Discounts and deals on RPGs

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Keith Frye was the man behind TravellerCon and a good friend to the overall Traveller community. Unfortunately, Keith recently lost his battle with cancer and, as often happens, this left his family with a lot of debt for his care.

In an attempt to defray some of those costs, many Traveller and Cepheus publishers have banded together to present this bundle. This bundle gives you almost $120 worth of material for $30. All of the money raised by this bundle will go directly to Keith's wife, Megan, to pay those medical bills.

Included in the bundle are books from Mongoose, Moon Toad Publishing, CyborgPrime Publishing, Michael Brown, First Age Entertainment, Stellagama Publishing, Earl of Fife Games, Wild Bee Publishing, Zozer Publishing, and Independence Games.
This bundle will run from now until May 15.

Originally posted in the sfrpg group on fb by Independence Games

For Mork Borg fans, today's Deal of the Day (4/21/23) on Drivethru is Demon Dog from Nightfall Games. It bills itself as Mork Borg with a punk aesthetic. You play a soul brought from Purgatory by one of the Demon Barons in a Medieval-ish world. It is marked down to $5.95 (from the usual $17.50).

For Mork Borg fans, today's Deal of the Day (4/21/23) on Drivethru is Demon Dog from Nightfall Games. It bills itself as Mork Borg with a punk aesthetic. You play a soul brought from Purgatory by one of the Demon Barons in a Medieval-ish world.
Does it tell you that if you don't kill the Demon Baron by the end of the campaign, you're doing punk wrong:grin:?

For Mork Borg fans, today's Deal of the Day (4/21/23) on Drivethru is Demon Dog from Nightfall Games. It bills itself as Mork Borg with a punk aesthetic. You play a soul brought from Purgatory by one of the Demon Barons in a Medieval-ish world. It is marked down to $5.95 (from the usual $17.50).
Ummm... the sale price lists for me as $155.04

1682093062483.png

60% off the MSRP times the Sale Price is almost the Deal price but not exactly.
Well, if I'm doing the math right 40% of $14.88 is $5.952. Since they can't charge 2/10ths of a cent...

In the screenshots above where the price is $155, the discount still lists as 60% off. There's a glitch in there somewhere.

There was a glitch. DTRPG had a banner on their main page that said there was a problem where the prices were showing as massively inflated. It happend on DriveThruComics as well, where a free book was showing as ~$150.

Precis Intermedia specials round up:

Save 44% for a limited time on the Medieval vs. Space Classics Sampler, which includes Darkwood (Your own tales of Robin Hood in Feudal Britain) and Worlds Beyond (Classic sci-fi from 1989) for only $9.95 (marked down from $17.90). [Precis Intermedia | DTRPG]

$6.95 each Sale until end of moth for:
Shatterzone: Classic Gritty Sci-Fi, marked down from $14.95 [Precis Intermedia | DTRPG]
Planets of Peril: Sword & Planet Fantasy, marked down from $9.95 [Precis Intermedia | DTRPG]
Rune Stryders: Fantasy, Magic, & Mecha, marked down from $12.95 [Precis Intermedia | DTRPG]

Amazon discounts (prices may fluctuate):
Man, Myth & Magic (Classic Reprint) only $16.76 (marked down from $19.95)
The Intercosm only $4.98 (a supplement for HardNova 2, marked down from $12.95)

But then you have to read it via Amazon:shade:?
Well, you have to read it using a Kindle app, but you can download it to an e-reader or tablet (I use an IPad) and read it offline. I've bought several of the Osprey RPGs that way, because they tend to be cheaper than the .PDFs. There are advantages to Kindle over PDF--you can adjust the font size, for instance--but the pagination is often different from the print or .PDF version.

OK, guys, I thought Amazon doesn't let you download files. I stand corrected:smile:.

This popped up on Reddit today. Not my thing, but sure looks like it took a lot of effort to put together.

So even though WOTC doesn't like selling PDFs of anything from the current edition of D&D, apparently Hasbro has a PDF of the D&D Stranger Things game... for free?

So even though WOTC doesn't like selling PDFs of anything from the current edition of D&D, apparently Hasbro has a PDF of the D&D Stranger Things game... for free?

Yeah... it sure seems like Hasbro and WOTC are running their operations with all the typical internal corporate communications that we come to expect these days. Its like they don't even talk to each other, or have the same marketing plan lol.

Good ole Hasbro, they just love to taunt the players of their games by reminding them that yes, yes we could do pdfs for our current edition. Suck rampant dickery.

Ah. I thought 2E came out earlier than it did.
AD&D 2E was pretty much the D&D of the 1990s.
I was surprised to read that it first showed up in the final year of the 80s (published 1989)
I always associated AD&D 2E with the era of all those setting boxes of the 90s like Dark Sun, Planescape, etc

Eddie from Stranger Things would have been running original AD&D rules (although he may possibly have had the AD&D reprinted books with the updated cover art). He looked like a dude who might have had alot of his own Frankensteined house rules as well, heh heh

Last edited:
I was introduced to RPGs back in '89, shortly after 2nd edition was released.

If I remember correctly, in the first episode of Stranger Things, we some AD&D books with the revised trade dress, even though in our reality, I think it would be a couple of years after '83 when those would be released. Edit: or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, and I'm conflating the fake AD&D book from True Detective in my head.

Last edited:
My suggestions

Tower of the Stargazer - EXCELLENT and the perfect zero-GM-effort introductory module
Barbarians of Orange Boiling Seas - Interesting conquest vs liberation adventure in a pulp like setting.
Vornheim: The Complete city Kit- Excellent notes and advice on running an urban crawl*
The Staffortonshire Trading Company Works of John Williams is an amazing resource. Maps of anything you'd want from the 17th century – castles, cathedrals, prisons, ships, villages, lighthouses, you name it.
The Idea from Space - A sandbox adventure
Veins of the Earth - a fantastic sourcebook for cave system / underdark type campaigns*
Adventure Anthology: Blood - four old school killer dungeons plus the amazing People of Pembrooktonshire
Broodmother SkyFortress - a wealth of DM advice plus an adventure to demonstrate it, won an Ennie
A Red & Pleasant Land - Alice in Wonderland campaign, won a ton of Ennies*
Death Frost Doom (Revised) - top rated adventure*
Carcosa - enormous Lovecraftian hexcrawl
Qelong - Asian type setting by Ken Hite
Frostbitten & Mutilated - Arctic setting book*

*A number of these have involvement from Zak Smith who you may wish to boycott.

Last edited:
So, does anyone have any recommendations for the best adventures or supplements?

Scenic Dunnsmouth - great little Lovecraftian adventure, with a nifty way of randomly generating the village in question (easily re-purposable for other villages).

Thulian Echoes - dungeon that the setup lets you run it not once but twice with the same group.

Broodmother Skyfortress - high level adventure that is great for upending, wrecking, and/or ending a campaign world.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back