Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
More Black Friday/Cyber Monday RPG Madness:

- Masks updated edition and all of the expansions from Magpie
- Wolves of God, Ultramodern 5 and Dissident Whispers from the doorbusters on DTRPG
- Several (10+) VTT Battlemaps
- Bloom and Hard Exit adventures from DTRPG

Also, on a sad note- someone was selling FASERIP MSH yellow box on an auction and I forgot all about it today. Sniped for $3- it was in the box with all the books, but missing the dice and crayon.

Im torn. Maybe it's penance for being a jackass so often.

I had a weird experience with him, followed by a nice experience years later, so I have a heart full of neutrality toward him at the present time.

I had a weird experience with him, followed by a nice experience years later, so I have a heart full of neutrality toward him at the present time.
I've had similar experiences. His initial foray into the pub was nothing but wonderful. But as soon as he hops on his high horse vs his helpful horse he blows away almost all of the goodwill yes earned.
So I don't hate him and I don't reveal in any pain he receives but Im also not walking out of my way to help him.

Im torn. Maybe it's penance for being a jackass so often.
Jackass is far too nice a term for that guy.
He's mastered that act of publicly being a good guy to mask the abusive crap he does behind the scenes. It's why he has lasted longer than his old partner Zak.

I received an email from Atlas Games in regards to their Christmas Countdown

We're counting down to the holidays with
50% OFF OR MORE on digital bundles now through 2022!

Treat yourself to the digital version of your favorite RPG today!

Week One: Unknown Armies

This week's bundle includes:

• Unknown Armies Book One: Play
  • Unknown Armies Book Two: Run
  • Unknown Armies Book Three: Reveal
  • Bring Me the Head of the Comte de Saint-Germain
  • Maria in Three Parts
  • Musick for Unknown Armies: Uncanny Acuity
  • Musick for Unknown Armies: Unnatural Artistry
  • Musick for Unknown Armies: Upsetting Anomalies
The MSRP is $67.79. But you can pick up these excellent RPG books now through December 7th for only $25!

• Maria in Three Parts
The MSRP is $67.79. But you can pick up these excellent RPG books now through December 7th for only $25!

If they discount their Feng Shui adventures for second edition please let me know.

I missed Thunderscape in all its video game and RPG incarnations, but I stumbled on the fact the Pathfinder 1E core is a dollar.

• Maria in Three Parts

Dadgumit! I need all that stuff!

Does Chaosium usually have a Christmas sale? I missed the Black Friday one and there's a book I want to order, but surprised there's no holiday discount or anything this time of year.

Does Chaosium usually have a Christmas sale? I missed the Black Friday one and there's a book I want to order, but surprised there's no holiday discount or anything this time of year.
There’s a post upthread that they did a sale on one specific item for Black Friday.

They had 10% off storewide for BF weekend
My apologies for misunderstanding. After a local comic store stopped their holiday sales this year after almost 30 years of doing them, I could believe a company woukd put only one item up for sale for the holidays.

Atlas Games Christmas Countdown

Week Two: Ars Magica $20

• Ars Magica Fifth Edition
  • Apprentices
  • Grogs
  • Covenants
The MSRP is $57.80. But you can pick up these excellent RPG books now through December 14th for only $20!

CLICK TO GET YOUR BUNDLE NOW!

Humble bundle is running two Pathfinder deals
#1) Is fantasy Grounds files for 1st edition

#2) is 2nd edition.

Is PF 2nd edition any good? I feel like I've asked this before

Humble bundle is running two Pathfinder deals
#1) Is fantasy Grounds files for 1st edition

#2) is 2nd edition.

I’m not a fan of second edition. I’ve rambled on here about it before, so I’ll just give highlights:

1. Many of the feats are highly situational, to the point there are a number you may take and never use in a campaign.

2. Things weren’t thought through with certain changes. I tried to remake a 1E character sorcerer in 2E, and found that several of her bloodline spells were now Evil spells, so as a good character she couldn’t really use them, so taking that (and at least one other bloodline) nerfed good or neutral characters.

3. Certain class abilities from 1E and Pathfinder have been swapped between classes, or so I found between Rogue and Fighter. Attempts to make a Dex-based Fighter with the core weren’t worth the effort. Paizo’s response when multiple people brought this up was “Don’t worry, just wait until we come out with a swashbuckler class.”

Combined with the published scenarios I played, I’ll stick with first edition.

I've read parts, made a character, but never played, so have a limited perspective. Everything is a feat now, but you also earn more feats. Racial feats, class feats, I think multiclassing is now just cross-classing feats. I think it's probably a bit more balanced than 1e and a good game but it's still clearly based on 3e turned up to 11 with maximum chrome and I don't have the energy to get back on that train.

I’m not a fan of second edition. I’ve rambled on here about it before, so I’ll just give highlights:

1. Many of the feats are highly situational, to the point there are a number you may take and never use in a campaign.

2. Things weren’t thought through with certain changes. I tried to remake a 1E character sorcerer in 2E, and found that several of her bloodline spells were now Evil spells, so as a good character she couldn’t really use them, so taking that (and at least one other bloodline) nerfed good or neutral characters.

3. Certain class abilities from 1E and Pathfinder have been swapped between classes, or so I found between Rogue and Fighter. Attempts to make a Dex-based Fighter with the core weren’t worth the effort. Paizo’s response when multiple people brought this up was “Don’t worry, just wait until we come out with a swashbuckler class.”

Combined with the published scenarios I played, I’ll stick with first edition.

I've read parts, made a character, but never played, so have a limited perspective. Everything is a feat now, but you also earn more feats. Racial feats, class feats, I think multiclassing is now just cross-classing feats. I think it's probably a bit more balanced than 1e and a good game but it's still clearly based on 3e turned up to 11 with maximum chrome and I don't have the energy to get back on that train.
Thanks. I'll probably pick up the FG one but not the 2e one.

If anyone is interested in/curious about Over the Edge 3e, Atlas games currently has a bundle with the corebook, a book of scenarios, a novel (based on 2e/the On the Edge ccg), and three soundtracks composed for the new game, all for $20.

I must have missed the other deals for Atlas, but there is this one going now:

New Year, New RPG - DIGITAL BUNDLE Only $30!

Get all four of our extremely popular digital core roleplaying books at a discount:
  • Feng Shui 2
  • Over the Edge Third Edition
Save over 50% on the digital bundle now through January 31st!

New Year, New RPG - PHYSICAL BOOKS 20% Off!

Buy any one (or more) of the physical core roleplaying books and save 20% now through January 31st!

I must have missed the other deals for Atlas, but there is this one going now:

New Year, New RPG - DIGITAL BUNDLE Only $30!

Get all four of our extremely popular digital core roleplaying books at a discount:
  • Feng Shui 2
  • Over the Edge Third Edition
Save over 50% on the digital bundle now through January 31st!

New Year, New RPG - PHYSICAL BOOKS 20% Off!

Buy any one (or more) of the physical core roleplaying books and save 20% now through January 31st!
I was tempted to pick up Ars Magica, but I doubt I'd ever get it to the table.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back