[DM's Guild] What's good for D&D5?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

The Butcher

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Fluff, crunch, anything more interesting than Wizbro's watered-down Forgotten Realms railroad campaigns.

I'd be interested in hearing some recommendations. Not for me but my mate Aled is talking about running a few games.

Dungeon Grappling adds some much-needed meat to the D&D 5E combat experience. Highly recommended.

I have mixed feelings about the Curse of Strahd campaign. The encounters and monsters have power levels that really favor a railroady path through the lands of Grand Borograviawick, although the general plot isn't that tied to that. I ran (parts of) it with SotDL, so I had to convert monsters anyway, but as written in 5E...

The "Adventures in Middle Earth" look like a decent change from the usual stuff, and I'd actually rather play them with a 5E setup than with the touchy-feely One Ring rules. I would add in Lorefinder converted to 5E, but that's an acquired taste for sure.

I've also heard some good things about the Primeval Thule campaign setting. 5E should do fine with a Sword & Sorcery setup.

Dungeon Grappling adds some much-needed meat to the D&D 5E combat experience. Highly recommended.

As a swordsmanship instructor and a grappler, I approve of this whole heartedly. How well would it dovetail into OSR rulesets?

Edit: read the blurb again. It's good for my favourite OSR game, Swords & Wizardry. I am a happy sword monkey.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back