Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on The Location Crafter?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nexus

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
The Location Crafter

I have this product, though I haven't used it yet but from my first read through it seem of limited utility, really one able to create classic "dungeon" like locals where things are relatively random and largely unknown and difficult to observe overall, but using it for something like a house or a town would produce some odd results.

The Location Crafter doesn't appear to be a very popular product. I guess that says something in and of itself.

I hadn't picked it up, but locals for my games aren't usually something I struggle with.

It's an add on for the whole Mythic GM Emulator system. My guess is it's an attempt to keep a certain sameness out of a solo play game more than anything.

Are you familiar with Mythic?

Popularity doesn't necessarily speak to quality. :wink:

That said, I can't say much beyond what you've already said because I don't have it either. You'll have to say more for our comments to be helpful. Or you could possibly throw up an example of a made dungeon or home locale from the text and we'll all criticize the results. :cake::quiet:

It's an add on for the whole Mythic GM Emulator system. My guess is it's an attempt to keep a certain sameness out of a solo play game more than anything.

Are you familiar with Mythic?

Yep, I use it fairly often. In facts sort of what lead me to The Location Crafter

I should have mentioned that, like the GM and NPC emulators, the Crafter series books can be used as GM tools/aids for a traditional game as well as for solo gaming.

Here's a couple of reviews of the Location (and Adventure Crafter in the 2nd) Crafter. I agree with some things mentioned in the 1st. The Location does seem like it would work better if you have little preconceived about your adventure or location.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back