Dora and the Lost City of Gold (SPOILER, NO SPOILING!)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dammit Viktor

Legendary Member
Reaction score
So I was twenty when the show launched, right? It ran from when I was twenty to when I was thirty-four.

I've never seen a single episode of it, and I've always been okay with that, and I'm still basically okay with that.

I thought that CollegeHumor video from a few years back was hilarious, and it amused me terribly when I found out executives at Nickelodeon picked up the idea and said "Sure, why not?" I saw the first trailers awhile back, and it looked like it would be a fun movie that would be worth the price of a movie ticket and a soda. (I had really hoped for two movie tickets and two sodas because I don't like seeing movies alone, and a guy my age and general demeanor has to be real careful seeing kids' movies alone.) Like... I expected a solid 7 out of 10 with the possibility of a pleasant surprise.

I did not expect, and could not possibly have predicted, that Dora and the Lost City of Gold was going to be the best movie I've seen so far this year, the best movie since last year's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and a movie that I would describe as a "nearly perfect" 10 out of 10. It's not the best movie I've ever seen-- it would have to be groundbreaking in some way to top movies that... were-- but it is absolutely among the most entertaining movies I have ever, ever seen.

TEN out of TEN. This movie didn't change my life or anything, but I am going to go back and see it again in the theaters as many times as I absolutely, possibly can.

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
The great film cirtic Alan Jones also expressed surprise at how much he enjoyed this so I'm hoping to catch it in the theatre.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com