Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Black Friday RPG Humble Bundle includes 5e, Castles & Crusades, DCC, and Bunnies & Burrows material:

One tier only, though.

The Deal of the Day for 11/24 at Drivethru is Newtonium Engine by Ben Redmond, marked down to $2.40 US. I failed my will check...

Until a decade ago, magic was so rare and weak that many enlightened thinkers did not believe it existed. That was until the revelation of the magical alloy, Newtonium. Discovered by clockmaker John Harrison, the metal is used to make powerful and intricate clockwork machines that harness its power.

The greatest amongst Harrison's creations are the Newtonium Motors: four clockwork devices that graft onto human organs, allowing them to channel magical energies. They enhance mind and body, giving the Augmented control over one of the classical elements, and empowering their magical rituals. However, this power comes at a cost, twisting the subject's personality to feed the desires of their element.

Take on the role of one of these Augmented heroes and enter a world of intrigue, politics and military ambitions; fighting against dark magics and clockwork technologies that threaten to tear apart a world teetering on the brink of a global war.

Written by Ben Redmond, co-creator of ENnie nominated Etherscope.

Black Friday RPG Humble Bundle includes 5e, Castles & Crusades, DCC, and Bunnies & Burrows material:

One tier only, though.
Yeah, it's 41 items for $25 dollars though.

And a lot of those were in various prior deals, so be careful about that.
Just last night I was looking at Frog God’s sake, and realized I have no idea what all I have from them from past bundles and sales anymore. I have to inventory my collection before I buy from them again.

DriveThruRPG’s sale has begun. It feels weird, as only one item on my wishlist is discounted. Hopefully you all have better luck.
I'd put some things in my cart in anticipation, and none of them were discounted. Not sure if I'm just not hitting the cross-section with these sales, or if the publishers I want just don't discount, but there are surprisingly few red numbers in my wish list.

I'd put some things in my cart in anticipation, and none of them were discounted. Not sure if I'm just not hitting the cross-section with these sales, or if the publishers I want just don't discount, but there are surprisingly few red numbers in my wish list.
I went through the publishers involved, and there were a number of past participants I didn’t see this year.

The following Bloat Games have been reduced to .99 for Black Friday:

Dark Places & Demogorgons Core Rules

The Blacked of Deaths – Dire Old School Fantasy RPG (Ashcan version)

The Blackest Space – Interstellar Sci-Fi Survival Roleplaying Game

The Monsters are our Heroes

True Vigilante Issue #1 – A DCC RPG Supplement

Conspiracy Theories A SURVIVE THIS!! Zine: Issue 1: The Dark Door

Conspiracy Theories A SURVIVE THIS!! Zine: Issue 2: Frostbitten

The Vigilante Hack

The Vigilante Hack – SANCTUARY ASYLUM

The Vigilante Hack – A CITY FULL OF SINNERS

The Zombie Hack

The Zombie Hack – BLOODY MCDEVITT COVER

SURVIVE THIS!! Zombies! Collected edition

White Box Zombies

I couldn't resist. I had a lot of the Mutant Chronicles in pdf form. Decided to snag the Print Lover's bundle since it was so cheap. They still give you the PDF's free with it as well I noted.

https://modiphius.us/collections/mutant-chronicles/products/mutant-chronicles-print-lovers-bundle
I was tempted by this and by the Elite Dangerous bundle... but I know there are other things coming, and I already have them in PDF and don't play the game, so why do I need books?

I was tempted by this and by the Elite Dangerous bundle... but I know there are other things coming, and I already have them in PDF and don't play the game, so why do I need books?
Yeah, though I tend to mostly read via pdf, the physical book lover in me just can't resist snagging books as well.

What’s the word on Elite Dangerous? They got a pretty good deal going. The “everyone gets a ship” part sounds cool

What’s the word on Elite Dangerous? They got a pretty good deal going. The “everyone gets a ship” part sounds cool
This is the summary I posted elsewhere in response to that:

Yes, it has personal combat and adventuring rules- how decent depends on the person. d10 + Skill vs Difficulty. No stats. Skills are 10-100, though bonuses are skill/10 rounded down. All characters are pilots and start out with their own ship. They also have levels (or Ranks), which give you skill increases and new abilities, though you also improve skills just by using them. Rank also determines Skill max. I haven't actually played it, so I can't tell you how well it works in play.

You can find The Worst Intentions on DTRPG- it's the quickstart.

The Lulu Black Friday sale has started - 30% off with the code SAVE30 through 30th November.

Does anyone have any recommendations on anything on Lulu and not on DriveThru?

Does anyone have any recommendations on anything on Lulu and not on DriveThru?
A number of RPGs that don't have a print version on Drivethru have one on Lulu. From those, I'd recommend any of the Zozer Games offers, and Zaibatsu in particular:thumbsup:.

Plus, of course, there's a number of books on Lulu that aren't on Drivethru simply because they aren't RPGs, but I still want them:shade:.

A number of RPGs that don't have a print version on Drivethru have one on Lulu. From those, I'd recommend any of the Zozer Games offers, and Zaibatsu in particular:thumbsup:.

Plus, of course, there's a number of books on Lulu that aren't on Drivethru simply because they aren't RPGs, but I still want them:shade:.
I posted on here a while ago about an RPG that’s still on Lulu (and only Lulu) whose author died and his sister didn’t care about his works, leaving me to wonder where the money goes when his books are bought. I may finally buy the revised edition of his one RPG with the coupon.

I stumbled on this while tracking down a freelancer. If anyone has any recommendations I’m listening.
3C09189E-3CAF-41AC-AAB7-5592AB8B4335.jpeg

Fat Goblin Games has almost everything marked down to $1. Material for 5E, Pathfinder, Tiny D6 and others. They also do a ton of stock art, and their subscriptions for Fantasy, Horror, Modern and Sci-fi (normally priced at $100 each!) are only a buck. It might last the weekend if you're lucky

YEah, I'm with you, I have most of the FL stuff already. Perhaps I get a 50% discount on the new Vaesen KS? That would be a sale.
I didn't have a lot of it- so got Vaesen and Symbaroum with the PDFs and Foundry.

Then I decided I had to have all of the other stuff on Foundry, so bought a lot of Forbidden Lands, Aliens and MYZ Foundry modules.

Then I stumbled over the fact that Ulisses Spiel is having a sale and got Torg Eternity on Foundry.

I didn't have a lot of it- so got Vaesen and Symbaroum with the PDFs and Foundry.

Then I decided I had to have all of the other stuff on Foundry, so bought a lot of Forbidden Lands, Aliens and MYZ Foundry modules.

Then I stumbled over the fact that Ulisses Spiel is having a sale and got Torg Eternity on Foundry.
Sounds mildly familiar...:shade:

They got me. Picked up Mutant Year Zero and Coriolis core books. Will look nice on the shelf next to Tales from the Loop. Kind of like completing a trilogy.

Also, picked up Elite Dangerous. Seems like a solid system.
You do know that Mutant Year Zero is a trilogy, right? :devil:

Of course, with the addition of GenLab alpha, there's actually 4 books....!

You do know that Mutant Year Zero is a trilogy, right? :devil:

Of course, with the addition of GenLab alpha, there's actually 4 books....!
Yeah, but other than maybe the Robot book the other core books didn’t really appeal to me as much as the first one. In my mind, ever since I got Tales from the Loop, year zero and Coriolis would “complete” the set.

Of course, this was before they continued to push out even more cool games that I wanna get.

DriveThruRPG put up its Cyber Monday deals. Its pro-mushroom agenda forbids me from buying it, but I thought others might be interested at that price.

... pro-mushroom?
The Orriks of Age of Sigmar are regularly depicted as having mushrooms growing out of them, as well as using them for various things. Combined with all the mycond love I see among 5E players, I fear we have an entire generation that’s forgotten the warning tales of Brian Lumley and Matango when it comes to spore-based lifeforms.

What's your go to game for that genre?
My vague impression is that Mork Borg's rules are in the OSR B/X area, generally speaking. I've already got a fair number of games, many of them free, that cover that territory: Swords and Wizardry, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, Dark Dungeons, and so on.

I gather that a lot of the appeal is the setting and art, though. I don't know a great deal about it; though it gives me something of the same vibe as some of the more 'acid' LotFP modules and settings.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back