Doodling D&D

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Did you miss him? He's on Page three - I tagged you in the Post
Seems I did!

So, funny thing I jusy discovered as I was making my way through thew latest batch of sketches - I suddenly reached the "J"s and noticed that I had not drawn an Illithid - because they are not in the Monstrous Manual!

However, someone ( AsenRG AsenRG ) said they were anticipating this one, and it's such an iconic D&D monster that I decided to do one anyways...

Illithid

View attachment 14038
The Gyger is strong in that one! Is that the bastard result of Chtulhu falling in non-Euclidean lust with an Alien, or what:devil:?

Seems I did!

The Gyger is strong in that one! Is that the bastard result of Chtulhu falling in non-Euclidean lust with an Alien, or what:devil:?

Huh, I wasn't really going for an HR Giger vibe (that would be the Manscorpion), but I definitely cannot draw anything cephelapod-like without a Lovecraftian vibe, and it seemed to fit perfectly with what I read of them. There's a tiny bit of Froud in there as well, but it's subtle.

Huh, I wasn't really going for an HR Giger vibe (that would be the Manscorpion), but I definitely cannot draw anything cephelapod-like without a Lovecraftian vibe, and it seemed to fit perfectly with what I read of them. There's a tiny bit of Froud in there as well, but it's subtle.
By the time you're writing this, anything cephelapod-like that you draw has probably a close cousin in the way someone, somewhere has drawn Chtulhu:grin:!
So, yeah, hiding from the Mythos influence is pretty much impossible now. Funny enough, the Mythos is the new Pop-Horror, a prospect that'd have probably terrifed Lovecraft (an easily terrifiable man by all accounts:devil:)!

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back