Doodling D&D

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've been doing some cleanup of the Images in Photo-editor, here's an updated Yanauluha after about an hour's worth of touch-ups...

50011518671_4cd7a4c1a1_z.jpg

At a bit of an impasse with the Arthurian mythos, lo be honest, not sure how to approach them. Waiting for some sort of imspiration to hit.

I'm thinking someone needs to pay you for your art and put it in an OGL retro clone type thing. However, I think it would need to be a bit of an off the wall one with sanity checks or something. A different take on the monsters maybe. Almost taken from the perspective that people would be reading their first Monster Manual, not knowing what to expect. Maybe that's it. A Monster Manual with new write ups that takes a more mythical approach to monsters.

Illustrating a Old School (not necessarily OSR, but OSR adjacent perhaps) Fantasy RPG with a Folk-Horror vibe seemslike my calling.

It's odd, throughout this project I've sort of delved into/pulled out of myself this specific style that's very different from the superhero/pulp illustrations that I've been working on for Phaserip. I enjoy it - playing with simplistic texture techniques like stippling and crosshatching is very soothing to the Psyche, as is just pulling these weird-ass anatomies and malavelont expressions out of my id.

Writing "among the beautiful creatures" was like that for me. I need to re-visit it some day, mostly to add The Butcher's Tale at the beginning and Beyond the Gates of Tallow at the end. I should have gotten my daughter to illustrate it when she was five or six. She's too good now, I wanted it to look like it was illustrated by an insane toddler.

Illustrating a Old School (not necessarily OSR, but OSR adjacent perhaps) Fantasy RPG with a Folk-Horror vibe seemslike my calling.

It's odd, throughout this project I've sort of delved into/pulled out of myself this specific style that's very different from the superhero/pulp illustrations that I've been working on for Phaserip. I enjoy it - playing with simplistic texture techniques like stippling and crosshatching is very soothing to the Psyche, as is just pulling these weird-ass anatomies and malavelont expressions out of my id.
I see what you did there...:thumbsup:

This was a commision I did for a friend's game, where he wanted to introduce a creature that was the opposite of the Gibbering Mouther, a creature composed of all eyes and mouths. His concept was a "Dribbling Noser"...a creature instead all noses and ears.

It is easily the most disgusting thing that I have ever drawn. I wasn't even able to eat the entire time I was working on it...

dribnosl rsz.jpg

Hey Voros Voros , I'm going through all my pics doing digital clean-up to get them ready for publication, and I significantly altered the Modron I'd done before.

Just in case you were loooking to upgrade your avatar...

50178578288_ba213bc354_c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still mostly in the draw other artists I like phase of drawing skill recovery. A couple of sketches after the fantastic Mike Mignola from Gotham By Gaslight...

GbGL1 (2).jpg

Do we need a thread for art by people other than TristramEvans? I don't want to clutter a bespoke thread...

Earlier today I was digging though some notes I took a year ago and came across the first drawing I made of my current D&D character. I drew it during a particularly boring lecture on proper silverware placement, and it originally started out as just a small doodle of the character, but then I started to add details eventually turning it into what I imagined a wizard dreams of.
Dreams of a Wizard.jpeg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back