Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Useful information I found on another site about the bundles:

If you can work with JSON formatted data (I believe a number of spreadsheet applications have import functions for that? Otherwise there's a bunch of online converters available.), itch provides that info themselves. To find it, you'll have to visit:

itch.io/bundle/(bundle ID here)/games.json

The bundle id is the same as in the URLs above, so to get the contents of the two bundles mentioned, you can get them at:

https://itch.io/bundle/1314/games.json and https://itch.io/bundle/1316/games.json

These should contain a list of games, with title, URL, short description and a bunch of other info included.

And for those that are using Windows, the following PowerShell should help:

$bundle_games = Invoke-RestMethod -Uri "https://itch.io/bundle/1316/games.json"
$bundle_games.games.title + "- " + $bundle_games.games.short_text

That should output all of the titles and their short text if they have one.

The fields that you can use instead are as follows:

# bundle_game NoteProperty System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject bundle_game=@ { created_at=2022-03-07 16:46:34; position=1 }
# classification NoteProperty string classification=game
# cover NoteProperty string cover=https://img.itch.zone/aW1nLzY5NTUxNTQucG5n/300x240#c/FsVMSR.png
# cover_color NoteProperty string cover_color=#0a50cc
# id NoteProperty int id=431114
# platforms NoteProperty Object[] platforms=System.Object[]
# price NoteProperty string price=$19.99
# short_text NoteProperty string short_text=It's a game about trying your best
# title NoteProperty string title=SkateBIRD
# url NoteProperty string url=https://glassbottommeg.itch.io/skatebird
# user NoteProperty System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject user=@{url=https://glassbottommeg.itch.io; name=glassbottommeg; id=2498}

Any games to draw attention to in those bundles.

I know this is churlish of me, but I'm getting pretty bored of itchio "one page RPG about how you are a sad kitten looking for love" games.

Starting to think it's better just to chuck a five to causes I support and then go and buy something I'll like on Drivethru.

Edit: also it appears that the vast majority of these games are LGBTQ+ oriented, if that’s your kind of thing.
Generally on that it's my thing in the same way het relationships in games are. In the right campaign I think romance and relationships can add a lot to the game and don't quite understand the squeamishness a lot of RPers seem to have in the area. But I like it as a way of generating interesting game rather than being the focus in its own right which is why I think a lot of the games in question aren't working for me. (It's the same as I've run a wildly successful Jane Austen one shot LARP but wouldn't try it as a campaign).

It's why one of my favourite games in the bundle is Damn the Man! Save the Music! which is worth the entry fee if you don't have it from a previous bundle. It's basically Empire Records the RPG. Very LGBTQ+ friendly but relationships and sexuality are a part of it rather than the whole.

I know this is churlish of me, but I'm getting pretty bored of itchio "one page RPG about how you are a sad kitten looking for love" games.

Starting to think it's better just to chuck a five to causes I support and then go and buy something I'll like on Drivethru.
I saw some edition of Troika in there. Other than that, it's not worth my time to wade through 800 items of worthless indie shit for the small handful that might be of use.

There was another bundle linked that I noticed had some Stygian Fox stuff in there that was definitely worth it. (Edit: The Texas Trans one).

Last edited:
I saw some edition of Troika in there. Other than that, it's not worth my time to wade through 800 items of worthless indie shit for the small handful that might be of use.

There was another bundle linked that I noticed had some Stygian Fox stuff in there that was definitely worth it. (Edit: The Texas Trans one).
Stuff that stands out for me in the Texas Trans one.

Curse of the House of Rookwood is very good (and it has the supplement as well) but I think is probably too narrative for you. From what I've heard from other people Thirsty Sword Lesbians isn't for me, but is a solid enough game. A Dirty World is great but I'd be surprised if anyone who wants it doesn't already own it. For storygamers, AGON is a strong contender. Termination Shock is great and if it appeals is strong enough to pick up the bundle.

That's about it for me. I'm sure I've missed a few. But the bulk of the content seems to be either hacks for systems I don't play or one page games made more as a "thought experiment" than as playable RPGs.

I like rules lite. But if your game is only two pages long I question whether it's doing anything I couldn't just improvise off the top of my head.

The 900 item bundle has a few things I already own that are decent. Sundered is a fun metroidvania with good fluid controls. The main boss is Nyarlathotep so it's got that going for it. Eldritch is a creepy-but-cute first person roguelike love letter to Lovecraft. Delve and Rise are solo map drawing games. There's a some Troika!, and Mothership stuff as well.

That all being said, I wouldn't buy the bundle if I was looking for a return on investment.

Last edited:
Stuff that stands out for me in the Texas Trans one.

Curse of the House of Rookwood is very good (and it has the supplement as well) but I think is probably too narrative for you. From what I've heard from other people Thirsty Sword Lesbians isn't for me, but is a solid enough game. A Dirty World is great but I'd be surprised if anyone who wants it doesn't already own it. For storygamers, AGON is a strong contender. Termination Shock is great and if it appeals is strong enough to pick up the bundle.

That's about it for me. I'm sure I've missed a few. But the bulk of the content seems to be either hacks for systems I don't play or one page games made more as a "thought experiment" than as playable RPGs.

I like rules lite. But if your game is only two pages long I question whether it's doing anything I couldn't just improvise off the top of my head.
My wife snagged TSL Rpg book for me while at a game store while visiting our kids. Forgetting that I am not a fan of PbtA or Fate for that matter. The books well laid out and amusing in an over the top sort of way. I just can't stand the mechanics but it's on the shelf next to my other PbtA and Fate blunders err books. heh.

My wife snagged TSL Rpg book for me while at a game store while visiting our kids. Forgetting that I am not a fan of PbtA or Fate for that matter. The books well laid out and amusing in an over the top sort of way. I just can't stand the mechanics but it's on the shelf next to my other PbtA and Fate blunders err books. heh.
I suspect some of its fans would take umbrage at this, but from everything I've heard it sounds like a queer Macho Women with Guns. Which is great, the queer community should have its silly sexy games. The rest of us have done so for long enough. I'm just not into that kind of game at the moment.

I suspect some of its fans would take umbrage at this, but from everything I've heard it sounds like a queer Macho Women with Guns. Which is great, the queer community should have its silly sexy games. The rest of us have done so for long enough. I'm just not into that kind of game at the moment.
Yeah, I'd say that's a fair comparison and like you I think it's a good thing. It reads like it's totally tongue in cheek and having a blast doing it. I actually like the layout of the book and the art does pop. I just am not a fan of PbtA or Fate mechanics.

Stand with Ukraine Humble Bundle

$40, but there's a lot there if you can use it all- across Computer Games, TTRPGs, 3D Terrain, and software
One of the things in there is from the video game publisher I work for. (I think I've mentioned what company I work for, but I like to keep it vague so people from my work life don't find me here.)

I was excited to see the bundle get announced today since I knew about it earlier :B

Another Humble Bundle, this one for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar: Soulbound.

Shit.
I'm into WFRP, but not into Soulbound or this Age of Sigmar stuff.
Not idea what the whizamajig is with the rahzoo about it all.
But for $1 USD per pdf I might just need to find out...

In this case both the spirit and the flesh are weak. It's getting bought despite my distaste for Age of Sigmar.
What's the good/bad about Age of Sigmar? I know nothing about it.

Well, it's essentially an apocalyptic reboot of the Old World into something much more high fantasy. I don't actually hate the new setting so much as I love the original Old World and was never interested in the replacement. However, at this price point I can't help myself. There are a couple of things I like about the new stuff, especially the steampunk Dwarves with flying ships.

On the rules side, I have no idea. I would probably never use them anyway, it more the setting I want to read.

Well, it's essentially an apocalyptic reboot of the Old World into something much more high fantasy. I don't actually hate the new setting so much as I love the original Old World and was never interested in the replacement. However, at this price point I can't help myself. There are a couple of things I like about the new stuff, especially the steampunk Dwarves with flying ships.

On the rules side, I have no idea. I would probably never use them anyway, it more the setting I want to read.

Pretty much sums up why I'll snag the Humble Bundle as well. I love the old setting, not sure what I think about the new one. Dwarves in flying ships though, count me in. lol Also I'm curious about the mechanics.

Edit: Correction.

Last edited:
Here's how it starts...
The Old World, Warhammer's setting, blows up. Sigmar, the most powerful god, gets hurled through the planes on the core of the Old World, which is a giant lump of magical metal called...wait for it...Sigmarite. Then he meets a giant crystal space dragon and...I've never gotten farther than that without throwing up or reaching instinctively for a deadly weapon. :devil:

Bah, creation myths. I always treat them as the product of unreliable narrators. In this case, only a drunken Brettonian peasant whiling away the depths of winter could have come up with something so purile. :grin:

I don't know much about the setting, but at some point after Traveller: The New Era and 4th Edition Forgotten Realms, you'd think game designers might have realized that a lot of gamers don't like it when you build your new setting out of the butchered corpse of an older, beloved setting,

I don't have strong feelings on the matter, even as an old WFRP fan. It actually ended up helping the designers of WFRP 4E. Since the Old World was dead to GW at that time, it kept them off their backs.

I'm picking up the bundle. I should be able to find something useful in it, if only the art and maps.

I don't know much about the setting, but at some point after Traveller: The New Era and 4th Edition Forgotten Realms, you'd think game designers might have realized that a lot of gamers don't like it when you build your new setting out of the butchered corpse of an older, beloved setting,
Rumour (no more) has it that the reason for the change was because it allowed GW to make sure all the new units were covered by their trademarks. Unlike Old World's dwarves and elves etc.

Rumour (no more) has it that the reason for the change was because it allowed GW to make sure all the new units were covered by their trademarks. Unlike Old World's dwarves and elves etc.
They made that change to 40K without demolishing the setting, so there's that. IDK.

Well, it allowed them to do that, (although they just renamed them in 40k) and...
  • Shift to 40k style skirmish units.
  • Bring out the Sigmarines
  • Switch to awesomely and sometimes ridiculously detailed monopose models that they charge way more for and are harder to repro.
  • Force anyone who wants to use their old models to go Oldhammer or play with Legends-like Warscrolls if they don't want to buy an entire new army.

Pretty much sums up why I'll snag the Bundle of Holding as well. I love the old setting, not sure what I think about the new one. Dwarves in flying ships though, count me in. lol Also I'm curious about the mechanics.
To forestall confusion: The Soulbound RPG Bundle is being offered through Humble Bundle, which is unrelated to my Bundle of Holding site.

To forestall confusion: The Soulbound RPG Bundle is being offered through Humble Bundle, which is unrelated to my Bundle of Holding site.
Yep. So no DriveThru links on this one.

I debated with myself whether or not to post this, because it's not technically a RPG product, but I do also write and publish RPG products, and it's fantasy-related, and I'm an avid RPG gamer...

Anyway, if you are in the U.S., my second novel, The Severed Oath, is on sale in the U.S. Kindle store for $0.99 for the next couple of days (sale ends early Monday morning). It's about a nobleman's bodyguard who is framed for the murder of the man she was sworn to protect, and includes evil sorcerers, mad priests, a necromancer, some zombies, scheming nobles, and a bunch of action.

My apologies if this looks like schilling - let me know if you'd prefer I not post stuff like this (since I don't like constant schilling either).
Amazon product

I debated with myself whether or not to post this, because it's not technically a RPG product, but I do also write and publish RPG products, and it's fantasy-related, and I'm an avid RPG gamer...

Anyway, if you are in the U.S., my second novel, The Severed Oath, is on sale in the U.S. Kindle store for $0.99 for the next couple of days (sale ends early Monday morning). It's about a nobleman's bodyguard who is framed for the murder of the man she was sworn to protect, and includes evil sorcerers, mad priests, a necromancer, some zombies, scheming nobles, and a bunch of action.

My apologies if this looks like schilling - let me know if you'd prefer I not post stuff like this (since I don't like constant schilling either).
Amazon product

I think it's fine. It's a fantasy novel, so you are selling something something of interest to gamers.

This a thread for posting links to current deals on RPGs and related products. Feel free to announce deals on your own products as long as you don't get overly spammy with it. We'll be keeping an eye on the thread and may add more guidelines if they are needed.

There is also a separate thread for Bundle of Holding deals. Allen Varney stops by regularly to answer questions and provide customer support, it gets its own thread.

I guess we should open with a deal, so here is the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay bundle from Humble Bundle.
Baulderstone et al,

There's a 19-item bundle of Tekumel merchandise now up for auction on eBay. The auction ends at 7:00 PM Pacific Time Tomorrow, Sunday 4/3/22. It includes 7 items in mint condition. Half the sale price goes to Doctors Without Borders, the other half to one of many unpaid writers and others who donated many (in this case hundreds) of hours to publishing material for the Tekumel universe.

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154914104333

Baulderstone et al,

There's a 19-item bundle of Tekumel merchandise now up for auction on eBay. The auction ends at 7:00 PM Pacific Time Tomorrow, Sunday 4/3/22. It includes 7 items in mint condition. Half the sale price goes to Doctors Without Borders, the other half to one of many unpaid writers and others who donated many (in this case hundreds) of hours to publishing material for the Tekumel universe.

Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154914104333

Too bad it's one of those bidding ones. I refuse to do those anymore. Keep getting outbid due to fuckers using software to bid at the very last second. I've absolutely sworn off all bidding of that sort since the last time. If they put up a buyout price i'll snag it, otherwise I walk.

Too bad it's one of those bidding ones. I refuse to do those anymore. Keep getting outbid due to fuckers using software to bid at the very last second. I've absolutely sworn off all bidding of that sort since the last time. If they put up a buyout price i'll snag it, otherwise I walk.
I hate going on Ebay for RPG stuff. Everyone sets prices like it's their only income for retirement and I see all these ridiculous prices for stuff I have in a storage crate and know it's probably not worth putting it up for sale. :irritated:

I dunno, I usually trawl for people accepting offers, and make really low ones. Sometimes they bargain up to a good one, sometimes they take it (!), and sometimes, bidding goes above what I'm willing to pay and I bid the item farewell, knowing that a better deal will come along.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back