Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
‘Son of a B#%@H, that is an insane deal!

Sucks hearing about this now, as it seems the physical book deal is gone, though they have still have a super cheap deal on every single PDF.

*** Speaking of the crazy previous deal on the Dead Tree books and the Current sale on the PDF’s, is this a fire sale as Morphidius is loosing the licence for the Mutant Chronicles Universe?!?

I love the setting and am tempted to grab these PDF’s as they are allegedly ‘fluff’ heavy. How is the art in the Morphidius Mutant Chronicles books for those of you who own them?

I didn’t even realize there was an RPG for MC back I the day, I thought it was just a Miniatures Wargame which I still have a few of those books. I also bought the Savage Worlds version a few years back but IMO the interior art is so fugly it’s painful for me to even read it, that’s how bad the art is.
They've got the PDF collection up for $6.50 on DTRPG as well.

‘Son of a B#%@H, that is an insane deal!

Sucks hearing about this now, as it seems the physical book deal is gone, though they have still have a super cheap deal on every single PDF.

*** Speaking of the crazy previous deal on the Dead Tree books and the Current sale on the PDF’s, is this a fire sale as Morphidius is loosing the licence for the Mutant Chronicles Universe?!?

I love the setting and am tempted to grab these PDF’s as they are allegedly ‘fluff’ heavy. How is the art in the Morphidius Mutant Chronicles books for those of you who own them?

I didn’t even realize there was an RPG for MC back I the day, I thought it was just a Miniatures Wargame which I still have a few of those books. I also bought the Savage Worlds version a few years back but IMO the interior art is so fugly it’s painful for me to even read it, that’s how bad the art is.

Yes, the licence for MC has expired in June. They've been allowed to keep selling the PDFs for now which seems like an unusually friendly arrangement.

I picked up the Savage Worlds MC pdf and then 2D20 bundle when I realised the former had no plot point or in indeed any adventures at all.

The art in the 2D20 books is in the same style (more frequently the exact same images) as the Savage Worlds edition and older Target Games editions. The editing is dreadful (there is a reference in one of the source books to an adventure at the back of the book that does not exist) and there is so much repetition and padding. In one book it goes on for pages on fashion, which would be fine if there was something visually stricking or mechanically significant to say. But no, it all can be summed up by saying poor people often rely on second hand clother, rich people wear fancy clothes. Thank you, I really needed to know that.

That said I will be using it all as I started a MC campaign because since the movie can out, I always wanted to run that setting, and I always wanted for a long time to try running Savage Worlds.

Gallant Knight Games is having a sale on their TinyD6 line in pdf. Some are as low as 20 cents!
Ah, so that's how I got me the Tiny Taverns and its expansion for EU2,02 yesterday (which I had left in Drivethru credit)? I hadn't realized it's a sale, or I would have announced it here:grin:!

I just completed my collection. Just didn't get Tiny Taverns- if someone can sell me on it, I'll probably get it lol

Can someone sell me on tinyd6?
I am in the same boat as Bunch Bunch . Seeing all the purchases by folks completing their collections and the like has me intrigued. Anyone care to provide an overview of TinyD6 and some personal experience with it? Things that were great, not great, etc.

Tiny D6 is a simple die pool system Roll 1-3 D6s, succeed if any die shows 5 or 6. You have traits that add a die to the roll and possibly do other things like expand what you can do. No ability scores or lots of other things people often expect. It's extremely light but well done for what it is.

I've played only a couple of one shots. It's good but I wouldn't use it (or most ultra light games) for a combat heavy game as you're likely to use the same trait over and over again. Like most light games, I think it does better if you think outside the box on your traits and actions.

I'd also add that Tiny D6, particularly Tiny Dungeons, is a great first RPG for kids. Not too much that it overwhelms them, but it definitely has some meat on its bones so that it's not too simplistic for them. If you have kids between 8-12 and are looking for a good first RPG for them, I'd definitely recommend Tiny D6.

I picked up Advanced Tiny Dungeons, which is supposed to add a lot of meat to the game a few months back, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It's a thick tome, easy 2-3 times as big as the base game. It's not included in the sale.

Reactions: Ram
Is Tiny D6 a super streamlined variant of the old West End Games d6 system? or is it some new fur'fangled Story game?

I'd also add that Tiny D6, particularly Tiny Dungeons, is a great first RPG for kids. Not too much that it overwhelms them, but it definitely has some meat on its bones so that it's not too simplistic for them. If you have kids between 8-12 and are looking for a good first RPG for them, I'd definitely recommend Tiny D6.

My kids are older now but I could totally see that. The art is also more fun than gritty.

Last edited:
Tiny D6 is a simple die pool system Roll 1-3 D6s, succeed if any die shows 5 or 6. You have traits that add a die to the roll and possibly do other things like expand what you can do. No ability scores or lots of other things people often expect. It's extremely light but well done for what it is.

I've played only a couple of one shots. It's good but I wouldn't use it (or most ultra light games) for a combat heavy game as you're likely to use the same trait over and over again. Like most light games, I think it does better if you think outside the box on your traits and actions.
Thanks for the response Stan Stan

How does it resolve damage / wounds / hit points? Does it use attack and damage rolls? Does the defender roll at all?

Does it have character development or do characters remain unchanged during play?

Has anyone used TinyD6 for ongoing sessions / campaigns?

I picked up Advanced Tiny Dungeons, which is supposed to add a lot of meat to the game a few months back, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It's a thick tome, easy 2-3 times as big as the base game. It's not included in the sale.
Thanks for the response G Grelan That's a great pitch for folks to know!

Thoughts on how it handles noncombat scenarios? Social tests and the like.

Appreciate the discussion!

How does it resolve damage / wounds / hit points? Does it use attack and damage rolls? Does the defender roll at all?

Does it have character development or do characters remain unchanged during play?

You have usually 5-8 hp. Most attacks do 1 hp damage, occasionally 2. Usually no defense but you can evade which allows you to roll 1d6 to avoid hits. You can do two things on a combat turn usually among move, attack, evade, focus (make your attack more likely to hit).

You get xp which you spend to buy more hp, more traits, or other stuff.

There's some free quickstart stuff available.

Thanks for the response G Grelan That's a great pitch for folks to know!

Thoughts on how it handles noncombat scenarios? Social tests and the like.

Appreciate the discussion!

All attacks do either 1 or 2 damage, the great majority of them 1. Damage is essentially fixed, based on what weapon you're using and what Traits you have. There is an an Action called Evade that lets defenders roll a single d6 to avoid attacks. In combat, you get 2 Actions, so you can use 1 to move and 1 to attack or 2 to attack or 1 to attack and 1 to Evade.

Character development is an optional rule. In Tiny Dungeons, there are 2 given optional advancement systems: one where you gain a new Trait, to a max of 7, every 3 session, and one where the GM awards experience points and you can spend them in assorted ways.

I've only used the game for a shortish campaign with a trio of adventures for my wife and son. I didn't use advancement, but did something similar via magic items. Can't speak for how well it works long term.

Both combat and non-combat actions are resolved the same way. Characters roll between 1-3 d6 (1 if you have disadvantage, 2 normally, 3 if you have advantage). Rolls of 5 or 6 indicate success. The Focus action in combat and some Traits can make rolls succeed on 4, 5, or 6.

I have recently sold a load of 1st edition Deadlands books and boxes via the Deadlands Facebook group, but have a lot more RPG books to divest myself of over the next 12 months. Is there a thread on this site to point people to wherever they end up being advertised?

I have recently sold a load of 1st edition Deadlands books and boxes via the Deadlands Facebook group, but have a lot more RPG books to divest myself of over the next 12 months. Is there a thread on this site to point people to wherever they end up being advertised?
You can use this thread.

You can put them here.

Fat Gobin has a 5E horror bundle set in Shadows over Valthak on DTRPG right now.

Does anyone know much about this setting? For $20 I'm tempted just on the idea of fantasy horror, but would be nice to know more. It is a bit frustrating that there is only vague teasers of the setting in any of these product descriptions.

Fat Goblin horror bundle

Deals roundup at amazon for Precis Intermedia titles. No way of knowing how long these specials will last, so grab them now if you're interested.

The Misty Isles (Wee Warriors Dungeon Kit 3) $10.10
Amazon product

Rune Stryders: Fantasy-Mecha RPG $18.21
Amazon product

Dark Horrors & Hidden Places (Scenematic Edition) $11.51
Amazon product

The Intercosm: A Supplement for HardNova 2 $6.12
Amazon product

Story Engine Plus Edition $9.66
Amazon product

Bloodshadows (Classic Reprint): A World Book for MasterBook $9.54
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983256055/

Stormrift RPG $13.22
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0983256012

Steampunk Musha: An Alternative Game Setting for Iron Gauntlets $8.29
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0977067327/

For those not already in the know, Epic Games has been offering one or more free computer games every week since the beginning of the year.

Completely free, and you can turn off spam as well.

I only mention this here because it looks like Gloomhaven is one of next week's offerings.
For no good reason I have been going up to my computer and loading the epic app then clicking on the free games. Today I clicked on your link and realized I could have been doing this from my phone all this damn time!

I get the games- but I've never played anything through Epic Games launcher lol

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back