Magpie Games – Up to 70% off everything in the web store between November 26th to 29th.
  • MODIPHIUS – Site-wide sale on various product lines. Discounts vary by product line.
  • Nor Cal Mythos Entertainment – 50% off digital copies of Carbyne Jungle and Mission Decks.
  • North Wind Adventures – $10 off purchases of $50 or more, use code HYPE-BF21, valid through November 29th.
  • Ordealia Publishing – 68% off their Itich.io crowdfunding initiative.
  • Possum Creek Games – Use code CANDLEFEAST21 for 25% off all Wanderhome Products or use code FREE-BOOKS to Buy 1, Get 1 Free on all other books.
  • XophRA – 25% off Free Spacer bundle on itch.io starting Friday.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back