Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Well, what you are getting are books, even if in e-format, so Humble Bundle are actually right...even if we're used to referring to them as games.
But that I can play in the setting of Dumas doesn't suddenly turn Les Trois Musquetaires into a campaign supplement:thumbsup:.

I guess it's better for them- $1 doesn't do much for them in any case.
Sure, but it loses them clients like me, who were looking for a cheap way to try out the games in question. In fact, if it wasn't so, I might have been going all-in on this sale, given that I got some Vaesen book from a previous bundle of theirs. Alas, not the corebook, so it remains unread.
Maybe it still works better for them, I don't know, or maybe they simply can afford to be wrong:grin:!

Sure, but it loses them clients like me, who were looking for a cheap way to try out the games in question.
When I said 'them' I meant Humble Bundle. I don't think that most who were getting the core books at $1 were going back and upping their pledge...

When I said 'them' I meant Humble Bundle. I don't think that most who were getting the core books at $1 were going back and upping their pledge...
Neither would I have. But then I would have gotten the current offer at full value, instead:thumbsup:.

I did a Forbidden Lands character in part to see if I wanted to buy the Vasaen Bundle. Chargen didn't sell me on the system. I might pick up the $1 level for the cards but I don't think I'm going to get a Vasaen group together anytime soon. Not really a criticism of the system so much as who I prefer paying with.

Found another bundle at itch... Traditions:

It's got a couple Trophy incursions, but I can't really tell if it's worth $25 for me.

Also found this link, which I'm sure others have found already, but hey...

Last edited:
Drivethru's New Year New Game sale is up, and it includes stuff like Lyonesse, Other Dust, Palladium Fantasy 2e, Pendragon 5.1&5.2, Heroes Unlimited, Fragged Empires, and...well, lotsaotherstuff:grin:!

Tales from Kausao city
is an example of an underrated game, for example, IMO...and one that "can do Far West":devil:!

Last edited:
Found another bundle at itch... Traditions:

It's not a couple Trophy incursions, but I can't really tell if it's worth $25 for me.

Also found this link, which I'm sure others have found already, but hey...
Only thing about that bundles link- no way to filter for tabletop bundles :sad: Itch really needs an upgrade to their interface as much as TTRPGs on there have taken off

Only thing about that bundles link- no way to filter for tabletop bundles :sad: Itch really needs an upgrade to their interface as much as TTRPGs on there have taken off
Contact them?

Drivethru's New Year New Game sale is up, and it includes stuff like Lyonesse, Other Dust, Palladium Fantasy 2e, Pendragon 5.1&5.2, Heroes Unlimited, Fragged Empires, and...well, lotsaotherstuff:grin:!
Heh, I must not be in much of a buying mood, but I saw one item discounted from a buck to six bits that looked interesting, so I grabbed that.

Heh, I must not be in much of a buying mood, but I saw one item discounted from a buck to six bits that looked interesting, so I grabbed that.
...are you feeling sick, perchance, or did you splurge pre-NYE:shock:?

Contact them?
These things have been brought up to them before, but I suppose it's worth letting them know again. They have been unabashedly more computer game centric, but they have made concessions to the TTRPG space before.

Minis-oriented, but Recreational Conflict (USA) is having a 20% off sale on almost all of their plastic kits.

These are mostly Northstar ( so Frostrave, FG: GHhost Archipelago, StarGrave, Oathmark) and Wargames Atlantic ( various historical plus some fantasy).

The great part for RPGers, however, is that they sell by the individual sprue, so it ends up being the equivalent of about $1.00-1.25/ finished miniature.

It also means you can mix'n'match parts easily.

For about $100 you could end up with about 100 semi-customized human/demihuman/humanoid miniatures. That's an absolutely massive core classic fantasy collection to own for any RPG gaming group. Depending upon how you do it, that should cover all of your basic core classic PC class and race combos, and give you a big head start on undead/lizardmen/orcs/goblins/gnolls as your tastes dictate.

Last edited:

<$24 USD for the Forbidden Lands box set...

I think it's ironic that they just released the Symbaroum for 5e :grin:

I really hate their order site though... you don't have an account, so it's not easy to see what you've already purchased or download again unless you saved the email links.

I think it's ironic that they just released the Symbaroum for 5e :grin:

I really hate their order site though... you don't have an account, so it's not easy to see what you've already purchased or download again unless you saved the email links.
You use DriveThruRpg for the pdfs. So you can check via your account there.

I got that announcement in my mailbox, but I thought the last line was the most interesting
I actually hadn't seen the email, i got it via Discord. Now I see it, and that is news to me, which is saying a lot!

From Fat Goblin Games:

Many of you are seeking alternative games to explore, as you desire to support creators and developers beyond corporations solely focused on profit. I understand this sentiment and have compiled a fantastic collection of games for you not using the OGL. These games include core rulebooks or complete books, spanning a diverse range of genres and featuring varying levels of complexity and rule systems. Publishers included in this bundle are:

Three Sages Games - Lester Smith Games - McNabb Games - Legendsmiths - Haphazard Projects - Zadmar Games - Spartacus Publishing - Gallant Knight Games - Fat Goblin Games - Bloodstone Press - Tricky Troll Games - Firehawk Games - post world games

From Fat Goblin Games:

Many of you are seeking alternative games to explore, as you desire to support creators and developers beyond corporations solely focused on profit. I understand this sentiment and have compiled a fantastic collection of games for you not using the OGL. These games include core rulebooks or complete books, spanning a diverse range of genres and featuring varying levels of complexity and rule systems. Publishers included in this bundle are:

Three Sages Games - Lester Smith Games - McNabb Games - Legendsmiths - Haphazard Projects - Zadmar Games - Spartacus Publishing - Gallant Knight Games - Fat Goblin Games - Bloodstone Press - Tricky Troll Games - Firehawk Games - post world games
Only thing about it is the price for the bundle is a bit high to try a lot of games sight unseen if I were interested. I wonder how others will feel.

One of the fantasy games is based on HERO. It might say that in the bundle but if so I couldn’t be sure it was that HERO until checking some more. Just mentioning to save others the trouble.

Just ordered Dragon Warriors hardback+pdf for £12.18

Something weird going on there. Says pay what you want, minimum POD price is $12.18 (works out at £10 more or less) but won't accept anything lower than a value of £12.18 + £3.52 postage. Still cheap. Maybe a typo. Maybe a 'we just want you in the system so this is PWYW and the rest we make money on' Loss Leader type thing. Or someone screwed up.

Will see what turns up in 5-14 days...

Last edited:

Something weird going on there. Says pay what you want, minimum POD price is $12.18 (works out at £10 more or less) but won't accept anything lower than a value of £12.18 + £3.52 postage. Still cheap. Maybe a typo. Maybe a 'we just want you in the system so this is PWYW and the rest we make money on' Loss Leader type thing. Or someone screwed up.

Pay what you want for physical items bottoms out at cost of production plus shipping. For pdf it's 0.

It was pretty much the same thing when I ordered a copy of the main DW book last April.

Looks like it's a good time to try out Cypher System while it is currently half price from the publisher (Monte Cook Games):
Cypher System 2E core rulebook
:shade:
They're having a new Kickstarter project soon -

It was pretty much the same thing when I ordered a copy of the main DW book last April.
Same thing for me with Navigator.

Just ordered Novus 2e and Eclipse Phase: Multiplicity and Synthesis and The Atlas of the Latter Earth - the last two because they were discounted from Kickstarter and pre-purchase of the PDF.

Kind.of an odd one, but an ebayer has the Theatrix diceless RPG NIS for under $40. Noteworthy because it's bundled with reference sheets and multi-genre maps that you usually don't see included with this game - especially at this price. It came this way, but usually you just see the book without the rest. I was legit tempted to buy it to resell. It's a good deal, and they're taking offers, if anyone's interested. Slight corner wear where the shrink has busted, but worth a look, IMO.

Edit: seeing a few of these, actually. Huh. Wonder if a trove has been unearthed. Either that, or it's not as good a deal as I thought lol.

Last edited:
Multi-genre maps? I have theatrix, but haven't really given it a good look so not sure what those are.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back